Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'd like to know what mods these are (Skyrim)

The other day I found a few pictures of Skyrim and wondered what mods were being used. Perhaps some of you can help me? <3

Check out this video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUfvMZuKU8c) at minutes 7:00, 9:40, 28:37, 35:11, 37:39 (dark nights, wow!), 39:20 (again, dark nights with awesome sky and water!) and 40:42.

Also, this picture here: http://imgur.com/4wrC7QD

Thanks in advance!
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Console version.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    Console version.
    Aw, fudge. Really? Are there no mods that are similar to these screens?
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Aw, fudge. Really? Are there no mods that are similar to these screens?
    No, it's not the console version. I can't tell you what mods those are, but that's a heavily modded PC version of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, it's not the console version. I can't tell you what mods those are, but that's a heavily modded PC version of the game.
    Pretty much this. Console does not look that pretty at all. Alas I cannot help either, I play on console lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    The other day I found a few pictures of Skyrim and wondered what mods were being used. Perhaps some of you can help me? <3

Check out this video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUfvMZuKU8c) at minutes 7:00, 9:40, 28:37, 35:11, 37:39 (dark nights, wow!), 39:20 (again, dark nights with awesome sky and water!) and 40:42.

Also, this picture here: http://imgur.com/4wrC7QD

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not sure if they are the exact mods, but the Graphical Essentials mod pack contains some nice upgrades, such as lush grass/trees, Moss rocks, Water and Terrain, and all the snow mods. However, I'd be careful to make sure it doesn't impact your system too much, lest you suffer some FPS loss which would decrease quality anyways. Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Deleted
    Hey guys, anyone tested the Build Your Own Home mod? Is it any good? I'm a hoarder and I'm looking for a house where I can display all my trophies, armors, weapons, books and the like. I'm currently using Elysium Estate, which is wonderful but I'm running out of space. I'm very disappointed by the limited possibilities in Hearthfire, so does this mod give you more freedom when building?

Quote Originally Posted by Luks View Post
    Hey guys, anyone tested the Build Your Own Home mod? Is it any good? I'm a hoarder and I'm looking for a house where I can display all my trophies, armors, weapons, books and the like. I'm currently using Elysium Estate, which is wonderful but I'm running out of space. I'm very disappointed by the limited possibilities in Hearthfire, so does this mod give you more freedom when building?
    I haven't tried Elysium Estate so I don't know how they compare, but the shack built by the Build Your Own Home mod is actually pretty small and cramped. It has good decorations (much better than anything in vanilla, and a lot better than most mods), but it's not a home for putting your own stuff on display.

But I do say you should try it out anyway, even though I don't think it will suit your needs.

On the subject of housing, after getting slightly dissapointed by the default look of the Hearthfire houses (seriously, what else did I expect), I am looking for a dark-themed house, preferably with no NPCs (although I can live with it if there are few squaters), customizable garden, all crafting stations, themed storage and best of all would be build-it-from-scratch system. Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    On the subject of housing, after getting slightly dissapointed by the default look of the Hearthfire houses (seriously, what else did I expect), I am looking for a dark-themed house, preferably with no NPCs (although I can live with it if there are few squaters), customizable garden, all crafting stations, themed storage and best of all would be build-it-from-scratch system. Any ideas?
    Play with modding tools and make one yourself The dawnguard vampire style really gives alot of possibilities if you want grimdark crib.

10+ Year Old Account

Skyrim: Faster Way To Change Weapons?

I know I'm way late on this one, but I just started playing Skyrim (on Xbox 360) and have found the inventory system to be a total drag. I must have it wrong, I honestly can't believe that I'm expected to shuffle through menus just to lower my bow and equip my sword.

So is there a way, like in Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning for example, that you can bind items to the D-pad for quick and easy use? For instance, if I want to quickly switch to my bow, I can assign it to the left d-pad and have my guy whip it out, put health potions on the up key, then have my sword/shield combo on another? Or would that be too easy?

Any help with this is appreciated and remember, I'm on the 360 version. Thanks!

It's been a while since I've played it but I'm pretty sure you can set 'favourites', and you can set those favourites to whatever your primary weapons are at the time - magic, sword or ranged.

I play on the PC though so I'm not sure what button it is, but I imagine it's there on Xbox too. Just look for a favourite button / icon on the inventory and see what from there, or maybe someone more familiar with it can go into detail / has a better explanation/ Google it.

Deleted
    I play on computer, so i dont know if it'll be the same for you, but on the computer game theres the option to set items and spells to a 'favourites' list which can be brought up mid fight using the 'Q' button. It can even remember 'combos' for weapons or spells, so you only have to assign one to change both.
    I'm not sure if this will help you at all...maybe check the user manual?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Nope cant change anything without having it on the PC i think
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    It's been a while since I've played it but I'm pretty sure you can set 'favourites', and you can set those favourites to whatever your primary weapons are at the time - magic, sword or ranged.

I play on the PC though so I'm not sure what button it is, but I imagine it's there on Xbox too. Just look for a favourite button / icon on the inventory and see what from there, or maybe someone more familiar with it can go into detail / has a better explanation/ Google it.
    There is a favorites button for Xbox but it doesn't let you switch to your favorites without going into the menus, so it does kind of defeat the purpose. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sophai
    maybe check the user manual?
    Thanks actually the first thing I did. No answers aside from the favorites menu thing. Thus, to the forums.

I find it pretty hard to believe that "inferior" games such as KoA would have such a function and the "best game ever in the genre" wouldn't.

Oh well, just one of those things I guess.

Deleted
    The only thing you can do on the X 360 version is setting your weapons/spells/potions as "favorite" and then when you press D-pad (up I think), it brings up the favorite menu with whatever you selected.

Deleted
    Oh boy, playing my mage character just got much more badass:
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/43241/?

Just lighting the whole city of Whiterun on fire while trying out this mod made it already into my top 3 favorite mods of all time!

10+ Year Old Account
    So did anyone else get Dawnguard for free on PC, just kinda randomly...

15+ Year Old Account
    Changed my face a little, and started using Kalicola's Enhanced Graphics

Well hello there, Triss.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988