10+ Year Old Account
    It looks cool.
    But I won't be buying it.
    Next Legendary I will be buying is Battlecast Skarner, and that's probably months away, oh well I save money!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

i'd stick to my hallowed nocturne, more unique and a lots of ppl don't have it.

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be no Black Friday sales this year, according to a red. - And the shitstorm about how Riot are greedy pieces of shit faggots begin, comparing them being more greedy than Nexon America and Electronic Arts combined.

But yes, how they managed for forget about that is complete fail, makes you wish sometimes you were playing DOTA 2 instead where Valve doesn't fuck things up that Riot does.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    I always wondered what black friday is and why should I ever expect something... I guess 'murica.

I couldn't care less about black friday.

It's fun to see greedy people call Riot greedy though.

There will be a sale in january though... and I think it's a little better since people will have RP left (at least some) from Christmas to be spent rather than getting RP for Black Friday and then again for Christmas, just my thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    There will be no Black Friday sales this year, according to a red. - And the shitstorm about how Riot are greedy pieces of shit faggots begin, comparing them being more greedy than Nexon America and Electronic Arts combined.

But yes, how they managed for forget about that is complete fail, makes you wish sometimes you were playing DOTA 2 instead where Valve doesn't fuck things up that Riot does.
    Who ever was putting together the sales the past few years is gone. Hippalus didn't know the sale was because of Black Friday, he just thought it was a sale because the skins were being retired.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about Black Friday and when they have a sale. As long as there is one and I can buy the skins I want, I'll be happy. Stupid day anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it's an American based game doesn't mean it needs to have every Murican thing.
    Bloody hell.

I saw no Turkey Skins, why aren't they moaning about that... but then again some probably did.

Riot are greedy, I agree.
    But they aren't greedy just because they didn't put things on sale like other US companies did.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 04:03 PM ----------

Reading this Reddit thread is like stabbing my eyes into nails.
    It's so stupid.

These people are so arrogant, and the definition of scum.
    GOD. No wonder I always avoid Reddit until its for a AMA.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Riot is greedy? Really? What is EA then? or Activision? Activision CEO convinced me he is ready to sell anything for more money, anything at all
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Riot is greedy? Really? What is EA then? or Activision? Activision CEO convinced me he is ready to sell anything for more money, anything at all
    I'd say Riot is one of the least greedy, if not the most. It's a 100% free game, unless you want to be specialized. All big name companies are extremely greedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what now ? tribunal is free work :/ ? I'll continue tribunal but still I miss a lot the extra IP reward
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    So what now ? tribunal is free work :/ ? I'll continue tribunal but still I miss a lot the extra IP reward
    Yep, there's no more reward from Tribunal other than e-peen with your Tribunal rating.

See also: Nexon America.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Man, calling the company running the game with -best- F2P system in the world, ever, "greedy". What's next? EA for consumer-friendly company of year?

I don't get this whole "greedy" thing.

If wanting to maximise your profit and returns for minimum effort is greed, then almost every company and person in the world is guilty of this, so why do we rant on about it in some circumstances, and turn a blind eye to it in 99% of other cases? o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Greed... Really a way of saying you're jelly that they have more money than you. So what, they are filthy rich... They earned it so it's theirs and as long as the consumer is there, they earn more. They aren't greedy, they are a business.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I don't get this whole "greedy" thing.

If wanting to maximise your profit and returns for minimum effort is greed, then almost every company and person in the world is guilty of this, so why do we rant on about it in some circumstances, and turn a blind eye to it in 99% of other cases? o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Greed... Really a way of saying you're jelly that they have more money than you. So what, they are filthy rich... They earned it so it's theirs and as long as the consumer is there, they earn more. They aren't greedy, they are a business.
    The problem is when a competitor (in this case, Valve with DOTA 2) one ups them, and everyone expects them to match or better them. People see DOTA 2's Diretide event and expect Riot to follow suit. And Valve's TI2 ran without any catastrophic failures that occured in the LoL S2 Championship, and then people rag on Riot for their epic fails.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is when a competitor (in this case, Valve with DOTA 2) one ups them, and everyone expects them to match or better them. People see DOTA 2's Diretide event and expect Riot to follow suit. And Valve's TI2 ran without any catastrophic failures that occured in the LoL S2 Championship, and then people rag on Riot for their epic fails.
    Well I mean they had millions of people watching it. I don't think an internet stream in general gets even into 100,000+ very often either. That's far different.
    Hey everyone

Or people could realise theres a whole world outside of America and a January sale is a far better plan than a sale on a day half the world hasnt even heard of?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's something that would be lovely to have and wouldn't take much effort. It's just one of those "Wait, really? You're not doing it?" Considering Riot is a NA based company and they did a Black Friday sale last year, people are surprised that it's not happening this year. Forgetting to have a sale on Black Friday is like forgetting to stock Turkey's during Thanksgiving. Like why the fuck WOULDN'T you? While Riot has promised to have a sale in January, by then most people will have spent money for Black Friday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year.

Also no Anniversary Event, Halloween Event, or Black Friday sale now kinda makes me sad now that I think about it. Skins are cool and all, but I would have loved a LoL equivalent of the Diretide.

@ Duronos: The whole internet thing with the WC was already addressed plenty of times. While the number of views was high, Riot had all the preparation and resources they needed to host a clean and well run tournament laid out in front of them. They didn't, and that's all there is too it.

@ Caine. I would hardly call this the best. Just because it works doesn't mean it's amazing. While it is still F2P, the incentive to buy and the advantage it gives over someone who just doesn't and grinds is pretty ridiculous at some times. I still prefer Dota 2's F2P model, where everyone is on the same playing field and the only thing you can buy are cosmetics. That should really be the only thing you can buy honestly IMO.
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2012-11-22 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Or people could realise theres a whole world outside of America and a January sale is a far better plan than a sale on a day half the world hasnt even heard of?
    Oh you.....goin on with all that....makin' sense. Who knew Black Friday wasn't an international holiday? ~_~