I think they're going to work exactly like bows do.
    Last edited by Prifter; 2012-06-23 at 07:04 PM.

I just wish they could push better graphics from the consoles. As it is right now, seeing ridiculously pixelated shadows and terrible rendering on objects alone makes me wish I had the PC version. That's now even including the countless PC mods that improve the game's visuals from heavier weather effects to more detailed view distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I just wish they could push better graphics from the consoles. As it is right now, seeing ridiculously pixelated shadows and terrible rendering on objects alone makes me wish I had the PC version. That's now even including the countless PC mods that improve the game's visuals from heavier weather effects to more detailed view distance.

i think it still looks pretty nice on xbox, some really got views of stuff you can get, but compared to PC with mods, its really bad :P i kinda wish i bought on PC, but then i couldnt talk to my friends on xbox Microsoft should make a cross platform voice chat!! do want. when Skyrim goes really cheap on PC i would probably pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    [The contents of this post can be unlocked in random loot boxes available from your local ISP. We want to provide readers with a feeling of pride and accomplishment when they read it.]

I have it on the PS3 and the lack of mods just bugs me so much. I'm so jelly of people with the Skyrim RE mod. I wonder if they'll ever add the ability to redo perks on a character on the console games.

Also, I know I'm 8 months late to the party but is there any way to hotkey different weapon sets so you don't have to pause combat and scroll through the "favorites" list every time you want to swap weapons/spells?
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I have it on the PS3 and the lack of mods just bugs me so much. I'm so jelly of people with the Skyrim RE mod. I wonder if they'll ever add the ability to redo perks on a character on the console games.

Also, I know I'm 8 months late to the party but is there any way to hotkey different weapon sets so you don't have to pause combat and scroll through the "favorites" list every time you want to swap weapons/spells?

yeah that really annoys me too :P i wish there was a way of resetting perks, should add it in game and make it cost a lot of gold or something. though i suppose that would defeat the purpous of having multiple characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    [The contents of this post can be unlocked in random loot boxes available from your local ISP. We want to provide readers with a feeling of pride and accomplishment when they read it.]

Also Venziir, just checked and mounted combat wasn't available on my PS3 version of Skyrim and I've got the latest updates. So it's gotta be a mod. Especially since Bethesda was demonstrating it as part of the new DLC.

Right now I am having a bit of a lighting bug... it seems whenever I am in first person mode and look at a light source (Like a fire or a spell I am holding) the screen flashes like crazy, and it stops in third person. I have a few mods but none that change graphics as far as I know. Anyone else had this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    yeh can't wait for dawnguard either...a bit strange to have both skyrim+mass effect 3 dlc on same day :S
    Just different endings, and it's free. I think everyone would play the dawnguard dlc over replaying the last part of Mass Effect 3 just to see an ending they'll probably be disappointed in.

Anyone in here has information on when 'Dawnguard' will be purchasable on Steam?

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Also Venziir, just checked and mounted combat wasn't available on my PS3 version of Skyrim and I've got the latest updates. So it's gotta be a mod. Especially since Bethesda was demonstrating it as part of the new DLC.
    http://www.bethblog.com/2012/05/24/m...skyrim-update/ Not on PS3 yet, which is why I have it - I play it on pc

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I've started working on a remake of the Ayleid Ruins from Oblivion, or at least something vaguely resembling it. The tileset will be released as a mod so anyone can create their own dungeons using it as well

Skyrim Dawnguard expansion to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim the Dovakiin can either join the Dawnguard, who hunt vampires, or join the vampires and gain new powers. The expansion includes new weapons and armor, a new horse, dragons with new powers and more.

Skyrim Dawnguard DLC comming tomorrow for Xbox 360 with 1600 MS points cost.
    But I saw one of gaming blog site alreday giving some free redeem code to get this Skyrim Dawnguard DLC for free on this summer.

skyrimdawnguard.info

Why why WHY can't they make mods available to console players?! And why do the loading screens last 1-3 minutes each on my PS3?

Allmyrage.jpeg

How CPU intensive Skyrim is?

Radeon HD 6970
    4GB RAM
    But my CPU is from stoneage: DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz

Can I run it on ultra? How about with some high texture mods etc.?
    Last edited by Gámbller; 2012-06-26 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gámbller View Post
    How CPU intensive Skyrim is?

Radeon HD 6970
    4GB RAM
    But my CPU is from stoneage: DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz

Can I run it on ultra? How about with some high texture mods etc.?
    problem with skyrim is bugs. since 1.6 people are having issues with skyrim refusing to utilize all their CPU and GPU's power. it's an off/on thing with no constant trigger, and even at 100% stock settings, it may start stuttering or even becoming a slideshow until you shut it down and start up again. this shit wasn't happening for me until the day 1.6 hit and now my stutter is back regardless if i'm using 2048 textures or 512 textures. regardless if i'm running at ultra with ugridstoload=7 or 100% stock on low

the game was made by people who just don't give a fuck. modders will fix it eventually and since bethesda knows it, they don't need to care. feels like i'm playing a blizzard game, if not for mods the series would have bombed during oblivion

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 08:56 PM ----------

Why why WHY can't they make mods available to console players?! And why do the loading screens last 1-3 minutes each on my PS3?

Allmyrage.jpeg
    PS3 version isn't worth the box price. even the 360 looks and plays better, but my nephew has it on ps3 and i feel bad for him. compared to my modded computer version, it's not even close. it looks like something that should have been released for dreamcast

As far as I've seen, the 360 version of Skyrim doesn't seem different at all than the PS3 (I've been to friend's places where they have it for the 360). Same loading times etc. I thought that the PS3 had better hardware though which is why it bugs me that the loading screens last so long and the bad textures etc.

Anyways, is Dawnguard releasing for the PS3 and PC tonight as well? I don't understand why they'd only release for one console at a time. I also don't understand why most Skyrim reviews are for the 360 and why the game has a higher metacritic rating for that than PC and PS3.

As far as I've seen, the 360 version of Skyrim doesn't seem different at all than the PS3 (I've been to friend's places where they have it for the 360). Same loading times etc. I thought that the PS3 had better hardware though which is why it bugs me that the loading screens last so long and the bad textures etc.

Anyways, is Dawnguard releasing for the PS3 and PC tonight as well? I don't understand why they'd only release for one console at a time. I also don't understand why most Skyrim reviews are for the 360 and why the game has a higher metacritic rating for that than PC and PS3.
    As part of the licensing agreement between microsoft and bethesda or zenimax media or whatever the XBox gets it a month in advance of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    As part of the licensing agreement between microsoft and bethesda or zenimax media or whatever the XBox gets it a month in advance of the rest.
    But why the more/better reviews though? I mean, the PC version can get the CREATION KIT. That alone should have all the reviewers haggling for rating THAT instead of the 360 version.

I mean, the only reason I got it on PS3 instead of 360 (PC out of the question since I didn't want to drop $150+ on a new video card) is cause my 360 red ringed TWICE and I didn't wanna risk it. Both my consoles were bought within the first month of their release so they're damn old. I wonder if having a new version of either console would change anything.

But why the more/better reviews though? I mean, the PC version can get the CREATION KIT. That alone should have all the reviewers haggling for rating THAT instead of the 360 version.

I mean, the only reason I got it on PS3 instead of 360 (PC out of the question since I didn't want to drop $150+ on a new video card) is cause my 360 red ringed TWICE and I didn't wanna risk it. Both my consoles were bought within the first month of their release so they're damn old. I wonder if having a new version of either console would change anything.
    Consoles have a bigger user base than pcs ergo their are more gaming magazines that review for consoles and base their reviews of console versions. The reviewers don't haggle for anything.

Blademaster
    I so want to get into Skyrim. I think it's a really cool game. Plenty of people I know play it and love it, I even bought it myself and got some nice mods going on it. But I can only play it for 15 minutes before I get antsy and go do something else, almost always outside-of-the-house related. When I think about coming back to it, I know I won't have an idea what is going on so it just sits on my hard drive, the icon staring at me.

I think I need to lock myself in my house for 2 days straight, drink beer and play it. If I don't, I feel like I would have wasted money on something great for the wrong reason. ><