Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There canon because Bethesda owns the rights to them and thus can put them in thoses places lore wise. A fan made mod no matter how good is not owned by Bethesda and thus can never be canon.

Also only the base game is canon? That’s just silly..
    I sometimes forget that that the DLCs weren't originally integrated in to the base game (that actually came later via the legendary and then the Special Editions).

For that I apologize.

Also, the armor being questioned is... ugly. I mean, yes it does look like something lore friendly, if we're playing Oblivion. That set does not look like it fits Skyrim aesthetics at all, I would just ignore it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...tion/mods/1061 Which is just a remodel of the Imperial armor, looks lore friendly enough.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...tion/mods/9865 For the Heavy Armor characters out there.

Your bring up stuff comptly unrelated to my original post and my comment is the worthless one? If you want to talk about the problems of some choices in the main story not being canon go find some one who’s talking about the main story, don’t bring it up when talking about how the dlcs are canon[ then get pissy when people arnt intrested In changing topics.
    Except my point is that it's the same thing to different degrees.

You have said is it's not the same thing and failed to explain how, or why that even matters.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Except my point is that it's the same thing to different degrees.

You have said is it's not the same thing and failed to explain how, or why that even matters.

There are no degrees, the events of oblivion are canon even if we don’t know exactly how they play out with all of the different choices. The events of the shimmering isle and the knights of the nine are also canon even if again we don’t know the canon choices.

The original post was that post lunch dlc wasn’t cannon as in it never happened in the world and thus wouldn’t carry over to Skyrim or future games, that’s not true there are no degrees to argue as it’s a flat yes or no to if thoses events happens and the answer is yes. You could argue some cc stuff could be canon to a degree but not the main dlcs as rampage notes in his above post as he forgot the main dlcs wernt base line.

There are no degrees, the events of oblivion are canon even if we don’t know exactly how they play out with all of the different choices. The events of the shimmering isle and the knights of the nine are also canon even if again we don’t know the canon choices.

The original post was that post lunch dlc wasn’t cannon as in it never happened in the world and thus wouldn’t carry over to Skyrim or future games, that’s not true there are no degrees to argue as it’s a flat yes or no to if thoses events happens and the answer is yes. You could argue some cc stuff could be canon to a degree but not the main dlcs as rampage notes in his above post as he forgot the main dlcs wernt base line.
    Prove it.

Because I can prove my point. The events of Knights of The Nine have not been mentioned since. Shivering Isles gets a single line of dialogue from a mad god that regularly talks about impossible things as its only mention since. The events of Tribunal are not mentioned in Oblivion or Skyrim, and despite the events of Dragonborn taking place in some of the same locales as Bloodmoon it makes no references to it.

The Elder Scrolls games go out of their way to be very vague on what actually happens in each game so as not to actually declare the vast majority of content as canon, and this goes especially for DLC given that the events in them rarely even get mentioned much less have any impact on anything.

Plus arguing canon with the Elder Scrolls is kind of silly. Try looking up the many inconsistencies involving Mannimarco some time.

Prove it.

Because I can prove my point. The events of Knights of The Nine have not been mentioned since. Shivering Isles gets a single line of dialogue from a mad god that regularly talks about impossible things as its only mention since. The events of Tribunal are not mentioned in Oblivion or Skyrim, and despite the events of Dragonborn taking place in some of the same locales as Bloodmoon it makes no references to it.

The Elder Scrolls games go out of their way to be very vague on what actually happens in each game so as not to actually declare the vast majority of content as canon, and this goes especially for DLC given that the events in them rarely even get mentioned much less have any impact on anything.

Plus arguing canon with the Elder Scrolls is kind of silly. Try looking up the many inconsistencies involving Mannimarco some time.
    there are four npcs that i know of off hand from bloodmoon in dragonborn, the three witches and karstaag's ghost(who is a ghost because you kill him in bloodmoon.)

not only does sheogorath make reference to the shivering isles dlc, he also talks about several other guild events.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there are four npcs that i know of off hand from bloodmoon in dragonborn, the three witches and karstaag's ghost(who is a ghost because you kill him in bloodmoon.)
    Yes, and? They make no mention of what happened in the past and the witches becoming hagravens is a very dubious. If there was some explanation as to how or why they became hagravens that'd be one thing, but since they are just there the only reference is in the names.
    not only does sheogorath make reference to the shivering isles dlc, he also talks about several other guild events.
    All things a daedric prince could just know rather than have been directly responsible for making happen. He only claims to have been there.

Who knew I would cause such a shitstorm in this thread just by trying to convince someone not to care about the lore friendly status of mods. I am so so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Who knew I would cause such a shitstorm in this thread just by trying to convince someone not to care about the lore friendly status of mods. I am so so sorry.
    hey, if it ain't for that, the thread's basically dead.

at least there's some life in it now.

Yeah, it only gets some life whenever the Skyrim regulars start playing the game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, after posting here I downloaded Skyrim again and a shit tonne of mods.

Forgot how bland the combat is, is there any cool mods these days that make it better so I'm not just swinging weapons all the time or shooting fire out my hand with a single click?

Anyone got experience with CBBE and UNP? I've gone with UNP for the time being, but my brief search for cool armours seem to all be for CBBE, so I may have to switch.

I am sure there are, but I can't remember the name of the combat overhaul mods at the moment.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36006

Currently playing through the main quest, and now I am at the point where I need to interact with Delphine, and I am like, "ugh, I wish I didn't have to work with this insufferable asshat to progress through the quest chain."
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2018-12-14 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure there are, but I can't remember the name of the combat overhaul mods at the moment.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36006

Currently playing through the main quest, and now I am at the point where I need to interact with Delphine, and I am like, "ugh, I wish I didn't have to work with this insufferable asshat to progress through the quest chain."
    Was hoping for a bit more, like abilities to use. Going to try Ultimate and Wildcat, they are meant to be compatible.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and? They make no mention of what happened in the past and the witches becoming hagravens is a very dubious. If there was some explanation as to how or why they became hagravens that'd be one thing, but since they are just there the only reference is in the names.

All things a daedric prince could just know rather than have been directly responsible for making happen. He only claims to have been there.
    Knights of the nine is also referenced by finding the book about the artifacts. If the dlcs were none canon stuff like this wouldn’t exist in the world, just because we don’t have the details doesn’t mean nothing else has happend in the world.

Knights of the nine is also referenced by finding the book about the artifacts.
    Which recounts the original legend of the Knights of The Nine, not the events of the DLC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Came across my first problem with mods last night.

Kept on crashing anytime I went near Orphan Rock. Was trying to do the nettle quest. I knew it would probably take ages to fix so I just tried to ignore it, I don't crash anywhere else (yet!). Me being me, just knowing that there was an issue, even though I don't need to go there (I would just console command the q), I just had to fix it.

Tried running some crash logs, didn't tell me shit. So started the long slow process of trying the game without some mods enabled. Also tried lots of googling, found out others had the same issue, but no fix. We all probably had different problems for the same area.

After a while found out it was Enhanced Lights and FX. The problem being that I had it set to load after SMIM and Better Clutter on the Vortex conflicting file option. Changed both to load before and it finally didn't crash.

No idea why these mods would make this one area crash, looking at the overwriting files nothing seemed relevant.

The side I support depends on which character I am playing as. Right now, my character went through the vanilla start and thus there's no logical reason to support the side that tried to kill me.
    You don't know anything about your character before the Vanilla intro. Maybe you deserved it and you want to atone? Maybe you understand that they were just doing their jobs? Maybe they're the lesser of two evils because if Ulfric wins then there'll be a proper Imperial invasion?

Stormcloaks are a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    You don't know anything about your character before the Vanilla intro. Maybe you deserved it and you want to atone? Maybe you understand that they were just doing their jobs? Maybe they're the lesser of two evils because if Ulfric wins then there'll be a proper Imperial invasion?

This is a role playing game, if my character was a female mage on her way to visit her (now dead) Sister, whom was living in Skyrim, but this character just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, then that's how my character is.

Also, I don't disagree with you that the Stormcloaks were a mistake, Ulfric's rebellion is all Thalmor could have dreamed would happen. Men fighting other men over whether or not a mortal ascended to become a deity. The Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion don't really care if the "lesser races" believe in Talos or not. They only get the Empire to agree to ban Talos worship because they knew it'd piss off the "lesser races" enough to kill over it. That, and it's their revenge for Tiber Septim kicking their ass several centuries (possibly thousands of years) prior to current events.

EDIT: Yup, they fixed the bug.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2018-12-18 at 06:19 PM.

Anyone know of a mod that improves the follower AI? Or something that stop my followers from STANDING IN FRONT OF ME IN A DOORWAY BLOCKING ME!? Cause I really am getting tired of using Unrelenting Forces to move them out of the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post

If you choose a non-nord race, I'm pretty sure the person doing the roll call states that he feels bad since it appears you were mistakenly brought here for execution.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know of a mod that improves the follower AI? Or something that stop my followers from STANDING IN FRONT OF ME IN A DOORWAY BLOCKING ME!? Cause I really am getting tired of using Unrelenting Forces to move them out of the way.
    Amazing Follower Tweaks SE
    Follower Trap Safety
    Followers can Relax

Just search 'follower' on the Nexus and have your pick.
    BAD WOLF