Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    LoL Garen's Q damage must have been stealth buffed. Is it doing 600 damage nowadays?
    Warlords Bloodlust is not used because everything is about Laning phase. So everyones uses thunderlords.
    How can you be so sure this mastery is useless if you never used it? Guess both of us dont know what we are talking about

If you say so...
    I backed it up with facts lol, you are now trying to say I don't know what I am talking about.
    According to Ichifails you are silver, why are you even trying to argue about this.
    Garen Q has a base of 130 at rank 5 + 140% of TOTAL AD. Garen builds Black Cleaver. That is hitting you after a DMP (Dead mans plate, because apparently we need to spell this out for you) auto slams into you, silences you with that Q that is hitting like a truck, maybe throw in a judgement for good measure, another auto, and then a villained R. Garen doesn't need to get you low for his ult to kill you, just below half.

Do some research on champion.gg and probuilds.net and realize no one is taking it because it's bad.

Guess both of us dont know what we are talking about
    You know what, I'll take that. You can continue your way and I'll continue mine.

But before I leave to my cave just one more fun part.
    LoL Garen's Q damage must have been stealth buffed. Is it doing 600 damage nowadays?
    I said AA(DMP)+Q+AA, something that can be done really fast with proper animation canceling.

Garen at level 18 has 134 AD, 10 more from runes, 144 from items. That's a total of 288 AD.
    100 damage from DMP.
    86 damage from Sunfire.
    245 damage from Q
    Another 328 damage from AA.

308+308+100+86+245 = 1047 damage before Armor/MR but also ignoring Garen's Black Cleaver.

If you hit him before and proc his Sterak's, he'll get another 25% base damage.

342+342+100+86+258 = 1128

So yeah, that scenario doesn't sound that bad now.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2016-02-04 at 01:42 AM.

So they're adding solo back again. Will have to do placements for that?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    So they're adding solo back again. Will have to do placements for that?
    Yes, a new set of placements for SoloQueue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Yeah I was hype for his return until I had to play against it. Way too good tbh
    I was overseas during the time he was good and didn't get to try him - so I'll never know

So rare for Trundle to be not-meh.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Aliez View Post
    Currently building these items in this order when I play the best voiced champ in the game
    Why on earth would you ever buy Runaan's on Sion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    None of the currently viable ADCs can use that build. The viable ADC's are Kalista/Lucian/Ezreal/Corki with Corki/Ez being broken beyond belif.
    I'd probably add Miss Fortune here too. She may have gotten a nerf recently, but she still has solid matchups against all the popular ADC's at the moment and has a really strong mid game which is what seems to be in demand right now.
    I've seen Varus getting a decent amount of play too, poke team comps seem to be in vogue at the moment and he's by far the pokiest (is this even a word?) ADC. Like all the other good choices, he has a strong lane and high mid game ability damage. It feels like Essence Reaver was made with him in mind. His ult is also a solid disengage tool should a team need it and it allows him to look after himself better than other immobile ADC's, even if its not as good as having a dash.

Lastly theres Draven. Theres always Draven, he exists in his own little bubble where a skilled Draven will promptly annhilate anyone he lanes against then proceed to two shot the rest of your team no matter how fed they are. The really good Dravens, the kind who can keep three axes on the go at once, are an absolute terror no matter what kind of meta we're in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    Why go cdr boots when u have crit and an essence reaver? The only thing you gain is the ability to flash more often.
    To cap out my CDR since ER gives a maximum of a total of 30% cdr. So I can ult / W more often for the uber long range kills.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Why on earth would you ever buy Runaan's on Sion?
    I see what you did there.
    You're wrong, but I see what you did.

Deleted
    Yes, a new set of placements for SoloQueue.
    Will this new "ranked solo queue" be separated from the "normal ranked queue"? With a diferent rating?
    If thats the case that is awesome. I can now play solo without caring much instead of doing a normal game.

But i am afraid this will be the beginning of a new troll race: "i don't care, this is just my solo queue rating"
    Winter is coming...
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-02-04 at 07:18 PM.

Does anyone have a link for the new solo queue being added or any information about it?

Deleted
    Solo ranked queu wont be released any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy has played close to 200 games on jhin already, goes way in depth and uses math to back up his build... if you're interested in jhin I'd definitely recommend checking this out http://www.lolking.net/guides/377655

Needless to say i'm copying his build.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what, I'll take that. You can continue your way and I'll continue mine.

But before I leave to my cave just one more fun part.

I said AA(DMP)+Q+AA, something that can be done really fast with proper animation canceling.

Garen at level 18 has 134 AD, 10 more from runes, 144 from items. That's a total of 288 AD.
    100 damage from DMP.
    86 damage from Sunfire.
    245 damage from Q
    Another 328 damage from AA.

308+308+100+86+245 = 1047 damage before Armor/MR but also ignoring Garen's Black Cleaver.

If you hit him before and proc his Sterak's, he'll get another 25% base damage.

342+342+100+86+258 = 1128

So yeah, that scenario doesn't sound that bad now.
    I play garen every time I get top, and I gotta say I've never done that much damage with auto/q/auto with DMP, sunfire, and cleaver (good luck even doing that combo though, how the hell do you expect to just walk up to an adc lategame without using Q first?). I don't buy gage often, usually just another armor/MR item or mortal reminder if they have sustain. Probably because you didn't calculate armor, but armor plays a huge part in determining damage.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2016-02-05 at 12:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    This guy has played close to 200 games on jhin already, goes way in depth and uses math to back up his build... if you're interested in jhin I'd definitely recommend checking this out http://www.lolking.net/guides/377655

Needless to say i'm copying his build.
    Seems awesome. I would only trade Youmuu's Ghostblade for Trinity Force but what do i know.

I did a double kill today with the trick os stacking 3-4 mines on the same place. That shit is hilarious. There are already some funny videos about it on youtube.
    Jhin is one of the funniest and trollest champions in the game

And his build have 67% lifesteal. If you crit for 1000 damage on the last shot you heal almost 700 hp on 1 hit. LoL
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-02-05 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems awesome. I would only trade Youmuu's Ghostblade for Trinity Force but what do i know.

I did a double kill today with the trick os stacking 3-4 mines on the same place. That shit is hilarious. There are already some funny videos about it on youtube.

And his build have 67% lifesteal. If you crit for 1000 damage on the last shot you heal almost 700 hp on 1 hit. LoL
    I think trinity instead of ghostblade would be good if you're very ahead.

Trinity gives atk speed/crit/ap/ad and 200 dmg proc that works with armor penetration. I am pretty sure its better than ghost blade when account for all of that.

Will this new "ranked solo queue" be separated from the "normal ranked queue"? With a diferent rating?
    If thats the case that is awesome. I can now play solo without caring much instead of doing a normal game.

But i am afraid this will be the beginning of a new troll race: "i don't care, this is just my solo queue rating"
    Winter is coming...
    Dynamic Queue is the one people won't give a shit about. Or well any serious people since it's going to be too easy to boost people that are shit.

And yes, it will be a different ladder and a different Queue.

Does anyone have a link for the new solo queue being added or any information about it?
    Link

Relevant part:
    To be clear, ranked queues for the 2016 season are:

Dynamic Ranked
    A few weeks after season start: Solo Ranked
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

I play garen every time I get top, and I gotta say I've never done that much damage with auto/q/auto with DMP, sunfire, and cleaver (good luck even doing that combo though, how the hell do you expect to just walk up to an adc lategame without using Q first?). I don't buy gage often, usually just another armor/MR item or mortal reminder if they have sustain. Probably because you didn't calculate armor, but armor plays a huge part in determining damage.

It is because I didn't take armor into account (even says there:P) but he asked for 600 damage. It's a made up scenario but it shouldn't be that hard to get to an ADC, you have DMP and Swiftness boots so you shouldn't need Q. Plus, if the Elo is low enough for Garen to be viable, the ADCs won't be good enough to kite you.

I can't know everyone's Elo but when I talk about something it usually ignores everything under at least Diamond 3 KR and Diamond 1 EUW/NA.

People simply see the League system and think it's relevant but it really isn't, there's not much difference between a Silver and a Diamond 5 player. You start at 1200 MMR (Silver 5), Gold 1 is 1450 and Diamond 5 is 1900. You need 700 MMR from when you start the game to get to Diamond. Now Master and Challenger are simply another level. You have Master at 2800MMR and Challenger getting to 4000 MMR. The gap between a Bronze/Silver player and a Diamond player is smaller than the gap between a Diamond and a Master player.

I don't think what happens below that is relevant because it usually happens due to mistakes that have nothing to do with champion/item/game balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    People simply see the League system and think it's relevant but it really isn't, there's not much difference between a Silver and a Diamond 5 player. You start at 1200 MMR (Silver 5), Gold 1 is 1450 and Diamond 5 is 1900. You need 700 MMR from when you start the game to get to Diamond. Now Master and Challenger are simply another level. You have Master at 2800MMR and Challenger getting to 4000 MMR. The gap between a Bronze/Silver player and a Diamond player is smaller than the gap between a Diamond and a Master player.

I don't think what happens below that is relevant because it usually happens due to mistakes that have nothing to do with champion/item/game balance.
    Alright while it's harder to go from Diamond 5 to Master tier than it was from Silver to Diamond 5, there is a huge difference in a Diamond 5 player and a Silver player. With that said, the huge MMR jump you see in Master/Challenger is overstated, it's not actually nearly as large as op.gg thinks it is. You get people with 200lp in Master playing against the top of Challenger all the time.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    It is because I didn't take armor into account (even says there:P) but he asked for 600 damage. It's a made up scenario but it shouldn't be that hard to get to an ADC, you have DMP and Swiftness boots so you shouldn't need Q. Plus, if the Elo is low enough for Garen to be viable, the ADCs won't be good enough to kite you.
    Garen is one of my main champions and i have never done 1200 damage on a AA-Q-AA with DMP. That is insane damage!
    If the ADC have 25 armor scaling yellows (which everyone should) that alone is enough to soak most of the damage.
    Have you heard about "Effective Health"?
    When a champion have 1000HP, 25 armor = +250 effective health (meaning 25 armor is the same as having +250 health)
    A typical ADC have around 2000Hp so 25 armor = +500 effective health

And if you are a 2000HP ADC with scaling armor yellows and guardian angel that means you have 3700 effective health VS Melees (not counting base armor so it's probably 4000Hp)

As a Talon main when i see a ADC with guardian angel and bloodthirster i know that i can no longer one shot them and i think to myself "I am fucked at this stage of the game".
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-02-05 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Alright while it's harder to go from Diamond 5 to Master tier than it was from Silver to Diamond 5, there is a huge difference in a Diamond 5 player and a Silver player. With that said, the huge MMR jump you see in Master/Challenger is overstated, it's not actually nearly as large as op.gg thinks it is. You get people with 200lp in Master playing against the top of Challenger all the time.
    I'll have to disagree with that, in the grand scheme of things the difference between a Silver and Diamond 5 player are very small. The only reason a Master would get matched with a top Challenger is because of number of people available and in KR/Ionia they simply get blown to pieces.

Someone that is top 10 Challenger vs a let's say place 50 Challenger should know how the lane will play out based on the first attack on the enemy on the first minion wave. There's just so much shit happening in a game like League and most people don't know it exists yet alone understand or master it.

I don't know I'm someone that's not easily impressed mainly because I compare everything to what it COULD be if everyone was close to perfection. Most Pro players at the moment are bad as fuck but telling that to most people will make you sound snobbish or delusional. The thing is I understand that being able to put theory into practice is something hard but that's exactly why LoL has a lot of room to grow in the future. For now though, except a select handful, everyone is pretty shit at this game and the gaps at high Elo aren't even funny while the rest of 99.5% of the players are equally as bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Garen is one of my main champions and i have never done 1200 damage on a AA-Q-AA with DMP. That is insane damage!
    If the ADC have 25 armor scaling yellows (which everyone should) that alone is enough to soak most of the damage.

Have you heard about "Effective Health"
    When a champion have 1000HP, 25 armor = +250 effective health (meaning 25 armor is the same as having +250 health)
    A typical ADC have around 2000Hp so 25 armor = +500 effective health

And if you are a 2000HP ADC with scaling armor yellows and guardian angel that means you have 3700 effective health VS Melees (not counting base armor so it's probably 4000Hp)
    Your build didn't include a GA. I said I didn't take armor into consideration because then I would have to take ArPen and ArPen% into consideration as well and I don't have time to do that for some random guy on a forum that can't do the math himself and thinks Garen is a viable pick.

Scaling Armor yellows are one of the most useless runes in the game and only used in particular scenarios by top laners. In no fucking way and in no fucking meta was there ever a point where "scaling yellows (which everyone should)" held true.

You literally are the perfect example of my previous statement "There's just so much shit happening in a game like League and most people don't know it exists yet alone understand or master it. "

Ignoring Garen's ArPen% from black Cleaver, a late game level 18 ADC is going to have around 65 Armor vs a Garen and using the formula

Damage = 100/(100+armor) = 100(/100+65) = 100/165 = 0.60

You wanted fucking 600 damage from Garen, 1047*0.60 = 634.54 fucking damage.

EDIT: No seriously Shadowpinkz, I'd be really curious how your "scaling adc runes that everyone should use" fare against me playing Janna. Would you be willing to try it out? I only have accounts on EUW/EUNE though.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2016-02-05 at 02:58 PM.

Scaling armor on a ADC? Are you crazy, you will be so easy to harass out early game.. I LOVED it when I played support, when I saw a ADC with scaling armor, as Thresh I could auto him a couple of times and he had to blue pillar away because he took so much damage, simply because of no armor.

Always go with armor runes as ADC, unless you want to lose early that is..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Scaling armor on a ADC? Are you crazy, you will be so easy to harass out early game.. I LOVED it when I played support, when I saw a ADC with scaling armor, as Thresh I could auto him a couple of times and he had to blue pillar away because he took so much damage, simply because of no armor.

Always go with armor runes as ADC, unless you want to lose early that is..
    At level 6 scaling armor gives the same ammount of "flat armor yellows". Don't know if it's worth it.
    Unless you are looking for kills and major harass at level 1-5.