10+ Year Old Account

[Bio] Elwynn Ronadin aka Thyrea

so, there goes my very first rp bio/story

the story is only about half finished so far, and i may make changes to this half too. i'll try to continue it soon, but since english isn't my native language (big thanks to syrra for correcting and feedback!) and i tend to be overly perfectionist-ish with things like this, it will probably take a while (i worked for about 20h total on this four small parts, so far). i do have the rest of the story in mind though, for the most part, so feel free to ask me if you are curious about specific things for rp'ing or the like.

i added informations about the character at the bottom, instead of at the top, since the story is intended to slowly tell those things in the course of it anyway (well, in it's finished form, at least).

Darkness.

The hoof beat slowed and changed its sound as the horse passed the forest line, emerging into the undergrowth. A gentle pull on the reins and it reluctantly stopped, still breathing nervously. The cloaked figure turned and pulled back the dark hood, baring smooth, blond hair.

Pain.

A short wince went through the once calm face as the cloth rubbed on the maltreated cheek. A hand touched the aching skin. Only now did she notice how much it hurt. Although the warm blood already dried, it would look conspicuous if not washed away.

The girl let out a silent sigh as her face turned towards the buildings on the other side of the field that adjoined the dense forest, still slightly visible in the bright moonlight. Even the decomposing bark could be heard along with the sighing of the wind through the leafy branches. Tears began to fill her eyes as she thought of her siblings and her beloved dog. She wasn't likely to ever see them again. The first step was taken now; there was no way back. Not that she would have wanted to return anyway.

She let her watery eyes take one last long look at her family's estate before putting her hood back on, carefully this time. One hand comfortingly stroked the horse's short, brown hair as she gave the sign to move again. The cold autumn wind made her shiver and she tightly wrapped herself in the dark cloak, hiding the pale blue dress beneath it. The stalwart stallion fell into a trot a few moments later, carrying its passenger deeper into the forest and into the darkness of the night.

"What do we know about her?" The nobly dressed man standing at the window shrugged his shoulders. A moment later, he turned around and answered, "We probably know everything interesting about her, but most of it isn't relevant."
    He walked to the massive wooden writing desk standing near the window of the small room and looked down at a bunch of papers.
    "Well, let's see what we've got here... She is one of the Ronadin girls. The older one. Sixteen years old by now, although her last birthday was just a few months ago. Born in their family estate of course and lived the largest part of her life there. That's of no use to us..." Letting out a long sigh, he put some papers aside and looked at a few others.

"Did you meet her, Captain?" the young soldier standing on the other side of the desk nodded. "I've met her two or three times, but the last time was more than two years ago, if i remember correctly. A beautiful girl and well-behaved."
    "Not as well-behaved as her parents would have liked her to be, it seems," the noble said with a benign smile. Looking up from the desk again, he noticed the questioning look of the young man. "She used to behave in the presence of strangers, but acted rather nosy and non-compliant among family, friends, and servants. She played with the animals, made friends with some of the servants, played tricks on others. Those kinds of things."
    He walked to the window again, some papers in hand. "She wanted to learn how to fight and hunt, like her big brother, and eventually managed to get some training, just to make her stop bothering others. I'm glad none of my daughters were like that. Made things way easier. I once had a conversation with her father about it, years ago."

The smile on the old man's face disappeared and he fell silent for a moment, looking out of the window.

"Sir?" He turned around again, looking into the sorrowful face of the captain. "What do we know regarding him? Are there any connections we know of?"
    With another long sigh, the noble returned to his desk and sat down on the heavy chair.
    "Nothing more than the obvious. We can assume she ran into the kidnapper when he was at her house, who decided to take her with him. To keep her quiet, perhaps. And since we haven't found anything telling us otherwise, we also assume he kept her alive, at least for the beginning."
    "Any ideas what the motives could have been?"
    He shook his head. "Not really. The Ronadins don't have any enemies we know off. They are wealthy, but since not much more than one of the servant's horses was stolen, we can probably exclude this being the reason."

With contemplating faces, the two fell silent.

Light.

Closed eyes. Silent breath. The figure slowly budged, opening her eyes. Lying on her side, she blinked into the warm rays of sunlight that were caressing her face. Snow was glittering all about the field, even on the leafless trees. The girl turned around and slowly stroked the gray fur of the animal sleeping next to her. With closed eyes, she snuggled up to her dog once more, the warm blanket wrapped around her.

Warmth.

After enjoying the comfortable feeling for a few more minutes she sat up, slowly uncurling, and looked at her surroundings. Not that much had changed since the last evening. The fields all around were still quiet and white, the small but busy town was still visible in the distance, not more than on hour's ride away. Her chestnut horse had walked a few steps away, looking for food under a few bushes.

She nudged her dog before standing up. "Pow. Wake up!"
    The dog opened his eyes, although he didn't seem like he was going to move anytime soon.
    "We're going."
    Without another look at the animal, the girl picked up her bag, climb up on her horse and rode towards the town a few moments later. After looking at her for a few moments, the dog stood up and sullenly followed horse and rider.

The hatred. The pain. Tears in her eyes. Blood on her hand.

Red.

Eyes closed. Raging heartbeat. His voice. Talking! How could he still be talking?!
    Eyes open. Standing, looking down on her. You killed her!
    No heartbeat. He deserved it... Can't understand his talking. His eyes burning in rage! What is he saying?
    Why? She knows the answer. Squatting on the floor, her convulsing hand closed around the cold metal. She already knew. Blood on her hand, touching her aching cheek.

Standing before him; looking into his eyes. Tell me! Her hand hidden beneath the dress. "Go to bed. We'll talk tomorrow." Ignoring her! "Why are you crying? I have important work to do." Father! Trying to grip his hand. Too far away? "I.. I know what you did. I know my name."

Silence.

"Elwynn! What are you doing here?" "I need to talk to you." Calm face. "Go to bed. We'll talk tomorrow. I have important work to do and you should already be asleep."

Silence.

"Why are you crying?"

Black.

The girl cast her gaze upward as she awoke with a start, still trembling. Darkness was filling the tiny room.
    The big dog lying in front of the door lifted it's head and looked at her in the faint light of a new day that was shining through the window.

She tried to calm down, to hold back the tears. The memories. Pow stood up, jumped on the small bed and sat down next to her with a questioning look.
    "Elwynn, huh? Very creative." she mumbled with a forced smile, wiping her eyes with a sleeve. But she already felt the pain arising in her chest again. "As if..."

Her arms suddenly embraced the animal's neck, her face buried deep in the gray fur as the tears began to fill her eyes and trickle away into the warm fur, her small framed body trembling silently.

[to be continued]

Name: officially Elwynn Ronadin, although she prefers to use just Thyrea.

Race: Human

Languages: her native language is common, although she partly knows all alliance languages and a few others (at least enough for simple conversations) due to her noble diplomacy education.

Class: Assasination Rogue-ish (daggers, hidden blades, poisons, one-shot-crossbows and stuff) and accomponied by her big, grey dog Pow.

Personality: chaotic-good.
    she has learned to be either meek or forcing, to hide or show her emotions, depending on which better fits her goals. at her best she is gentle, courageous, warmhearted and inquisitive. at her worst she is insecure, overbearing, mistrustful and cheeky.
    she usually tries to avoid violence, but will use it when deemed necessary.

Appearance: slender, athletic, but small physique. long blond, slightly curled hair. blue eyes.
    she is usually seen in noble dresses (her favorite color beeing of course royal blue^^) and/or a plain dark brown cloak.

Strengths/Weaknesses: she likes to make use of her appearence and acting abilities to disguise her rogue-ish capabilities and tools, and prefers to misguide potential enemies rather than depend on actual stealthiness and violence.
    she is skilled with a variety of weapons (as mentioned above), but not actually physically strong, so she seeks to avoid open fights.

critique, feedback and suggestions would be welcome^^
    Last edited by Sy; 2011-09-27 at 05:50 PM.

So far, I've just read over the shorter section at the end. I'll have a full, proper read over later, but why is she named Elwynn? After the forest?

If she prefers to be called Thyrea, why not just name her that?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, she's named Elwynn after the forest, where her family's estate is located. it's her given name. Thyrea is the one she chose (kinda).

there's an actual reasoning for that, it will be explained in the story. or at least i'll try to explain it^^