10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Being placed in Silver V isn't really something you should be proud of, but whatever. Congrats?
    Thanks! At least it's not Bronze.
    I don't play Shyvana, so I'm not going to test it. I don't really see the need to play her in this state. (i.e. weak as hell).
    I don't even own her.
    Ninja Tabi + Zephyr = more fragile than Randuins (Or any other def item, sunfire etc) + Merc Threads.
    Which is fine because my build has specific conditions upon when to build it.
    If you know bot games and ranked games are so different, why do you keep giving advice on ranked when most of your games are bot games?
    Because the distance between a bot game and ranked isn't as far apart as you make out.
    But it is rather silly/lame to call him out on it.
    The same way it's silly/lame to call me out on my "bullshit", then?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Maaaaan, I went 8/2 on my placement matches and got placed in Bronze III, dafuq ;( anywho, on to another subject.
    You think you have a problem? I was in Silver II in EUNE, transferred to EUW, played ONE placement match, got thrown into Bronze I.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    Now we got to take into account the fact that we're playing the jungler here and we're on a pretty tight budget, so gold efficiency is key. This means low-cost items that gives great stats for myself and my team.
    *Nods to Utility Masteries*

Already here the Spirit Stones are winning on gold-efficiency.
    Unfortunately, gold does not equal a stat's true value of effectiveness in the game, and in addition to this, the idea of gold-efficiency isn't quite complete yet (things like percentage movement speed worth 15g per %, Armor Penetration worth 1.5g per point). Once I've thought of a way to rebalance it via some kind of EP values, I'll get back to you.

Now, going back to what was written about her role in-game and the reason she was picked, and taking her kit into account, it's pretty clear which passives will be best for you.
    So our main-damage will come from having attack-speed, on-hit effects and CDR because it synergizes well with her ability to reset auto's from her Q.
    So, Wriggles!

Next up, actual items. Now, because we're the jungler it's our job to get cheap aura-items because the world hates us and won't let us farm up for 15minutes. So, Bulwark; cheap, provides great stats for yourself and your team especially. Locket; cheap, provides awesome stats for you (armor, hp5 and cdr), and a nifty active for your team. So far in my build you have: AG, Ninja Tabi, Bulwark, Locket
    Agree with Bulwark, disagree with Locket (more suited to a support).

This isn't a set-in-stone item build, in fact, there isn't a build that's set in stone for any champion out there simply because it varies from game to game. Depends entirely on your team composition, enemy team composition, and most important of all, how the game is going.
    ...this is exactly what I've been saying...

My setup for Shyvana.
    Seems alright, quite generic, but the problem with the long post is that you lost focus on what you actually wanted... you talk about onhit AS for output, then tankiness (which is obvious if you want to counter her squishy nature), forgetting what you said previously.

I can safely tell you that there will not ever be a situation where buying Trinity Force on Vladimir is the absolute best option.
    I can safely tell you that there not ever be a situation in which buying a Zephyr+Ninja Tabi on Shyvana as your first items is the absolute best option.
    Proof (see above)? All I'm doing is challenging what seems to be very entrenched ideas (either from habit, or, ironically, stubbornness) with obvious options.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    ...this is exactly what I've been saying...
    I remember saying that about 15 times a while back during a conversation about magic resist.
    I kept trying to tell people that stacking pure MR wasn't viable due to the effectiveness against magic pen and other forms of damage.
    For some reason they wouldn't listen and kept coming up with calculations as to why 6 MR items was the way to go :S.

This forum confuses me sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Sivalion, please don't ever write a post like that again where i can see it. You're making me want to pick up Shyvana again, haven't played her since S2.
    Zelgius would be whining at me 24/7 if i did start using her again.

Well made post though.

What a wall of text. Yikes.
    too long didnt read lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    For some reason they wouldn't listen and kept coming up with calculations as to why 6 MR items was the way to go :S.
    I remember doing the calculations for a Malphite vs Yi for that, and showing that huge MPen against huge MR just cancelled each other out (let alone leaving you vunerable to physical based attacks and HP% damage).

EDIT: I thought league divisions were made up of 50 people, why has mine got 60?
    Last edited by Firebert; 2013-06-20 at 11:47 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    I remember saying that about 15 times a while back during a conversation about magic resist.
    I kept trying to tell people that stacking pure MR wasn't viable due to the effectiveness against magic pen and other forms of damage.

This forum confuses me sometimes.
    probably because stacking MR is a lot cheaper than stacking Mpen, which was also mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Zelgius, as much as I don't agree with Firebert's builds, you're just straight up bashing now. Silver 5 places him in the average ranked players. Sure, that might not be impressive to you, but we don't all have the same goals.
    I think my goal was at least to get placed (I was playing ranked at once or twice a month when I made that claim, and was 3-0). I mean, getting 1550 in WoW PvP one season felt like an incredible achievement for me.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    probably because stacking MR is a lot cheaper than stacking Mpen, which was also mentioned.
    Yeah, it was a lot more difficult to scrape together MPen items when searching.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted

Take your pick from the Karma/Ahri build. If ranked isn't that different compared to bot games, go win 10 ranked games in a row using it. I can quite easily win 10 bot games with that build. Now you prove that rankeds aren't that different and do the same.

disagree with Locket (more suited to a support).
    Welp, that's it. All those players paid to play the game, who have time and time again proven they are the best in the region have been doing it wrong this entire time. Stop the LCS.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2013-06-20 at 12:08 PM.

I remember doing the calculations for a Malphite vs Yi for that, and showing that huge MPen against huge MR just cancelled each other out (let alone leaving you vunerable to physical based attacks and HP% damage).

EDIT: I thought league divisions were made up of 50 people, why has mine got 60?
    I remember that post .
    But the point I was trying to make was that stacking pure MR was not a very smart choice (in any situation), which alot of people interpreted as me saying that Magic Resist was a bad stat.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post
    Take your pick from the Karma/Ahri build. If ranked isn't that different compared to bot games, go win 10 ranked games in a row using it. I can quite easily win 10 bot games with that build. Now you prove that rankeds aren't that different and do the same.

Welp, that's it. All those players paid to play the game, who have time and time again proven they are the best in the region have been doing it wrong this entire time. Stop the LCS.
    But he said earlier that he went into Ranked Silver league. He's probably tested his own build.
    Last edited by Aydinx2; 2013-06-20 at 12:10 PM.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    But he said earlier that he went into Ranked Silver league. He's probably tested his own build.
    I went to the zoo earlier, now I'm a koala bear. He said rankeds weren't that different to bot games. I beg to differ, as do many other people here. The onus is on him to "back up that claim" as he so very often tells us when we say he's building, not wrong, but not effectively.

Mine has 22
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2013-06-20 at 12:16 PM.

Agree with Bulwark, disagree with Locket (more suited to a support).
    I did not just read that I did not just read that I did not just read that I did not just read that I did not just read that I did not just read that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I did not just read that I did not just read that I did not just read that I did not just read that I did not just read that I did not just read that
    *pats Rabbit* There there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to get placed, to be honest, just to remove the argument that I'm inexperienced because I'm not placed. It just moves to "I'm inexperienced because I've not got thousands of ranked wins" or "I'm inexperienced because I'm not Plat I", but it's a start.

Four games, two Utility Warwick Jungles with huge CS, two Sona Supports with Clarity (one of which I got 42 assists in a 40m game), builds are similar, two wins and two losses (one for each role). You can check my LoLKing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Oh how I love thee.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 02:23 PM ----------

I went to get placed, to be honest, just to remove the argument that I'm inexperienced because I'm not placed. It just moves to "I'm inexperienced because I've not got thousands of ranked wins" or "I'm inexperienced because I'm not Plat I", but it's a start.

Four games, two Utility Warwick Jungles with huge CS, two Sona Supports with Clarity (one of which I got 42 assists in a 40m game), builds are similar, two wins and two losses (one for each role). You can check my LoLKing.
    So you're placed. You're now just as experienced as any other player that plays ranked. Screw tiers and divisions.

You're inexperienced. GET OVER IT.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2013-06-20 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Hey Guys, I'm trying to get my account to bronze but I can't drop any lower,
    do you guys have any idea how I can drop more leagues?

I went to the zoo earlier, now I'm a koala bear. He said rankeds weren't that different to bot games. I beg to differ, as do many other people here. The onus is on him to "back up that claim" as he so very often tells us when we say he's building, not wrong, but not effectively.
    You didn't even try his build, you just went full AD on Karma and made the unfair assumption that (even though he is in silver rank now) he hasn't even tried his own builds yet.
    Your comparison to a koala bear is unreasonable. I never said that "He went into silver, so now he's a pro". Your comparison would be valid if you said "I went to the zoo earlier, now I've petted a koala bear".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MartMoves View Post
    Do you mean you're in Silver 5 trying to drop down to Bronze? Get to 0 points and wait 30 days for your LP to decay and you will drop down.

Quote Originally Posted by MartMoves View Post
    Play Teemo the turret destroyer.

Basically all you do is build split push items, and push turrets like a mad man.

It can actually be a winning strategy if the enemy team doesn't keep you in check, but you generally lose with it.