Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpyro View Post
    We didn't WoL it. I'll figure that out this week so I can start tracking them myself and for situations like these. I assume the mod to track it is on their site or curse.
    Theres a java app on the WoL site that handles the uploads, easy to use. Beyond that no mods needed although one to automatically turn on your combat log helps. If you dont like running mods you can always /combatlog in game just remember you have to restart it each time you logout. Do remember to split/zip/deleate the logs after uploading though the java app does not like logs that extend over a week and even the spliter utility goes bonkers if you have a month's worth of raiding in a 400meg file.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Halfus is hard to measure because of the increased damage that occurs with every drake down. However, 15K is weak. I know our Destro Lock is below yours in ilvl and he pulls way more then that.
    I have seen 40k+ on HM Halfus

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Deleted
    I was doing this fight last wednesday as a destro lock, 359 ilvl, i pulled way mroe then that, does he use bane of havoc? bc that pretty much adds a lot of dmg if you put it on halfus.

Deleted
    I do this destro every week, whilst demo is probably better for aoe, I just prefer destro. Its not like we have any difficulty with it so I can play whatever spec I like really.

Some tips you may want to give him:
    • Havoc on Halfus
    • Use Infernal on Whelps
    • When they are all stacked up get into melee range and use Shadowflame and Shadowfury
    • When he's casting furious roar make sure all your dots are still rolling, if this means clipping them, so be it.

Edit: I usually do about 45k-50k on halfus hc 10 man

well we had a problem with our destro lock. It came down to wrong rotation. He didn't have Improved Soulfire buff 100% time, he was late with conflags etc. It's hard to just say why someone is wrong without talking to him and looking what he's doinng.
    Destro's pretty complicated and it's easy to fail at it..
    Though 15k is way too low. Even while DPSing nothing but Halfus all the time he should get way more DPS.

simple idea is tell him to go affliction. Takes much less spell awareness and he can get more dps by taking his hit down to 14.4%,
    (dont know if that is going to be viable going into 4.2) and puting them into other stats such as haste and make sure he is gemming correctly also(all int) lol. He might not be a baddie, just his stats might be off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I raid lead for my guild and this weeks raid will be strike 3 for him. We carried enough pugs at the beginning of the xpac when the guild was still getting its feet that I really have no patience for it now.
    I'd be more worried raiding under someone who is turning to others for advice on my performance if he has no idea what he is looking for, rather than actually taking ten minutes to read into it before asking me to take re-evaluate myself. :P

Also do you not track your own raids performance for comparission?

I sat back afterwards looking at the meters and have no idea how to help the kid. We can only point him to elitstjerks so many times and I refuse to research somebody elses spec to carry them through it. I just don't lead my guild like that.
    Your attitude tbh stinks and I am suprised people are happy with you leading them - refusing to help/research is just plain arrogance and a big loss on your part - pointing him to a website and expecting someone to just figure it out is being hopeful. And your right, you dont lead your guild. No 'like that'.

To sum up - if you simply took the time you invested on creating this thread and reading back you couldve gained enough knowledge to help him directly rather than being a stubborn dick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    Considering I came in on alt raid night with my own Warlock, who is mostly ZA/ZG gear with bloodthirsty pieces to fill (and 5% under spell hit cap, no less) and pulled 32k on Halfus as Affliction, I'd say... yes. He needs to pay a lot more attention to what he's doing.
    Affliction is not to compare with Destruction on this fight. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Though 15k is way too low. Even while DPSing nothing but Halfus all the time he should get way more DPS.
    You know if you nuke Halfus only (+ Shadowflame hitting drakes), you'll see some pretty big numbers. That just won't help your raid much.

Im a try-hard destro lock.. but on 10 man i pull 35k+ depending on the drake setup for the week (if we have welps or not).. 15k is unacceptable
    Some might say we've lost our way
    But I believe we've not gone far enough

Just g kick him imho, even single target without BoH shouldn't be that low on Halfus. Just wasting your time with people that can't spend time learning their class.

Funny story, you happen to be on my server, and I raided with that guy on heroic halfus once. I beat him in DPS smiting as a discipline priest throughout the fight. (25-man)

Based off my experience with him, I would say he's definitely not worth the effort. Most likely in your best interest to find a replacement.

That 15k is quite low. I think the last time I downed that guy I had about 30k dps, and only instant and infernal dps to the whelps (tanks aoe cleaves take them down fairly quickly). As well, I release time and nether if we don't have either a hunter or rogue, and we don't release slate either. The drakes we do release are storm, nether, whelps, and time. Also, I don't put havoc on halfus until the first drake is down, and until then it is on the second drake in the kill order so as to make it go down quicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Don't check dps on halfus. Its a bad dps check.
    I'd go with this in the end. Just take him to Valiona, see what kind of DPS he does?

Quote Originally Posted by Keh View Post
    Your attitude tbh stinks and I am suprised people are happy with you leading them - refusing to help/research is just plain arrogance and a big loss on your part - pointing him to a website and expecting someone to just figure it out is being hopeful. And your right, you dont lead your guild. No 'like that'.

To sum up - if you simply took the time you invested on creating this thread and reading back you couldve gained enough knowledge to help him directly rather than being a stubborn dick.
    I've tried to help a few boomkins when i still played, but everytime, i told them where they can research they're spec, what to gem for, hell even level a boomkin to get a feel for it. Point is, some people just can't be helped, it sucks, but it's the truth. I know we're talking about warlocks here but still he said he has tried to help the lock, there's only so much he can do without playing his character for him.

Also offtopic here: I hate when people need to use extra letters in a word to make a point, makes me rage.
    Asdfgh

lol.15k.
    i could probably get on my lock and die 1 minute into the fight and pull more overall dps (total damage done) then him. drop him imo

Deleted
    Hmm the lock in my guild always complains that recount is wrong..something about doomguards dps does not show on others recount.

I'm doing ~60k dps without trying too hard every week, 15k dps, How? >.>

Deleted
    Keep improved soul fire buff up (usually the biggest dps loss)

I think the first time I went along with my guild (guild 3th kill) the demo warlock was pulling 58k, the destro warlock 53k and me 55k as affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpyro View Post
    Pop Time & Slate but just burn the boss. So with every drake popped with the full damage buffs on the boss and aoe buffer our warlock was lowest dps (under the tanks) with 15k.
    Just FYI the dmg buffs come when the drakes die, not when they are released, so you did not have full dps buffs.

You still get the reduced boss abilities on release, but not the +dmg done to the boss buffs.

Regarding dps, the easiest way is to compare him with the other dps in the raid since they had the same setup, as you mention he was lowest. The one caveat is that if people are doing the wrong thing and boosting themselves on the meters (e.g. dpsing halfus before their allocated adds are killed to benefit from the +dmg buff) or there are situational considerations (not everyone can abuse Impact and dot an entire room).

If none of these apply and his gear / spec / gems / glyphs etc are all good check then he is probably not performing at his best, either low dps uptime (spending too long looking at things and not pressing buttons, not casting while moving etc) or poor spell selection (not using cooldowns / procs well, messing up the spell priority).

Using something like world of logs you can compare his spell usage, buff uptime, relative dmg etc with other people that are performing better and see what mistakes he is making.

Finally he might be deliberately not doing that much dmg, for example if he is spending too much time moving out of fire / spreading out / dodging incoming damage etc and not taking the risks required to top the meters then perhaps just suggesting that he focus more on dps and less on avoiding incoming damage it might help him out.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Merrosextius View Post
    Funny story, you happen to be on my server, and I raided with that guy on heroic halfus once. I beat him in DPS smiting as a discipline priest throughout the fight. (25-man)

Based off my experience with him, I would say he's definitely not worth the effort. Most likely in your best interest to find a replacement.
    Yeah just to confirm I pulled up our last halfus hc, and checked my attonement healing and dps:

Name Dmg % of total DPS DPS(e)
    Apriest 5197421 1.93% 39742.6 16041.5

(Note it is a 5 min fight and for the first half I heal, 2nd half I hf/smite spam so thats why the 2 ratings are different)

The only other thing is as others have mentioned this is not a good fight at all for dps benchmarking, and this is the kind of question you would ask whoever is the warlock expert in your guild, if you don't have one then it should really be you that spends the 5 mins it needs to read up on it..
    Last edited by callidas; 2011-06-07 at 04:11 PM.