10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.

[Skyrim] your fun in the game.

The title is a little vague so I will clear this up:

How do you spend your time in Skyrim and what you consider fun in the game?
    I love sneaking and wreaking havoc inside villages and using knockback shout to kill people by shouting them down a cliff/wall/bridge.
    The best place to do this is in Marakhat or College.
    Share your playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    The title is a little vague so I will clear this up:

How do you spend your time in Skyrim and what you consider fun in the game?
    I love sneaking and wreaking havoc inside villages and using knockback shout to kill people by shouting them down a cliff/wall/bridge.
    The best place to do this is in Marakhat or College.
    Share your playstyle.
    I'm doing something insane at the moment. I'm playing a character who has never killed before and never will. He's a thief, stealing left and right. I've worked him up the slow, hard, painstaking way of picking pockets, getting caught in the start almost all the time and serving time. I swear he's been in and out of prison so many times he gets a 'ten clip card' occasionally. Although he's gotten better, now. He's always unarmed and when adventuring to pick flowers (He's also alchemist) i've become very talented at kiting mobs into patrols and loot whatever dies.

No fast travel either (I've avoided that on all but one character!) although I do use horse carriages occasionally. I find that fun =D

I'm streaming some skyrim if anyone is interested. I'm going to be joining the Dark Brotherhood today.

twitch.tv/dimqtpie

Deleted
    Hmm, playing Dead is dead on master. I've probably started over like 15 times now and never finished the game so far:P Anyway, I'm finally level 40 now and not likely to die to random stuff so started clearing the instances. Basically I'm a selfish thief who prefers words and sneaking to killing and kills only bad people in self defense.

Haven't figured out yet what to do with the Dark Brotherhood:P I'm considering destroying them as my character really isn't an assassin type but then again I really like Cicero and that vampire oh and how to become vampire. Cause letting them attack me doesn't make any sense (and I might die, thus having to start over) and even if I did get the disease, there is like .. forever to get the cure and it's to easy to get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Completed the game a while ago. Started a new playthrough where I play like this guy (minus the profanities but I do yell a bit )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uhBiNx749Zw

Oh yeah, Skyrim. I heard they are at like the third update now. So I deem it worthy.

My WOW sub will run out in a few days then I take a deep plunge into Elder Scroll. Can't wait lol.

Looks like this thread alone has more posts in it than the minecraft forum and almost the Diablo 3 forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you distribute your perks? Personally I would love to have a wee bit more perks to spend on things. I play a shadow ranger (sneak archer with DW specialty) but after points in sneak, archery and light armor, I don't have enough points for stuffs like smithing (still deciding whether I want to wear the dragonscale or stick to nightingale), alchemy, enchanting, and speech.

I don't see myself leveling all skills to 100 to get to level 80, so maybe level 60 or so is my cap.

I used to want to play Skyrim, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    How do you distribute your perks? Personally I would love to have a wee bit more perks to spend on things. I play a shadow ranger (sneak archer with DW specialty) but after points in sneak, archery and light armor, I don't have enough points for stuffs like smithing (still deciding whether I want to wear the dragonscale or stick to nightingale), alchemy, enchanting, and speech.

I don't see myself leveling all skills to 100 to get to level 80, so maybe level 60 or so is my cap.
    Nightingale is all well and good but you can't (double) enchant it:P

Anyway, you can get pretty much all perks you ever need if you're smart about it. By this I mean not taking perks that are useless (lockpicking, at least most of it, improved armor other than for advancing further in the tree, mana cost reduction etc.) since you can have them with enchants anyway or they are capped and the cap is fairy easy to reach.

also whats better Krosis (dragon priest mask) or Ancient Shrouded Cowl or Nightingale Hood
    Last edited by Palapwn; 2012-01-02 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Nightingale is all well and good but you can't (double) enchant it:P

Anyway, you can get pretty much all perks you ever need if you're smart about it. By this I mean not taking perks that are useless (lockpicking, at least most of it, improved armor other than for advancing further in the tree, mana cost reduction etc.) since you can have them with enchants anyway or they are capped and the cap is fairy easy to reach.
    Butbut, DARTH REVAN! D:

I can't tell which are useless perks. I thought improved armor would be nice? I don't plan to 100% sneak, it gets boring. I like to occasionally be able to hold my own in open combat. Or is that the price I pay for not ultra specializing?

Too bad dragonscale doesn't look as nice as nightingale or daedric.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Butbut, DARTH REVAN! D:

I can't tell which are useless perks. I thought improved armor would be nice? I don't plan to 100% sneak, it gets boring. I like to occasionally be able to hold my own in open combat. Or is that the price I pay for not ultra specializing?

Too bad dragonscale doesn't look as nice as nightingale or daedric.
    Well, it's not.. armor cap is somewhere around 560 and you can get that rather easily without the perks too, even with light armor if you improve the armor with smithing. Anyway, useless perks are generally those that you can get with enchanting like all mana cost reductions, magic resistance (they are too easy to cap as well), armor improvements and lockpicking (cause you can open master locks even if you have 15 lockpicking:P and lockpicks are cheap and very abundant). There are some others too like weapon damage but since it isn't capped, it might still be a good idea to get it.

There's also quality of life perks though. Extra armor for warriors, magicka regen for mages, extra damage etc. Those are all very useful at lower levels, and only become functionally useless when you're starting to max out your character with an ultimate double enchanted and heavily upgraded gearset. You are right though that most of them are "technically" useless.

Deleted
    Just bought Skyrim on Steam. The download takes so long...... better be worth it.

If you want to min/max:

---Sneak is useless, because at max level you can one-shot everything with a sword swing. High smithing at low levels (As in, level 20-25) is pretty OP too, since you can upgrade your weapon to be like 3x stronger than it otherwise was.
    ---The "Cast stuff for half magicka" perks are all useless, because 100 enchanting provides no magicka costing spells.
    ---Speech is useless, because you can just wait 48 hours and keep selling things. Thieves guild also lets you sell whatever you want.
    ---You only need one perk in Light Armor and the +25% armor-if-wearing-a-matching-gearset perk to cap Armor rating with a basic smithing potion/gearset. Can do it with absolutely nothing in Light Armor if you do the enchanting potion/alchemy gear "exploit".

With that said, what you would have to do:

5/5 in either bow/two handed/one-handed. Maybe go a little further into the tree for what it offers.
    Max enchanting/smithing(Heavy armor path for daedric weaponry)/alchemy
    2/2 points into destruction damage perks

AND THAT'S IT. A character that has the best possible everything with a ton of perks left over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    If you want to min/max:
    AND THAT'S IT. A character that has the best possible everything with a ton of perks left over.
    I agree with what you said but why destruction magic ? Seems like an odd choice with a melee build; wouldn't restoration be more useful ?

I agree with what you said but why destruction magic ? Seems like an odd choice with a melee build; wouldn't restoration be more useful ?
    It would be useless with a melee build, it's just there is no other way to raise magic damage output other than perks. I was mainly trying to discuss what the "ultimate" character would look like. 2/2 in fire damage with 100 enchanting is the same as someone who spent their entire gaming "career" just using magic.

I cracked the 100 hours played mark last night. Damn this game sucking my life away! I don't even know how it happens either I log in just for an hour, start doing some quests then all of a sudden it's four hours later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    If you want to min/max:

---Sneak is useless, because at max level you can one-shot everything with a sword swing. High smithing at low levels (As in, level 20-25) is pretty OP too, since you can upgrade your weapon to be like 3x stronger than it otherwise was.
    ---The "Cast stuff for half magicka" perks are all useless, because 100 enchanting provides no magicka costing spells.
    ---Speech is useless, because you can just wait 48 hours and keep selling things. Thieves guild also lets you sell whatever you want.
    ---You only need one perk in Light Armor and the +25% armor-if-wearing-a-matching-gearset perk to cap Armor rating with a basic smithing potion/gearset. Can do it with absolutely nothing in Light Armor if you do the enchanting potion/alchemy gear "exploit".

With that said, what you would have to do:

5/5 in either bow/two handed/one-handed. Maybe go a little further into the tree for what it offers.
    Max enchanting/smithing(Heavy armor path for daedric weaponry)/alchemy

Min maxing is one thing but since Skyrim is not about killing stuff, sneak is not useless. Sneak perks still provide a lot of unique stuff that you can't get from gear so it's actually the most useful skill there is. What I meant by getting everything is that you can technically get almost ALL the utility perks that provide certain playstyle and compliment them with enchanted gear to potentially play almost all roles on one character without losing almost any playstyle or gimping yourself.

You still have to make some decisions but if you skip all the talent's that only provide some bonus like bonus armor, damage, reduced mana cost etc. basically things you can just enchant or that are easy to cap you could potentially get a character that can do everything like in Oblivion.

For example like this

http://www.ign.com/builds/the-elder-...00011110110111

You still can't get everything but pretty close and since I don't use conjuration anyway and prefer 1h to 2h, I decided to skip those trees.
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-01-03 at 12:54 AM.