Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    You should be able to port to body and resurrect it via the console if it hasn't yet despawned. (I think even then there may be a way to get to it, but I'm not sure)
    a guy came and deliverd me a letter with his will xD got 90 gold but dono how he died.. rly annoying

- - - Updated - - -

You should be able to port to body and resurrect it via the console if it hasn't yet despawned. (I think even then there may be a way to get to it, but I'm not sure)
    a guy came and deliverd me a letter with his will xD got 90 gold but dono how he died.. rly annoying

"Edit" this expert chest made me go crazy almost.. so i cheated and summoned http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/S...y_%28Skyrim%29
    But it's not the actual item that makes it unbreakable.. since it could break aswell.. i guess it's some spell or aura it get's when you get it from the thives :/

"Edit 2"
    Must have totally missed it when i started.. diden't pick up the warrior stone until i was alrdy 77 in onehanded xD
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2014-03-16 at 02:39 AM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    "Edit" this expert chest made me go crazy almost.. so i cheated and summoned http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/S...y_%28Skyrim%29
    But it's not the actual item that makes it unbreakable.. since it could break aswell.. i guess it's some spell or aura it get's when you get it from the thives :/
    well I hesitate to tell you (because it might ruin the game for you if you abuse it, then again it may not) but here goes: open console, target chest or door, type unlock...voila! I only use this to get around bugs but to each their own...
    "Brevity is...wit"

well I hesitate to tell you (because it might ruin the game for you if you abuse it, then again it may not) but here goes: open console, target chest or door, type unlock...voila! I only use this to get around bugs but to each their own...
    y mate i know that xD there is commands for everything :>
    i go around with about 999999300 daedric arrows atm and 9642 lockpicks so y i don't play the game in any "legit" way xD i try not too summon health potions tho xD since that would break the game completly :>

y mate i know that xD there is commands for everything :>
    i go around with about 999999300 daedric arrows atm and 9642 lockpicks so y i don't play the game in any "legit" way xD i try not too summon health potions tho xD since that would break the game completly :>
    Should've downloaded a lockpicking mod.

I find Skyrim's system of breaking lockpicks at random one of the most annoying things about the game. After tolerating it for my first playthrough I began using KenMOD - Lockpick Pro which simply shows you the correct pick position. On the other hand I still do all my lockpicking in Fallout 3 and New Vegas legitimately because they don't break picks totally at random.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I find Skyrim's system of breaking lockpicks at random one of the most annoying things about the game.
    At random? If you are putting pressure in the wrong place for too long, the pick breaks. That's not very random.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    At random? If you are putting pressure in the wrong place for too long, the pick breaks. That's not very random.
    They break instantly in Skyrim as often as not, what you're describing is how it works in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
    Last edited by Once; 2014-03-17 at 08:47 AM.

They break instantly in Skyrim, what you're describing is how it works in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
    they break instantly on harder locks not on the earlier is what i have noticed

I find the mod Run For Your Lives helps with that. I prefer to keep vendors alive even if this is entertaining to see:
    I want a mod where wussy merchants will tear open their shirts and shout challenging obscenities at dragons now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This.

If you do it carefully there is no way to break more than 2 lockpicks on a master chest ...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They break instantly in Skyrim as often as not, what you're describing is how it works in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
    I have no problems with this happening. The lower your skill and the harder the chest, the less wrong pressure it takes to break your pick. The more skill you have, the more mistakes you can make. It's not random at all. It's pretty straightforward.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you're trying to do the hardest locks with little to no skill in lockpicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    He died to either a Vampire Attack at night or a Dragon attack in the city. Its pretty common to miss Vampire attacks if you do a lot of Fast Traveling, but they act out their scenarios and since townsfolk all suffer from Roid-Rage, they will attack Dragons and Vampires with their bare hands.

- - - Updated - - -

As others have said, its not nearly as bad as you say. Now, at 15 skill in Lockpicking/Fingersmithing and trying to open a Master Chest...yeah your pick will break just by looking at it. But I've got 1 point in Fingersmithing (SkyRe mod running) and about 30 points in the skill and can open Master Chests within about 5-10 Lockpicks. To me this seems fair. In Vanilla I could open pretty much anything within 1-3 picks.

If it REALLY bugs you, play the Thief's guild quest and don't turn in the final quest item. It will make lockpicking a breeze. =)

10+ Year Old Account

Skyrim modding questions

Hello,

first of all, my system specs

Operating System:Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
    CPU Type:AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965
    ProcessorCPU Speed:3.42 GHz
    System Memory:4.29 GB
    Video Card Model:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    Video Card Memory:3.97 GB
    Video Card Driver:nvd3dum.dll
    Desktop Resolution:1680x1050
    Hard Disk Size:750.15 GB

I was wondering if my specs can handle most of the high quality texture replacers and ENB's. Recommendations are also welcome!

Ragu

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Hello,

first of all, my system specs

Operating System:Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
    CPU Type:AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965
    ProcessorCPU Speed:3.42 GHz
    System Memory:4.29 GB
    Video Card Model:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    Video Card Memory:3.97 GB
    Video Card Driver:nvd3dum.dll
    Desktop Resolution:1680x1050
    Hard Disk Size:750.15 GB

I was wondering if my specs can handle most of the high quality texture replacers and ENB's. Recommendations are also welcome!

Ragu
    I was able to run the texture packs with a GTX 560 TI. I got around 30 FPS instead of my usual 60 fps. So I'm sure you'll be fine c:

I run Skyrim with over 100 graphics mods on a computer very similar to yours; runs at about 50+ FPS. Starts lagging really when you slap on some script based mods or heavy NPC mods. Also, doubling your grass or viewing distance also seems to cause lag for me.

Higher res textures, yeah you should be fine, ENB's are a bit less certain. They can range from mild color palette shifts to some pretty heavy effect changes, it's going to vary quite a bit on a case by case basis. You can mimic a lot of ENB effects via actual mods for a lot less performance strain, Dynavision is a good example of this, Enhanced Lights and FX does wonders as well.

At the end of the day a lot of modding in Skyrim is going to be trial and error, seeing what works and what does not. The most important thing if you're getting into modding for the first time is understanding conflicting mods and things like load order. It all sounds complicated at first but This Guys Videos are a really nice introduction and it's a lot easier then it first seems. Anyways, hope that helped, and enjoy the bottomless rabbit hole that is Bethesda modding!
    Last edited by Seronalis; 2014-03-18 at 06:11 AM.

You will be able to handle them easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I heard that script based mods really screw you over for CTD's. It sucks cause there's some cool ones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Yeah I heard that script based mods really screw you over for CTD's. It sucks cause there's some cool ones out there.
    script based mods are fine as long as you don't go nuts with them and remove them correctly when uninstalling the mod.also to combat CTDs on a heavily modded skyrim i suggest this little number http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

Ontopic yeah high resolution textures are fine but enbs im not sure maybe start of with some performence enbs or realistic lighting overhual then go from there.