10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Okay, so i recently started a new playthrough, all was going fine until i started the civil war quest line(after about 65 hours playtime), where i got stuck at "message to Whiterun" where you have to report to legate cipius. When i tried talking to him he would just give me generic imperial soldier lines. I tried starting a new game, same thing happens, tried starting a new game in a fresh install with no mods, and it still happens.

Anyone got any possible ways to fix that?
    Try console commands. First, click on him to get his ID number then type 'disable' then 'enable' him again to see if he resets. If that dosn't work, try moving the questline along with the quest IDs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Archery is the best b/c you also get talents to slow time so that bar lasts fooorreeever. It's how I wanted to play, so I wasn't really bothered by the ease. It actually made my first play highly enjoyable. Stealth archery is so OP in vanilla, it's not even funny.
    Honestly Stealth in general is OP in vanilla Skyrim. Your sneak attacks do incredible damage, and enemies can't see/hear you for shit. That is one of the bittersweet aspects of SkyRe...it balances stealth, but I do miss just sneak killing every enemy in a dungeon without every being seen or damaged.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Honestly Stealth in general is OP in vanilla Skyrim. Your sneak attacks do incredible damage, and enemies can't see/hear you for shit. That is one of the bittersweet aspects of SkyRe...it balances stealth, but I do miss just sneak killing every enemy in a dungeon without every being seen or damaged.
    In Draugr dungeons I kill them all before they even awaken. Sneak headshots > insta death.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Most combat mods (Skyre, Deadly Combat, etc) change this, fwiw. They make investing in stamina much more important.
    Yes, but Stamina still regens incredibly fast, allowing you to wait 1sec between Power Attacks. There are penalties for being at zero stamina though, just not as harsh when compared to how Mages can not even cast except for a millisecond sputter of Flames. The difference between a 10 damage concentration cast that only lasts for 1sec vs. a 50% damage Power Attack with a Battle Axe is....significant.

- - - Updated - - -

In Draugr dungeons I kill them all before they even awaken. Sneak headshots > insta death.
    Bows are cheating for stealth kills! You gotta get up close. Nice and personal like. >: )

10+ Year Old Account
    Bows are cheating for stealth kills! You gotta get up close. Nice and personal like. >: )
    Oh I'm in their face. There's nothing like putting an arrow in something's face at point blank range. That being said, I looooove getting a headshot on a bandit camp from like...the top of a mountain overlooking it. Watching them scurry around like ants while I stand as a god of death above them is hilarious. I think....I need to install Skyrim soon.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMaster View Post
    Try console commands. First, click on him to get his ID number then type 'disable' then 'enable' him again to see if he resets. If that dosn't work, try moving the questline along with the quest IDs
    moving the quest along with the console doesn't work, it will not start the battle for whiterun. Haven't tried disabling and enabling him.

edit: disabling and enabling doesn't work either
    Last edited by Skayaq; 2014-06-26 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm in their face. There's nothing like putting an arrow in something's face at point blank range. That being said, I looooove getting a headshot on a bandit camp from like...the top of a mountain overlooking it. Watching them scurry around like ants while I stand as a god of death above them is hilarious. I think....I need to install Skyrim soon.
    This is now how I imagine you play Skyrim. ~_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbF9ynGZV0

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't view at work, but will try to remember when I get home. If I don't respond, it's because over the course of a long day I totally forgot this existed. Looking forward to whatever ridiculous thing is in that video.
    BAD WOLF

Yes, but Stamina still regens incredibly fast, allowing you to wait 1sec between Power Attacks. There are penalties for being at zero stamina though, just not as harsh when compared to how Mages can not even cast except for a millisecond sputter of Flames. The difference between a 10 damage concentration cast that only lasts for 1sec vs. a 50% damage Power Attack with a Battle Axe is....significant.
    Definitely true. But if you use Skyre/SPERG or any similar mod, magic damage actually scales more or less correctly and fireballs et all can clear whole rooms of scrubs with one or two casts. The main issue with Skyrim vanilla was just that spell damage didn't scale based on skill level or equipment. How they could possibly overlook this is beyond me.

Let's see, exploit crafting and make a weapon that does a thousand damage a hit...or cast a spell that does 30 damage. What a tough choice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't view at work, but will try to remember when I get home. If I don't respond, it's because over the course of a long day I totally forgot this existed. Looking forward to whatever ridiculous thing is in that video.
    >: )

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Definitely true. But if you use Skyre/SPERG or any similar mod, magic damage actually scales more or less correctly and fireballs et all can clear whole rooms of scrubs with one or two casts. The main issue with Skyrim vanilla was just that spell damage didn't scale based on skill level or equipment. How they could possibly overlook this is beyond me.

Let's see, exploit crafting and make a weapon that does a thousand damage a hit...or cast a spell that does 30 damage. What a tough choice!
    Even with SkyRe, which is what I use, playing a pure Mage is a handicap. Magic does scale, but it scales with Skill Points. With no skills in 1-Handed, I can slice someone up with a Dagger in seconds (GG Bleed), but with every point thrown in Destruction I will still need to burn through an entire mana bar of Flames (highest damaging "base" spell) and even then its questionable whether that will get them. It does a better job than Vanilla, but you're still WAY better off grabbing a Crossbow and taking enemies out in 1-2 shots.

Destro definitely isn't as powerful single-target, and relying exclusively on mana is a pretty significant crutch. Spellswords (what I usually play) are very good, though. Icestorm/fireball/wall of x are great to soften up groups before hopping into melee, plus the alternation and resto spells are really great (even more if you use Apocalypse). Granted I also use ASIS to increase spawns, so dealing with big packs is important.

Incidentally, is there any way to get the SKYRE spells without the actual mod? I wanted to do a playthrough with SPERG+Deadly Combat+Skytweaks, but I didn't want all the other changes. Unfortunately, the spells are really cool...

Just get Requiem, it's superior in about every way.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Nah, not a fan. It changes too many things that don't need changing and has serious compatibility issues. There are plenty of other ways to make the game more challenging in a modular fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Sky RE and set it to legendary XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Sky RE and set it to legendary XD
    And do Live Another Life where you wake up in the road naked with no gear. Then proceed to cry yourself to sleep the same night lol.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Darn, been playing Skyrim for a while and managed to get level 50 before completing main Quest, time to start Dragonborn DLC -content.

Mods... <3

And do Live Another Life where you wake up in the road naked with no gear. Then proceed to cry yourself to sleep the same night lol.
    Try waking up in Blackreach with a freaking Steam Centurion outside your door at level 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas what happened to my mouse during Skyrim?

I had played on and off Skyrim since it's release and sometime ago started a new game with bunch of mods, everything worked just fine. But yesterday my mouse problems started, my mouse just randomly stops responding in-game for a few seconds. It only seems to happen in Skyrim, on and off combat.

I'm using Razer Naga 2014, wired.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is now how I imagine you play Skyrim. ~_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbF9ynGZV0
    HAHAHAHA omg yes. That's totally what it is like.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    And I just finished installing and first round of mods including RealVisionENB. My eyes almost exploded out of the sheer joy that I was witnessing. Unfortunately I had to disable the ENB b/c it made turning stutter...not the normal stutter which looks like lag, but a super quick shutter that made my eyes hurt. Now the game looks washed out b/c of the color difference. It still lows incredible...far better than it did before...but I need to figure out how to make the outside look better. 2k textures + lighting + redone towns/interiors makes most of the inside and caves amazing, but I really want the landscape popping. I guess I'll hit the mod lists some more this weekend.
    BAD WOLF