10+ Year Old Account
    Teemo doesn't get shrooms until level 6. Trundle gets Pillar as early as lvl 2-3. A single gank will set Trundle ahead so far that Teemo can't do anything any more.

I've really been enjoying Quinn top. She shreds just about any bruiser/tank toplane, and goes toe to toe with casters. If only splitpushers were meta again...

I had a thread that went over each toplane champ and how to play against them, but it kinda dropped outta sight to inactivity. It's also woefully outdated. Maybe I could throw one together again, as I mostly play top.

EDIT: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...atchups-thread
    In case you want to check it out. Some of it kinda holds up.
    Last edited by Lyese; 2014-05-18 at 10:20 PM.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Deleted
    Has anyone here had disconnects during game and error messages when trying to reconnect, but had internet and could connect to other websites without any problem?

I just lost a ranked game because i just got sudden "attempting to reconnect", in the middle of enemy base, tried to exit client then reconnect, it just opened black screen and after awhile gave error message about http servers or smth like that. During that entire team, i could normaly connect to all websites. Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Has anyone here had disconnects during game and error messages when trying to reconnect, but had internet and could connect to other websites without any problem?

I just lost a ranked game because i just got sudden "attempting to reconnect", in the middle of enemy base, tried to exit client then reconnect, it just opened black screen and after awhile gave error message about http servers or smth like that. During that entire team, i could normaly connect to all websites. Meh
    It happens to me occasionally. The error message is something like, "Unable to connect due to firewall." Unfortunately, I've never been able to reconnect to a game after that. However, I did notice the game wasn't recorded in my record, and I'm assuming isn't counted against me. How did it affect your rating?

Congratulations, you most likely just got drop hacked by some dickhead on the enemy team. Welcome to the club. To confirm your entrance to the club please check your match history. If the game in question does not exist in anyway, than you have been approved as a verified member

Also if this "disconnect" happened right as you were likely going to win the game that further confirms it

Deleted
    It is in my match history, and I did lose lp. Ahh well, shit happens I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Congratulations, you most likely just got drop hacked by some dickhead on the enemy team. Welcome to the club. To confirm your entrance to the club please check your match history. If the game in question does not exist in anyway, than you have been approved as a verified member

Also if this "disconnect" happened right as you were likely going to win the game that further confirms it
    So THAT'S what's happening. -_-

10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't error about connection being dropped due to firewall? I had something like this couple of times, launching game instead of launcher helped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    A good Nasus will still get stacks. Wouldn't be hard to farm enough to kill a Trundle late game, you don't need 1000 stack Q.
    I'm so tired of "OMG GUYZ I CAN'T TEAMFIGHT I DON'T HAVE 500 STACKS" Nasus, it's just stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

Not necessarily. Had it happen yesterday while on loading screen. Entire match disappeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    A good Nasus will still get stacks. Wouldn't be hard to farm enough to kill a Trundle late game, you don't need 1000 stack Q.
    Err no
    Trundle ulti will shred Nasus and counter him well, and no matter how 'good' Nasus is, Nasus is one of easiest champs to be countered top unless his jungler help him (or even baby sit him) due to his really crap early game

@disconnect
    If it says Firewall, it is a known bug in LoL, and since match didn't get removed from history, it wasn't drop hack (who few suffered from it, me included)
    best way as earlier mentioned to counter that is close LoL and anything running in process related to LoL, then start again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    due to his really crap early game
    This is a common misunderstanding. Unless you can all-in Nasus and kill him, he will just let the lane get to his tower and farm up with Q there. Last hitting under turret is the easiest thing ever as Nasus once you have some stacks on your Q and your innate lifesteal will keep you in lane. Teleport back once you can afford either a Spectre's Cowl or Glacial Shroud (depending on who you're facing) and you're golden. With Nasus' innate tankiness due to his added health from his ult, he's actually a really poor choice to towerdive as well.

It is extremely easy to fuck up your lane vs Nasus and it is extremely easy to survive lane as Nasus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    This is a common misunderstanding. Unless you can all-in Nasus and kill him, he will just let the lane get to his tower and farm up with Q there. Last hitting under turret is the easiest thing ever as Nasus once you have some stacks on your Q and your innate lifesteal will keep you in lane. Teleport back once you can afford either a Spectre's Cowl or Glacial Shroud (depending on who you're facing) and you're golden. With Nasus' innate tankiness due to his added health from his ult, he's actually a really poor choice to towerdive as well.

It is extremely easy to fuck up your lane vs Nasus and it is extremely easy to survive lane as Nasus.
    This x1000.

Nasus is ridiculously hard to kill solo in lane unless you're playing something like Ryze, Darius etc. Being someone that plays a lot of Rengar in this matchup I'll be roaming to mid half of the laning phase to get them to carry (unless they are retarded then I just ward the enemy blue/red depending on which side I'm on and try cheesing them there you literally can not kill him, he will Wither you, take 0 damage because of how innately tanky he is and then sustain what little damage you did to him through his passive.

Probably why he's considered so Uber in low elo since no one has any concept of roaming. He is useless until you don't do anything to snowball yourself/mid ahead, heck you could even roam bot if you're running TP. This doesn't just apply to Rengar, though roaming on him is easier since his ult is pretty much a free kill if you use it correctly.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2014-05-19 at 11:14 AM.

This is why Riven was considered the only counter to Nasus. She has the ability to chase him down, is less affected by wither than most and has incredible amounts of damage. I laugh every time people say "TEEMO COUNTERS NASUS I WIN HAHA" because, yes the Blind stops his Q, but Teemo has the same advantage damage wise over Nasus as he does every top laner. He cannot kill Nasus unless the Nasus severely screws up.

Anyway, I was bored and played a 1v5 bot game as Akali. I went 79/5 with 5 pentas and many quadras. The deaths were either to towers killing me or the bots chaining their CC together better than any actually team I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iirc blind doesn't stop any attack modifying skills, like, Nasus' Q, Renes' W, Poppys' Q
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Iirc blind doesn't stop any attack modifying skills, like, Nasus' Q, Renes' W, Poppys' Q
    It does. It makes the lane more annoying than you'd think, but its not really threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It counters most of them. I know it doesn't work on Renekton's W for some reason. Maybe there are more exceptions too.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Pretty much this, a guy picked nasus into my lee sin the other day top lane. I usually beat nasus, but sejuani prioritised nasus's laning phase over her blue buffs, to the point where she let our jungler take the blue so she could keep pressure top lane. Even then I got nasus to 100 health and I escaped on 250ish when she ganked the 4th time at 12ish minutes. There was simply no way of me punishing him hard enough even though I was 30 cs ahead, especially since we had a feral flare warwick jungle whos idea of punishing them for that was counter jungling the bot jungle, which isnt going to count for anything if nasus gets through laning phase stacked. Another thing at my elo seems to be dont worry I know how to punish nasus, and they'll pick some champion and push the nasus into turret and tell you they're winning lane. Pushing nasus into turret just makes it easier for him xD

Also trundle doesnt have to kill nasus 1v1 late game, he just has to make nasus squishy enough to die easier.
    Last edited by mini98; 2014-05-19 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    You can trust me. I just flop around like a fish until I decide what I want to believe, then I tell people they are wrong for thinking some other way. It works for me.
    Words of wisdom if I have ever heard any.

Deleted
    Jax's dodge doesn't work vs Nasus q, seems like I finally found my go to champion when facing Jax

10+ Year Old Account
    Jax's dodge doesn't work vs Nasus q, seems like I finally found my go to champion when facing Jax
    same goes for renektons w

10+ Year Old Account
    If a nasus is good, he will get his Q farmed. It might not be to an insane amount (a good nasus can farm just fine under turret, but he's not going to get nearly as many Qs in as the tower will force him to take kills more quickly). He will also usually not die, unless it's a riven, or someone who outright outplays the Nasus in lane (trynd, teemo, kennen, ryze can all easily get kills this way). So the goal is usually keep him at his tower, where he can't spam his Q and get his stacks up, and then look to try to impact the game. A tower being pressed in gives you a lot of freedom, especially since nasus will not want to follow you for every little disappearance, so you can influence your jungle and possibly mid lane. After that, it's all about pressure. Don't put nasus in a position where he can get 12 Qs off in a single minion wave; accelerate the game by pressing towers, taking risks, grabbing up dragons, itemizing for a faster game, and focusing nasus. If you have a jungler and top who can kill him if he overextends to farm, kill him. Even if he has to use his ult to survive, that means his ult is down for a team fight and you can focus elsewhere.

If Nasus is at the point where you can't 2v1 him, you've left him alone for too long. And then you have to do the highly unreliable kite the nasus strategy, which isn't so much a strategy as a desperate plea to not get smacked down. Even with decent teamplay late game... I had a game where their blitz missed and instead of pulling our mid into a bush with four of them, they pulled in Nasus right on top of their team. We won the 2v4 quite easily, off of a mechanically tiny error.