Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    You can win back that LP. It only effects your placement, not your skill level. The problem with the old penalty was you lost "skill" for dodging. The current system almost makes it more of a waste of time to dodge than play with a troll, because at least you have the potential to carry the troll. This new system doesn't effect your skill level, since Elo is separate, and you can get into a new game faster.

Now if the penalty is something ridiculous then it's a different story, but anything that reduces the wait time is fine with me.
    How does that make sense? You lost elo. If I was looking to get 1500 and I lost elo because of moron deciding to troll which caused me to lose 12 elo, well, that's 12 elo I am away from my goal

This is introduction of this dumbass rule is the exact same thing. If you dodge, you lose LP. Since your goal is 100 LP, now you're farther away from your goal (just like you were further away from 1500, your elo goal).

And even aside from that fact, it's the idea behind it that is causing real players to be punished rather than the toxic players who should be punished.

This is just like DRM that punishes legit buyers with a limit on installs. They're both stupid 'fixes' that make in no way fix the initial problem.
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2013-02-01 at 04:11 AM.

Deleted
    Does anyone else get that bug every now and then where they can't see some skillshots? Played a game today where I had to dodge Mundo's cleavers by intuition (surprisingly not that hard after a while), and I can remember a few games in the past where either people have complained that they can't see my skillshots or I haven't been able to see theirs (Nid spears, Ez mystic shots, Kha spikes, the worst was probably Blitz grabs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Does anyone else get that bug every now and then where they can't see some skillshots? Played a game today where I had to dodge Mundo's cleavers by intuition (surprisingly not that hard after a while), and I can remember a few games in the past where either people have complained that they can't see my skillshots or I haven't been able to see theirs (Nid spears, Ez mystic shots, Kha spikes, the worst was probably Blitz grabs).
    Yup, invisible Ez ults, nami ults (those are the worst) occasionally random skill shots from people. I've seen lux laser go invisible before too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    How does that make sense? You lost elo. If I was looking to get 1500 and I lost elo because of moron deciding to troll which caused me to lose 12 elo, well, that's 12 elo I am away from my goal

This is introduction of this dumbass rule is the exact same thing. If you dodge, you lose LP. Since your goal is 100 LP, now you're farther away from your goal (just like you were further away from 1500, your elo goal).

And even aside from that fact, it's the idea behind it that is causing real players to be punished rather than the toxic players who should be punished.

This is just like DRM that punishes legit buyers with a limit on installs. They're both stupid 'fixes' that make in no way fix the initial problem.
    If you really want to get into it the whole system is flawed anyway. Once you reach a certain tier you can't fall back down. That means if I hit gold, I could tank my hidden elo to Bronze level and then still get LP for my current tier. Now maybe they have balanced it out so by the time you get to an advancement match your elo is fixed, but that's still a lot of LP anyone can cheese.

It's not effecting the skill of the players you are playing against. The League system is just a front. I'm pretty sure the amount of LP you have doesn't even factor into match making. All Riot is trying to do it make it look like your advancing up the ladder. For the Bronze and Silver tiers, and maybe even low Gold, I doubt your actual skill will be a huge factor in your placement unless there is something going on behind the scenes that I don't know about.

Deleted
    Pvp.net shutdown right now. Patch is gonna take 6 hours, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Pvp.net shutdown right now. Patch is gonna take 6 hours, right?
    Correct.

The sponsorships for Azubu Blaze and Azubu Frost are set to end on 2/4, and it appears that they will not renew their contract. Wow. Seeing all these teams lose sponsorships like that worries me.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Yup, invisible Ez ults, nami ults (those are the worst) occasionally random skill shots from people. I've seen lux laser go invisible before too.
    I seem to experience 90% of mine on the aram map. My favourite visually is Cait's peacemaker, it isn't invisible but the wings dont open up so it just looks like a big fat bullet.

It's like an ancient form of martial arts training, learn to dodge them when you can't see them and you'll never get hit when you can .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    They chose not to resign. Apparently they don't like the Azubu.tv terms. They'll probably be grabbed really fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    They chose not to resign. Apparently they don't like the Azubu.tv terms. They'll probably be grabbed really fast.
    Blitzcrank too stronk.

solo que matchmaking is amazing, my team got a lvl 28, a ap yi who never did well in his match history, no one does ranked except me, while enemy team have 3 s3 gold rated, we win in lane, loses all team fight, i end up 10/2/5, still lose, ._. ....

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    On invisible skillshots, I've never really had that problem; has anyone else had this? I was doing a TT the other week, and I had disconnected for a bit, when I got back in-game, Minions were invisible(and untargetable). I could see their dots on the mini-map, as well as their attack animations(the bolts from caster minions) but could not target them at all.
    Had to close out and re-open twice before it fixed itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I really doubt that two teams of that caliber will have any lack of people wanting to sponsor them. It's like EG, they choose not to resign since they didn't like the conditions, not because they were dropped. Very different and happens very often in sports.

Deleted
    Might have to find some EUNE brotha's for ranked with the new system If our skill levels are comparable if not agreeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darnit, EUW is still down. I just want to play some games...
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I'm kind of a noob when it comes to video making/editing but I need a question answered. How do I just make a clip of me doing a certain thing in a game after I upload the file from LoLRecorder?
    Use a video capture progran such as fraps or dxtory.
    Capture the part you wanna have from your replay.

compress the file (because it's gonna be huge) with vdub for example.
    Edit to your liking (with music, effects etc) in programs such as vegas or adobe premiere.

Upload to youtube.

Ugh. Olaf nerfs. >.>

Wish I could get a refund when they do stuff counter to why I bought the champion in the first place. And Fiora is still bad!

Damn you, Riot! *shake fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Go go invisible Nidalee spears.

._.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Go go invisible Nidalee spears.

._.
    This bug, yup, it's been like this for like two weeks or maybe more.

Mundo's Q, Lux's E, a lot of projectiles are getting bugged for some reason, but it only buggs on the opposite team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been noticing a lot of invisible Nidalee spears as well when being thrown from out of Line of Sight - especially from bushes. It seems like sometimes they are completely invisible, and sometimes only the 'fire' effect on it shows - but not the spear itself. It's rather silly, though I don't mind it *that* much.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    The particles of the abilities show but not the ability itself. It's just bad, I'm kinda already used to it but meh..............

I just hate people getting hit by it because they didn't really see it. :d