Deleted
    about the dark brotherhood, is there (like in oblivion) a bonus for killing enemies in a certain way? for example, oblivion had a quest where you needed to sneak in a hole in the wall to drop a mounted animal head on your target (you could kill him normally, but you would not gain bonus cash). are the dark brotherhood quests similar?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    about the dark brotherhood, is there (like in oblivion) a bonus for killing enemies in a certain way? for example, oblivion had a quest where you needed to sneak in a hole in the wall to drop a mounted animal head on your target (you could kill him normally, but you would not gain bonus cash). are the dark brotherhood quests similar?
    Yes, it can be how you kill them, when/where you kill them and even if you properly hide the body depending on the quest. In skyrim it lists it as an (Optional) part of the quest

Yes, there are four or five quests like that.

Still looking for any help clarifying my questions in posts 2601 and 2602 (both at the top of page 131).
    Many thanks for anyone able to clarify / help.

Quote Originally Posted by jimavet View Post
    Still looking for any help clarifying my questions in posts 2601 and 2602 (both at the top of page 131).
    You continue to gain points even after level 50. That is the only question I could safely answer for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    So I'm thinking about doing another save, going Khajiit as a thief focusing on archery, how viable is that? My current save I'm an orc warrior in full dragonscale gear and I sometimes get my ass handed to me in dungeons so I'd imagine in light armor it's not going to be so fun
    I play a khajit archer in full heavy armor - level 37 atm on master and no real issues with any quests - don't use stealth at all though

Quote Originally Posted by jimavet View Post
    I might not've fully understood the question but you do still gain Levels and Perks after 50. Id assume you can go all the way to 100 it would just be a total pain in the ass. I am currently level 54, mostly from power leveling and the levels past 50 definitely take quite a few skill ups to gain a full level. I cant see there being a cap of 50 perks as I have continued to get them past 50.

As for the skill points causing 10 skills per 1 level I dont see that as true. The higher level skill you just got the more of a portion it will level your character. So for example

You just took you Sneak skill from 95 to 96. That will be a decent chunk of your leveling bar
    Whereas if you took you Block from 10 to 11. That would be a very small portion

Early on you can more or less level exclusively from a trainer if you have the gold. Once your level starts to get higher this will not be the case and even buying all 5 skill ups wont get you nearly enough.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2011-11-20 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Id assume you can go all the way to 100 it would just be a total pain in the ass.
    Now I know "I heard it on the internet, so it must be true" is dangerous, but I read somewhere that taking every skill to 100 gets you something like 83ish.

the last is one just....wtf?

I am having an awful graphics issue suddenly; Whenever i have a loading screen the graphic (A mace, an axe, a person, an alchemy table, whatever) stays on my screen wherever it was on the loading screen, no matter what I do in the world. Driving me absolutely nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    I am trying to do the bedlam quests for the thieves guild where you have to steal 500 gold worth of stuff from a city. How do I do this? I know I have stolen waay over that but nothing happens. I even go sell the stuff to Tonilla but nothing happens.
    Anyone help me out on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Meh, checked out the dark brotherhood. Nah, too evil for my taste. The kid's quest was interesting but, sadly, the dark brotherhood's goals are not about extreme, yet righteous vengeance but about...murder, lol, even if the targets are innocents. And that comes against my heroic style.
    I suggest checking Dark Brotherhood out if you ever create another character then, the questline is quite epic. :3
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw bad 60+ pages ago that Skyrim can be played in an offline mode??

I really don't want to go searching for it though. . . anyone know how it's done??

Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post

I really don't want to go searching for it though. . . anyone know how it's done??
    You can use the search function on the top right of the thread (above the pages).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e#post14037992

^does that link work for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    You can use the search function on the top right of the thread (above the pages).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e#post14037992

^does that link work for you?
    yup, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post

How it's done is -

Open your library
    Click Steam in the upper left hand corner
    Click 'go offline'
    Once steam restarts, launch Skyrim.

I know this works because my wife has been playing Skyrim from my offline steam account on her computer since the game came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    Anyone help me out on this one?
    I have no idea why it's not working for you. I have done that quest a few times and it works every time. Make sure you're sneaking and the items are red and listed as stolen. That is all it takes to complete it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so you know there is no "level cap" in Skyrim, but I think when you get every skill to 100 you wind up at like level 81. But, I have heard that you can read books or something in order to get skill ups past 100 that will progress you through the level, but won't improve you spells or weapons or anything like that. It seems like a glitch though if it is even true. I also don't know if you would continue to get perks or not.

So yesterday I ran into Krosis and people were saying hes really hard has a melee, has a sword n board i had no problems, sprint attack anytime he runs and just have life drain on your weapon. Im playing on expert

so i whent with mage and have put all my effort into skilling destro. am i totally screwed now? i've finished the main quests etc and im level 23. i feel after watching vids on youtube and such that weapons do loads more damage.

I find It extremely annoying that there's not an option to reset your skills. I hate It when games forbid you to play whatever you want.
    You can't do It on a Xbox or PS3, but you can on PC because of the console command.