10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yes, he heals for obscene amounts and does very well in lane, he's just a mana hog. Pretty strong still.
    I find that people that feed me just even slightly (at least last time I played him) would always get owned because of his E move. It was just a powerful move to use, heals you and does a decent amount of damage.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've done 5 of my 10 ranked games and am currently 5-0 and I can say that honestly getting up early on is almost purely on luck. I've only been carried one game(and I wasn't doing bad just not optimally) and I have been amazed at the teammates I get and the retards the enemy team is
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW

Deleted
    Does anyone know if there are pro players that play Swain?
    In that case, which one(s)?, and can i find some of their plays/builds on the internet?

Really love Swain, He's just plain awesome.
    Did you read his background story?
    He's a badass fucker with a badass bird

Deleted
    So anyone worked out a good Talon build and skill priority?

I generally seem to level W first, then Q then E. Ulti when I can of course.
    I tend to start with Doran's Shield (solo) or Regrowth Pendant + Health Pot (duo). Get a Philo Stone, rank1 Boots, Phage, rank2 boots, Banshee's, Frozen Mallet, Atma's and well ... the game should be over then.

I use a 21/0/9 spec with ArP Marks, pure Armor Seals, MR/lvl glyph and ArP Quints.

I basicly go R->W->Q->E skill wise and pick up boots and 3 pots on spawn. First trip back brutalizer, then Bloodthirster and lastly Frozen Mallet. By now the game is probably finished. In the rare cases when it isn't Infinity Edge or another Bloodthirster for crazy deeps, or a defensive item to not die after you use your ulti.

Running 21/0/7 because i'm not 30 yet :P And i only have 20 ArP on my AD rune page.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thigrai View Post
    I basicly go R->W->Q->E skill wise and pick up boots and 3 pots on spawn. First trip back brutalizer, then Bloodthirster and lastly Frozen Mallet. By now the game is probably finished. In the rare cases when it isn't Infinity Edge or another Bloodthirster for crazy deeps, or a defensive item to not die after you use your ulti.

Running 21/0/7 because i'm not 30 yet :P And i only have 20 ArP on my AD rune page.
    Wut? And how aren't you getting harrassed like hell in lane? I mean with Regrowth Pendant I can pretty much lane for a looong looong time.
    Oh and don't you get instagibbed everytime? With my build you have around 3000 hp, 200 AD and like 120 and 140 Armor and MR or so.

Can you recommend to buy the pantheon? Really would like to know since he costs a buttloads of points. But he really seems OP tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Wut? And how aren't you getting harrassed like hell in lane? I mean with Regrowth Pendant I can pretty much lane for a looong looong time.
    Oh and don't you get instagibbed everytime? With my build you have around 3000 hp, 200 AD and like 120 and 140 Armor and MR or so.
    If im duo laning i play extra aggressive and try to score an early kill, that pretty much secures your laning phase. Brutalizer costs 1337 gold for a reason, once i get that i take around %20-30 HP out of a champ's HP with W. They won't really risk it after that. You also are super squishy so you gotta wait before jumping in to a team fight. What? Initiating team fights with ultimate you ask? Not happening. But after all the CC has been laid down, the ultimate pretty much takes half health out of anyone not stacking HP or defence. You basicly have crazy burst. Go in, lay down everything, get out and wait for cooldowns.

The way you build seems viable but it kinda defeats the whole point i see in talon myself. For me he's a high risk, high reward assassin. I guess he can be built tanky though, can't say for sure without trying it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Can you recommend to buy the pantheon? Really would like to know since he costs a buttloads of points. But he really seems OP tho.
    Just bought him like an hour ago after seeing live streams of him being played. He's really awesome early-mid game, you'd be suprised at how easily he kills people. Ulti got me 2 kills in a single game too, it's pretty fun. Never really got a proper team comp yet though, so i didn't win any games :/ I really should find mates to queue with...
    Last edited by Thigrai; 2011-08-27 at 09:52 AM.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Quote Originally Posted by Thigrai View Post

Just bought him like an hour ago after seeing live streams of him being played. He's really awesome early-mid game, you'd be suprised at how easily he kills people. Ulti got me 2 kills in a single game too, it's pretty fun. Never really got a proper team comp yet though, so i didn't win any games :/ I really should find mates to queue with...
    Thx mate. Will save the points then
    But anyone know smth about the ulti nerf/buff? Do you still see the ring on the floor and how high is the range now? Read some article that its nerfed to death?!?!

Deleted
    But anyone know smth about the ulti nerf/buff? Do you still see the ring on the floor and how high is the range now? Read some article that its nerfed to death?!?!
    You see the ring on the floor yeah, and I don't know the exact changes, only that he jumps faster now. Which I guess is a good think.

His Ulti change was in line with other global changes (Twisted Faith for example). If you stand in the exact middle of the map, you can leap to top or bottom lane, but you can't reach the entire map anymore. To cover for this change they lowered the landing and casting time of his Ult, and buffed his jabbing attack (can't recall the name right now). It does good damage now and has a shorter channeling time, meaning you can jab and get out, without losing half your damage because you stopped channeling midway trough.

In high elo there's no room for a champ like Pantheon, but low- and mid-range he's great fun to play.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    His Ulti change was in line with other global changes (Twisted Faith for example). If you stand in the exact middle of the map, you can leap to top or bottom lane, but you can't reach the entire map anymore. To cover for this change they lowered the landing and casting time of his Ult, and buffed his jabbing attack (can't recall the name right now). It does good damage now and has a shorter channeling time, meaning you can jab and get out, without losing half your damage because you stopped channeling midway trough.

In high elo there's no room for a champ like Pantheon, but low- and mid-range he's great fun to play.
    Thanks for clearifiying this.

But what do you mean with elo? And why is the Pantheon weak in higher range? Who would you recommend as an allrounder in mid/high range?

10+ Year Old Account
    ELO: the rating for ranked games. Low ELO: low match making rating, high ELO... you guessed it.

Somewhat similar to the Warcraft arena/rbg system (though those aren't pure ELO, from what I gathered).

I'm not sure, so I would like some advice: Should I safe my IP up for Lux (I know I pwn with her) or should I buy a champion of a lower price (which I have never played before)?

Thanks for clearifiying this.

But what do you mean with elo? And why is the Pantheon weak in higher range? Who would you recommend as an allrounder in mid/high range?
    As Duilliath explained, elo can be seen as the MMR in World of Warcraft arenas; it is used to determine what level of oponents you are going to face.

Regarding Pantheon: (sadly) mid and high elo games turned into this:

Top: a strong solo brawler/tank like Irelia, Renekton, Warwick
    Mid: a pure AP carry like Annie, Malzahar, Anivia, Swain
    Bot: a ranged AD + support lane like Soraka/Sona/Taric/Janna + Ashe/Corki/Caitlyn/Vayne
    And in the jungle there's usually a Amumu, Udyr, Jarvan or Gangplank

Fitting in Pantheon will be hard, as he can't hold his own vs a brawler up top most of the time (while remaining competitive in terms of minion kills) and in bottom lane he will get pushed out if you face a decent ranged AD, especially if they team up with Taric for his stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanogan View Post
    I'm not sure, so I would like some advice: Should I safe my IP up for Lux (I know I pwn with her) or should I buy a champion of a lower price (which I have never played before)?
    Lux is a bit of a special champion. She's reliant on hitting with her roots so much if you want to be doing any reliable damage, as the others aren't that hard to move out of. She's not used that often in ranked games, so if that is your aim you might want to consider a different champion.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

In about an hour the pre-show for LoL at MLG starts, games starts ~30 minutes later, stream is here.
    http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/live/league_of_legends

You can get free HD for this event by following this short guide:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/co...your_free_mlg/

Deleted
    Have the guys talking really played League of Legends? "the blue buff is for those big, tanky champions and it is going to make them smarter"

Stream: LoL
    On screen: Starcraft 2

Last edited by mmocf3e8550591; 2011-08-27 at 02:21 PM.

Any Cho'Gath players here?
    I haven't been playing LoL very long, so it might just be me being bad, but I always tend to do poorly with Cho during the early parts of the game. End game I do great, sometimes fantastic, but I feel so worthless at the start of the match most of the time. I'm tempted to just start jungling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Any Cho'Gath players here?
    I haven't been playing LoL very long, so it might just be me being bad, but I always tend to do poorly with Cho during the early parts of the game. End game I do great, sometimes fantastic, but I feel so worthless at the start of the match most of the time. I'm tempted to just start jungling.
    Good news is: You can jungle with Cho!
    Other than that, just keep farming. If the enemy ever tries to come to you, Q them and back off, then continue your farming. You do not have high burst nor sustained damage until lvl 6 (most of the time, unless they are stupid and dont try to juke or dodge a single Q of yours), when your feast will make every carry cry for help :>

Also I'd tell you to lvl Q up 1st. I dont care what everyone else says, just do it. An great ability which lets you one shot caster creeps at rank 4-5 with only AP runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ookami-San View Post
    Does anyone know if there are pro players that play Swain?
    In that case, which one(s)?, and can i find some of their plays/builds on the internet?

Really love Swain, He's just plain awesome.
    Did you read his background story?
    He's a badass fucker with a badass bird
    I'm no pro with him yet, but I'm atleast decent with him. I start off with a Doran's ring and get E first, then W, Q at 3, then I follow R>E>W>Q. You should get firstblood easy as long as you harass with E and auto attack. If they have flash try to force them to pop it before you go for FB or anticipate it with W, as most people flash back in a straight line.

On your first back I buy another Doran's ring and boots if I have the money. Get Sorcerer's boots, and rush your RoA. Hourglass is a must for Swain, it's just up to you at what point in the game you buy it. Archangel Staff is nice to have, but you should have blue so it's not that big of a deal. Personally, I like spell vamp, most guides/people will say it's bad on him, but I like it.

Placing your W is the most important thing there is, if you miss it then your team will hate you. Make sure you have your E on your focus, because that ability makes everything else hit 20% harder. Don't let your ult burn your mana, know when to turn it on and off; Oom Swain is useless.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...40351#chapter6

That is the guide that I based my play off of, obviously I changed how I did things.