reminds me of the epic shovel weapon in Assassins Creed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDc_rXugnQc

10+ Year Old Account
    All the other greybeards say "tofurkey", you're welcome, you will now laugh every time you talk to one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Reminds me of the Fork of Horripilation from Morrowind. You must kill this giant netch with a fork! Madness is indeed a bitter mercy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so I made a thread a little bit ago to ask specifically about a couple bugs I've encountered, but EdgecrusherO0 closed it and said to bring it here. Hopefully someone will read through my problem and possibly help. So here's copy/pasted what I posted originally.

So I've been looking around online but haven't had much luck figuring this out so I figure this would be a good place to stop by and check. I've been playing Skyrim on 360 and have recently happened upon a couple bugs/glitches that are making things semi difficult. To begin with, I'm level 36. I've completed the main story, the College of Winterhold, Thieve's Guild up to the return of the Skeleton Key (keeping the key until I reach max lockpicking), and I've done the Dark Brotherhood up to the refurnishing the new Sanctuary and I'm on the second contract from the Night Mother.

Now these bugs seem to have arisen through the Dark Brotherhood quests that required me to go to various cities and assassinate certain people tied to the Emperor. The first one that I noticed is in Markarth. I'm wanted for murder there, and every time I go into town I'm confronted by a guard. I try bribing him to forget about my bounty, I try persuading him I was framed, and I even try submitting and serving a jail sentence. But every time I do anything, the conversation resets to the beginning and I can't get the bounty taken care of.

The second one is in Solitude. I had a bounty there, but I paid it off so the guards leave me alone. I've been doing the quest to get into the Bard's College but when I go to listen to the guy give his speech to the Jarl, there's another Jarl and two companions of his in the basement of the building that come up and begin attacking me for no reason. I try sheathing my weapons/magic, but they continue to attack. I've even tried killing them but they drop down to the ground like what happens when you beat someone in a brawl and eventually get back up and keep at it.

I'm not sure what's going on in these two cities, but it's beginning to hinder my game a fair bit. I've also yet to see a 360 update for Skyrim, so while it's likely one is on the way, I'm hoping there's someone else that has had this happen and knows how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any constructive input!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

@addamus
    The markath glitch is quite well documented. It's really annoying to fix; basically the "correct path" is never to resist arrest. Anyway if you have killed a few guards in markath no worries. Whenever you need to go there just kill them off.
    If you want to reset bounties there finish the stormcloak faction quest chain.

The Esbern bug in the main quest for the PC is pretty ridiculous too. Main quest bugged for all PC users. GOOD JOB QA !!!!
    [wait i don't even think bethesda has a QA]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    @addamus
    The markath glitch is quite well documented. It's really annoying to fix; basically the "correct path" is never to resist arrest. Anyway if you have killed a few guards in markath no worries. Whenever you need to go there just kill them off.
    If you want to reset bounties there finish the stormcloak faction quest chain.

The Esbern bug in the main quest for the PC is pretty ridiculous too. Main quest bugged for all PC users. GOOD JOB QA !!!!
    So if you never resist arrest, the bug never occurs? I've yet to do that chain because I don't like using console commands and have heard about it screwing up the city.

As for the Esbern quest, it's quite easy to fix. Just google it. You have to get Oblivion unpacker and just unpack some sound files. That fixed it perfectly for me without any hassle and having to go through the door using console commands.

so you can't marry again after your wife dies?

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    So if you never resist arrest, the bug never occurs? I've yet to do that chain because I don't like using console commands and have heard about it screwing up the city.
    yep.
    Yeah I hate using console commands; cheating/exploiting (for me at least) completely ruin games.

As for the Esbern quest, it's quite easy to fix. Just google it. You have to get Oblivion unpacker and just unpack some sound files. That fixed it perfectly for me without any hassle and having to go through the door using console commands.
    yeah i know the fix is on the uesp wiki.
    It's just sad though that a game breaking MAIN QUEST bug that severe got past QA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    so you can't marry again after your wife dies?
    Newp. So try not to kill your wife. :P

What would Skyrim Hardmode look like? (like Fallout new vegas)

-Actually have to cook food and drink something to stay alive, an aspect of the game many people ignore.
    -Arrows and Lock picks have weight
    -All weapon swings cost stamina and you can't swing after you run out of it.
    - Longer cast time on magic spells?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post

-Actually have to cook food and drink something to stay alive, an aspect of the game many people ignore.
    The food and the arrows would be fine, but I'd probably never play hardcore if it took forever to cast, or I couldn't swing my sword half the time.

Nah you missed what maked the game easy.
    I'll take a shot :

1) AI that actually does stuff like run away, hide and heal; or run for cover. AI that has dragons harder than guards. AI where mages and melee type enemies act in cooperation; heal each other.

2) Combat where enemies scale off your offensive capability and don't die in a couple of hits.

3) Combat that involves more skill than pressing left/right mouse button in any order near enemies and requiring actual strategy.

4) Not being able to rest anywhere.

5) Limited potion use - 1 or 2 per fight

6) Making gold and soul gems actually a thing and not making them a joke to get.

7) Balancing perks like smithing, enchanting and alchemy (they are ridiculously op)

8) removing op modifiers like 15x for stealth daggers

9) Making stealth AI actually intelligent.

Right now the only "hardmode" in skyrim is navigating the abominable AI; o and the bugs.

Didn't have the bug. Heard a lot about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Didn't have the bug. Heard a lot about it though.
    You probably updated it on steam then.

Deleted

Food is very available either way:P So you wouldn't have to cook. Cooking is still nice though at the beginning because of those 10 health/15 stamina foods. You can make tons of them cheap and easy.

Also arrows and lockpicks having weight wouldn't matter much. In New Vegas, almost every weapon used ammo. In Skyrim, 200 arrows can last you forever:P

Oh and longer cast times? Magic is already way too weak compared to the other stuff so not likely.

But yea, I miss the HM too, especially having to sleep and eat. It was really great in NW. It would also balance out the waiting exploit a bit as you'd starve to death if you waited 24 hours before shops:P

You probably updated it on steam then.
    haven't played it since before the update that fixed it and broke armor or w/e
    got too tired of the ctds

Lore wise would a wood elf side with the imperials or the stormcloaks? also why do wood elves hate the thalmor?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    Lore wise would a wood elf side with the imperials or the stormcloaks? also why do wood elves hate the thalmor?
    The Thalmor invaded Valenwood (the Wood Elf homeland) about a hundred and seventy years ago, and took the land as their own. Valenwood is now officially part of the Aldmeri Dominion.

Due to the Stormcloaks' general distaste of elves, the average Wood Elf would have more of a reason to join the Legion. You are not necessarily the average wood elf, though.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    The Thalmor invaded Valenwood (the Wood Elf homeland) about a hundred and seventy years ago, and took the land as their own. Valenwood is now officially part of the Aldmeri Dominion.

Due to the Stormcloaks' general distaste of elves, the average Wood Elf would have more of a reason to join the Legion. You are not necessarily the average wood elf, though.
    but why would the average wood elf side with the Legion since they are in league with the Thalmor?