Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    lol did this my self
    Last edited by Ton00; 2011-11-12 at 10:45 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    caster mobs seem so overpowered on this :\

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't mean to make this sound like a troll post.

But I am I the only one extremely underwhelmed by this game? Granted, I play on the 360, but the graphics are kind of poor to me. I'm not joking. I think I've seen better graphics on the PS2. Maybe not graphics as lush, but did they only have 3 or 4 shades of brown to work with? the color pallet is lacking. Frankly, Red Dead Redemption had better graphics, and that was always it's one mark against it.

And the game moves so slooooooooooow. I feel like I spend more time stopping the game, opening up inventories, equipping stuff, or listening to some NPC ramble on and on than actually playing something.

The 3rd person mode is horrible, and I really don't care for 1st person in a game like this.

I feel like a midget. Other than children, virtually every person I stand next to is taller than me. You're supposed to be some hero. Why do I feel like I'm 5'5'' all the time? Even the women are taller than my "viking."

Maybe going melee warriorish is the problem, but the combat seems dull. slash, slash, bash, slash. Yaawn.

I'm depressed. I really was looking forward to this game. I really wanted to play a medieval/fantasy type game. But this... is not what I had hoped for. Maybe I would have had better expectations if I had played previous Elder Scrolls games.

Help me out here. I really want to enjoy this game. What am I doing wrong? Or is this really all the game is?

I have a slightly less PC than you and I run it with everything maxed and even the shadows on trees/rocks turned on and I sit at 50 - 60 fps. Did you turn vsync off in the ini file?
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post

But I am I the only one extremely underwhelmed by this game? Granted, I play on the 360, but the graphics are kind of poor to me. I'm not joking. I think I've seen better graphics on the PS2. Maybe not graphics as lush, but did they only have 3 or 4 shades of brown to work with? the color pallet is lacking. Frankly, Red Dead Redemption had better graphics, and that was always it's one mark against it.

And the game moves so slooooooooooow. I feel like I spend more time stopping the game, opening up inventories, equipping stuff, or listening to some NPC ramble on and on than actually playing something.

The 3rd person mode is horrible, and I really don't care for 1st person in a game like this.

I feel like a midget. Other than children, virtually every person I stand next to is taller than me. You're supposed to be some hero. Why do I feel like I'm 5'5'' all the time? Even the women are taller than my "viking."

Maybe going melee warriorish is the problem, but the combat seems dull. slash, slash, bash, slash. Yaawn.

I'm depressed. I really was looking forward to this game. I really wanted to play a medieval/fantasy type game. But this... is not what I had hoped for. Maybe I would have had better expectations if I had played previous Elder Scrolls games.

Help me out here. I really want to enjoy this game. What am I doing wrong? Or is this really all the game is?
    Yeah, the game is probably not something for you. It's to be expected that 1 out of a million will not like something. (Not saying you're the only one out of a million, it's an expression, before I get misinterpreted here.)
    I find myself wondering whether or not I should buy it myself. Although trying it might convince me to go 1 way or the other, I really don't sit with a "I must have this game"-feeling, which is making me hold off buying it yet.

You're not the only one not liking the game though, so you're not weird or something, people just have different tastes, some people love oranges, other people loathe them. It's just how it is

Game is good, but I can't use anything but Low graphics for some reason. Medium to ultra just freezes at loading screen for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there anything I have to watch out for to avoid overwriting my boyfriend's save in Skyrim?

I am not familiar with this game at all, and my boyfriend was in a real hurry when I finally remembered to ask him if I could borrow his comp for Skyrim today while he is away. The only message I got while he was walking to the car was; "Fine. Just be carefull so you don't overwrite my save".

Now I turned paranoid and feel certain I feel mess it up for him, based on a few comments in here regarding messed up saves(Autosave, Quicksave and some other save?)+ not being familiar with this game and it's setups at all. It can't really be that complex, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post

The game isn't for everyone, plain and simple.

Though I do have a few things to say. First off, for the size of your character, did you mess with the size slider during character creation? I'm playing a male Orc with maxed size, and I look massive. I'm a head taller than most people and twice as broad. Keep in mind, some races are also taller than others.

For managing your inventory, make sure you set favorites using the Y button. That way you can open up a small list of stuff you frequently change out by pressing up on the D pad. Also, what's horrible about the third person mode? Do you just not like the way it looks, or are you having issues with it in combat? So far I've actually enjoyed my hack and slash combat quite a bit with third person mode.

And if you don't want to talk to people, don't. Pick a direction, leave town, and set out to find your own adventure. Half the fun of a game like this is exploring and just doing your own thing. Today I was doing a quest, and on my way I got sidetracked for a half hour by a dragon. The damn thing snuck up on me! So I pelted it with arrows, it got wounded, flew over a mountain, and hid from me. Spent a while scaling the mountain, tracking it down, and murdering it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    So just curious, how far are you guys lvl wise? Im lvl 5 and i feel like ive been playing my heart out. just not leveling fast haha
    about halfway through lvl 22. Though I unlocked my game at 5am on Nov 10th using an australian VPN. I've put it around 30-35 hours, and I just finished most of the quests in Whiterun, along with exploring some. The game is stupidly addicting. I've only had it crash on me once, but I got into the habit of hitting F5 pretty often. Haven't found any game breaking glitches either. The game isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Is there anything I have to watch out for to avoid overwriting my boyfriend's save in Skyrim?

I am not familiar with this game at all, and my boyfriend was in a real hurry when I finally remembered to ask him if I could borrow his comp for Skyrim today while he is away. The only message I got while he was walking to the car was; "Fine. Just be carefull so you don't overwrite my save".

Now I turned paranoid and feel certain I feel mess it up for him, based on a few comments in here regarding messed up saves(Autosave, Quicksave and some other save?)+ not being familiar with this game and it's setups at all. It can't really be that complex, can it?
    I don't play the game yet and don't know how they work saves in it, but just to make sure, load his last autosave and save it as a proper save (don't overwrite anything, just give it a new name) then load his last quicksave and also save it as a proper save. Just to make sure. You can call them with his name so you both know which is whose.

And of course, when you save yours, if you can edit the name of saves do so and put your name there so he knows they're yours.

Deleted
    I was going to grind upto P6 on Rift this weekend but.... Well played Bethesda. Well played.....

I am finding the game to be all manner of awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    I was going to grind upto P6 on Rift this weekend but.... Well played Bethesda. Well played.....

I am finding the game to be all manner of awesome.
    I've got my copy too but I also got a SWTOR beta invite for the weekend so my Skyrim is....waiting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I've got my copy too but I also got a SWTOR beta invite for the weekend so my Skyrim is....waiting.
    I would have to go with Skyrim

Deleted
    My thoughts after a day or so of Skyrim (level 14, 13 hours played).

The world is damn beatiful, I'm running at Medium settings with 2x AA, and even my crapsack PC can run it at a decent FPS. If only my gfx drivers would stop crashing, I'd have no complains there. Though some of the textures do appear rather low resolution when viewed up close, but that might be a graphics bug of sort.

The main UI is pretty smooth, it's hard to find a fault with it. The only thing I'd like to see, and there's probably going to be a mod for it, is some way of sorting between more than one floating pointer, when you're tracking multiple quests.

The rest of the UI however, is... nrrrghhh.. consoleitis at its absolutely worst. Having to step through a bunch of irrelevant skill trees (I'm not likely to be using any of the magic trees, apart from Restoration) one at a time, to get to the tree I want, is downright poor design. As are the kinks and bugs associated with reading a book or note in your inventory. 9 times out of 10, it will freeze on that selection, meaning you can't choose another item in that list, and you have to go to a different list to unfreeze it.

And how the heck did they managed to overlook a large square of river completely missing its surface texture?

One thing I really, really liked was the horse carriage transport thing. A quick and easy way, once you've earned a bit of gold, of discovering the major holds for future travels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NobodyThere View Post
    I've killed fuckin chicken in riverwood and now I'm fucked. :|
    haha i did the exact same thing when i first got to riverwood..

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 01:22 PM ----------

i killed a guy out side white run at the start of the game, and his naked body is still there in the middle of the path... and the first dragon i killed, his corpse mysteriously ended up at whiterun outside stables :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NobodyThere View Post
    Do you know how to fix it? I already did golden claw quest and dont want to do it again :|

i just got killed by the guards, this was before i did golden claw though :\

I just have a few questions. I have played for about 17 hours now. Im level 19. I have not followed the mainquests alot. Just done everything else. What I wonder is. Can you actually be in several "clans"? I think I am in two right now, Mage College and Companions. Or doesnt neither count as a clan from those two? Also, what does the dual magic thing mean? I specced for it in Destruction. But cant seem to "dualcast". Anyone? (Not very familiar with Elder Scrolls). Love the game so far though. Never played a Single Player over 3 hours without getting bored. But this game is epic.

Edit: Also is there a fast way to make gold? I'm always short on it.. Or well around 1k maybe. I dont know why I have so little money. I had like 6k in the start :P. Didnt even buy a house. Allthough I've had to buy 4 horses cause I always accidently kill them xD.
    Last edited by Nicolicious; 2011-11-12 at 02:08 PM.

Anyone feel like they're always poor as dirt? There's lots of things in the shops that I'd like to buy, but it takes so long to farm enough gold to buy. And then when you finally get the gold, the item disappears from the shop lol!

Right now I'm clearing up side quests that I run into, then I might head over to the college of winterhold and join up. I really wish horses rode a bit faster.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Anyone feel like they're always poor as dirt? There's lots of things in the shops that I'd like to buy, but it takes so long to farm enough gold to buy. And then when you finally get the gold, the item disappears from the shop lol!

Right now I'm clearing up side quests that I run into, then I might head over to the college of winterhold and join up. I really wish horses rode a bit faster.

i cant seem to get above 3000 every time i do theres something nice to buy or my horse dies so i have to buy a new one or something stupid happens. still havent bought a house yet.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 02:52 PM ----------

its so awesome when a dragon attacks a city!

i was just at white run, when a dragon started burning us all, was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    It seems like this is quite heavy game on PC (max graphic settings).

I mean if I run this on my PC (i7 2600, 8GB, Radeon HD 6970 2 GB) on 1920x1080 resolution, I get FPS somewhere between 15 and 30. I don't know the accurate FPS, but I'm thinking its somewhere at 20 FPS. That's quite low. The only other game which has this low FPS is The Witcher 2.
    Something isn't quite right here. I have a Phenom II and a 460 and I am running the game on high at 1920x1200 and 4x AA with 45-60FPS consistently. I haven't tried ultra. Maybe it will get better with for you when AMD releases new drivers.