10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    compared to screenshots from other people (yes i'm looking at those insane pictures all over the web)
    You do realize that a number of those "mind-numbingly" awesome screenshots that are taken are done with settings that make the game unplayable, right? There's a lot of ini settings and graphical mods that I use where I can make absolutely amazing screenshots but can not actually play the game because it breaks a great deal of it.

You also need to specify what "more" you want. Higher res textures? Longer detailed view distances? Better ENB? There are tons of improvements that can be made to Skyrim. And strangely enough, looking at S.T.E.P, I don't see too much of an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    You do realize that a number of those "mind-numbingly" awesome screenshots that are taken are done with settings that make the game unplayable, right? There's a lot of ini settings and graphical mods that I use where I can make absolutely amazing screenshots but can not actually play the game because it breaks a great deal of it.

You also need to specify what "more" you want. Higher res textures? Longer detailed view distances? Better ENB? There are tons of improvements that can be made to Skyrim. And strangely enough, looking at S.T.E.P, I don't see too much of an improvement.
    I do know that, of course , especially ugridstoload. Other than that though, a high VRAM GPU along with ENBoost pretty much guarantees no crashes due to memory issues. I'm just not happy enough with the textures themselves for starters, I'm thinking about doing my own pack. (a la Texture Pack Combiner) but then again I'm looking at tens or even hundreds of hours of work :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cemana View Post
    Do you have a list of the mods you are using?
    STEP 2.2.8 with the highest possible mod choices
    along with grim and sober enb. ENB not set in stone ofc, I just liked some of the features with it so installed it for testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my processor is pretty old. Same with Mobo, 2009, may need to upgrade it. And should I be using more then 4 gb of ram? cause if i remember correctly, skyrim runs off of 32 bit, meaning it only detects 2 gigs. I did all of the memory fixes, and it did help tremendously. Also, the civil war mods really take a toll on your machine, so disabling that also helped. I'm still getting the 10 fps outdoor drop though with the messed up sound, creeps me out...

BTW, Inigo the follower is def my favorite mod so far.

Deleted
    I was not asking for the STEP page, I was asking for the list of mod YOU chose to use from the STEP page.

Also you should consider that taking a good screenshot is not "easy" whatever list of mods you use, it's like taking a photo, you have to pay attention to the light, the scenery, the colors, the angle ...
    Last edited by mmocb1939ccd9e; 2014-03-19 at 08:21 PM.

I was not asking for the STEP page, I was asking for the list of mod YOU chose to use from the STEP page.

Also you should consider that taking a good screenshot is not "easy" whatever list of mods you use, it's like taking a photo, you have to take care about the lights, the scenery, the colors, the angle ...
    ALL OF THEM ! :P Step Core and most of the extended ones (all of the graphical ones).

I think I quite like project parallax and since it requires some standard texture mods I think I will have to forego most of the STEP stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, my main issue with the current textures is not the quality itself, but the fact that they are getting repeated a LOT so with all this tiling it kinda looks bad (Stuff like ground textures etc) and, if not bad, at least not what I'd like.
    I know this is an inherent problem with Skyrim (and perhaps every game for that matter) so the solution is textures that don't stand out that much I suppose.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-03-19 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    It's a game you know, if you expect every patch of grass to look different from the other one I'm afraid it won't be possible.

If some distant landscape elements don't look good or too repetitive
    - I advise you to use the blur effect of your ENB
    - You can also increase the distance at which elements appear in the .ini but it will oftenly result in a ctd if you have an average graphic card

10+ Year Old Account
    Just replaying it atm...Skyrim really is a masterpiece isn't it, they have put to much attention to detail in every inch of it...with mods it looks even better as well...i don't know why they couldn't do the same for ESO :/

http://i.imgur.com/jAXW0nh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/628KHQa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zonrxtk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LrrSgZT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rN8y9Jw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mc8XC7B.jpg

It's a game you know, if you expect every patch of grass to look different from the other one I'm afraid it won't be possible.

If some distant landscape elements don't look good or too repetitive
    - I advise you to use the blur effect of your ENB
    - You can also increase the distance at which elements appear in the .ini but it will oftenly result in a ctd if you have an average graphic card
    Yep I know about these

EDIT: Holy double posting batman!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Just replaying it atm...Skyrim really is a masterpiece isn't it, they have put to much attention to detail in every inch of it...with mods it looks even better as well...i don't know why they couldn't do the same for ESO :/
    1) Go outside in a large place
    2) open up console
    3) type player.placeatme 000A2C94 40 and hit enter
    4) ???

Oh and save your game before you do this.
    Then you will get it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    1) Go outside in a large place
    2) open up console
    3) type player.placeatme 000A2C94 40 and hit enter
    4) ???

Oh and save your game before you do this.
    Then you will get it :P
    Doesn't work for me get compiled script not saved, guess it's something to do with Lydia? As I can move to her using the same code.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with pack mule..i mean Lydia? (despite her expert photobombing skills)

What's wrong with pack mule..i mean Lydia? (despite her expert photobombing skills)
    My point is, having 40 players on the screen causes all sorts of issues :P
    It will probably crash or severely slow your game if you do this :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Doesn't work for me get compiled script not saved, guess it's something to do with Lydia? As I can move to her using the same code.
    try player.placeatme 000A2C8E 40 then. But do save your game first.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of it has to do with how very few gaming rigs could run it. Its one of the reasons WoW has been cited as being so successful. Because of the art direction they took, the majority of PC's can run it without any issues. When you start requiring massive gaming rigs in order to run it, your sales are going to take a huge dip because you are limiting your customer base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    A lot of it has to do with how very few gaming rigs could run it. Its one of the reasons WoW has been cited as being so successful. Because of the art direction they took, the majority of PC's can run it without any issues. When you start requiring massive gaming rigs in order to run it, your sales are going to take a huge dip because you are limiting your customer base.
    But can't they just have graphic sliders? >.< like on rift you can choose from minecraft to real life on the graphic setting to suit your computer :S

10+ Year Old Account
    But can't they just have graphic sliders? >.< like on rift you can choose from minecraft to real life on the graphic setting to suit your computer :S
    I get what you're saying, but I don't think that's the way it works. And I think you're exaggerating concerning Rift. At max settings mine certainly didn't look like real life...it actually was about like a vanilla Skyrim (just with a fresh coat of turtle wax). It would be nice though...I know ESO might seem more appealing to me if not for the fact that my modded Skyrim looks lightyears better than it.

- - - Updated - - -

For example...heading to Whiterun in the morning sun.

My nexus mod manager or curse client dosen't wanna open because of "corrupted microsoft .net file" anyone know what that means or how too fix it?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    My nexus mod manager or curse client dosen't wanna open because of "corrupted microsoft .net file" anyone know what that means or how too fix it?
    Download and reinstall the .NET Framework would be the first thing I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Download and reinstall the .NET Framework would be the first thing I tried.
    Have no idea what that is or where to download it tho

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    So a funny note on the Fast Travel front...I decided to bite the bullet and get my last Achievement for Skyrim, the 15 Daedric Artifact one (I did this on my main game, but apparently this is a buggy Achievement on Steam and it didn't take). Up until this point I have avoided Fast Travel and have walked everywhere and really immersed myself, however to complete this Achievement I had to throw that out the window. During my adventure I had 3 known villagers die, where previously I had 0. So I can say 100% that Fast Traveling is not good for the health of villagers. =)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    *snip*
    Random question that was triggered by your post...can you access the majority of the game without doing the main quest line? I started a LAL + SkyRe game and was having fun not killing dragons or worrying about shouts. Sorta just playing Skyrim like a generic ES game. I ask because I'm getting a new SSD and wanted to just start with clean installs of everything. I think I'll disable cloud updates for Skyrim so I can start from scratch.
    BAD WOLF