10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Or make Flash only useable outside of combat.
    Or make it share CD with other summoner spells. There is plenty of decisions but they still keep this skill that allows sloppy gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Without Flash some (well, loads) of champions would get massively fucked in the arse, twice. It's an annoying spell, but on the other hand it can also be used for some beyond epic stuff.

Flash is good.

Deleted
    Yesh, and claiming that it allows people to act sloppy all the time while it's ready is heavily oversimplifying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Without Flash some (well, loads) of champions would get massively fucked in the arse, twice.
    I'd agree if Dota 2 didn't exist. In that game, you can just buy items you need to shore up your weaknesses.

I wish Riot would do that too, and remove Flash. It's a pretty stupid thing to have.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    so after 3 pages of this, no one has said the main reason mid lanes dont take clarity, these are the normal summoners for the lanes
    top flash,tp
    mid. flash-ignite
    jung- smite-flash
    sup flash exhaust
    adc- barrier/cleanse-flash
    realisticly speaking mid lane is the only lane with the ignite, oh ignite who cares its only 450 damage, but it also provides the healing reduction which is so needed now a days, and to further the points of everyone here you dont need to spam your spells to clear waves its not that difficult, at level 7 my first b on ahri i buy 2 wards 1 needlessly large rod 2 health 2 mana pots, at this point my q will one shot entire waves of minions for the price of 50 of my 768 total mana pool, with blue i can get ballsy and even use my w to clear the seige minions if i want, if you play like every xerath and ziggs where you just sit and spam all of your shit hoping to zone your champ out of lane then we have an issue. buy s chalace

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    so after 3 pages of this, no one has said the main reason mid lanes dont take clarity
    It doesn't matter if there is a main reason or not. Several were given and should be more than enough to convince people that taking clarity if is a bad choice over ignite/exhaust.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It doesn't matter if there is a main reason or not. Several were given and should be more than enough to convince people that taking clarity if is a bad choice over ignite/exhaust.
    Mahad I'm in complete agreement clarity is bad no matter the circumstance

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    Mahad I'm in complete agreement clarity is bad no matter the circumstance
    I disagree. I only use it on Veigar, though. I believe that if Veigar can hold his first recall until after he either kills or harasses his mid opponent back twice, he's gonna win the lane and stomp any other APs out there all game. Clarity is the only way he can even hope to stay in lane much past level 6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I disagree. I only use it on Veigar, though. I believe that if Veigar can hold his first recall until after he either kills or harasses his mid opponent back twice, he's gonna win the lane and stomp any other APs out there all game. Clarity is the only way he can even hope to stay in lane much past level 6.
    Why do you want to stay in lane forever? Do you want their jungler who bases more often than you, with new items and better ones, to gank your lane? And then you die because you had boots with some pots or a doran's and 0 wards?

Edit: Same thing applies for the champ you are fighting against, if you force him out of lane, he's always coming back with more items than you, putting you at a disadvantage.

You don't need to stay in lane forever without recalling, not recalling and staying forever is bad. And yes, he can stay in lane till 6 or a bit after without clarity. Just learn how to manage your mana.

But since it's veigar, I'd base sooner and just get a chalice after.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-07-31 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Veigar does not need clarity and he is a BURST caster. He wants Ignite and nothing else. His combo isn't strong enough to kill people at the early levels without ignite so not having it is basically saying "Please walk all over me because I cant kill you".
    This too.

15+ Year Old Account
    If flash was removed, anyone playing the game in a semi-serious manner would choose only champions with escapes / gap closers / wall jump abilities.

That is bad, because those champions are already largely picked as is.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Regardless of that, Veigar's passive IS a Chalice so
    Get Chalice to surprise the enemy.
    They'll never expect TWO chalices!

I sometimes drop flash as veigar.

That said, I'm not in ranked games yet. I'm only 19 atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Regardless of that, Veigar's passive IS a Chalice so
    Two is better than one on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Get Chalice to surprise the enemy.
    They'll never expect TWO chalices!
    No one ever expects two chalices!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I sometimes drop flash as veigar.

That said, I'm not in ranked games yet. I'm only 19 atm.
    Yeah, that's bad. Veigar of all champions really needs flash to get away because if his stun is off cd, you're pretty much dead, some times even if you have your stun up, it's not guaranteed to stun every target that is chasing you, you know.

Unless it's a 1v1 situation where you nuke the other guy first assuming he isn't a tank/tank-y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's bad. Veigar of all champions really needs flash to get away because if his stun is off cd, you're pretty much dead, some times even if you have your stun up, it's not guaranteed to stun every target that is chasing you, you know.

Unless it's a 1v1 situation where you nuke the other guy first assuming he isn't a tank/tank-y.
    Until the enemy picks Talon with Cleanse specifically because it's Veigar mid. Cleanse, E, WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW VEIGAR!
    ...Yes, I am evil, stop laughing.

- - - Updated - - -

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...22331#40313018

Called it. No Lucian this patch. I knew it was odd they left him out of the patch notes.

Deleted
    Oh god those people whining about 2 months between champion releases

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    I mean there is no way to say this without sounding like a jerk- so I apologize, but you think clarity is good because you are in Silver 5.
    No, I'm average, which makes me Silver 5.

I mean if you continue to use clarity you ARE NOT going to beat a guy with ignite or exhaust. It’s just bad advice.
    There's been plenty of times where I've beaten "the guys" with Ignite/Exhaust simply because I've got more sustain or higher output.

But if you want to be in diamond, you won’t use clarity as a support.
    Hypothetical biassed situation aside, I don't want to be in Diamond, as I clearly don't belong there (if I did I'd be placed in Gold 5).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    No nothing in your previous posts about how you main Swain.
    Nothing in your previous posts about how you main Swain either.

Can we stop playing Guess Who now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Anyways, exhaust basically shuts down AD carries,[...] exhausting a tristana or vayne late game is absolutely devastating to their damage.
    Positive point about Exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    And now what does clarity do in this position. It gives you mana. [...]Yes you will eventually go oom, but by then it's probably time to recall and refresh your sight stone/get more wards.
    Negative point about Clarity.

Now, how about balancing your argument with a negative point about Exhaust and a positive one about Clarity? Exhaust is near-useless against Ezreal (mentioned above) in the same way that Clarity is useless at shutting down ADCs in a team fight, and Clarity can give you the extra push to do something once your mana has been expended, such as Ezreal's blink, Sona's ult, and so on, whereas Exhaust is far less reaching when an ability would give you an out (especially given its cooldown, as you said, Clarity won't always be up and neither will Exhaust).

It disappoints me that I get so much flak from people that will only present an argument and ignore the obvious counterargument. It's happened time and again.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I will give a mission for the Clarity-supporters now:

Explain why higher ranked and/or professional LoL players never take Clarity.

If you can give a solid explanation for that, color me impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you mean everyone has flash by default? Instead of having two summoner spells you have now three except one is already a given? I'm not sure if that's what you're saying or not.
    http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...&league=ranked
    http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...&league=ranked

Flash is taken 92.4% of the time in Solo Queue and 94.4% of the time in 5v5. The only time I don't run Flash is on my jungler (Ghost/Smite). Flash is pretty baseline as it is and I wouldn't mind it becoming mandatory for all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Explain why higher ranked and/or professional LoL players never take Clarity.
    Because Clarity is slightly weaker than the other summoner spells and high-ranked and pro LoL players min-max their champions.

- - - Updated - - -

"Syndra has been temporarily disabled due to a bug that causes her to deal damage to allies."

Syndra kills her ADC Caitlyn because Scatter The Weak is dealing damage to everyone.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Because Clarity is slightly weaker than the other summoner spells and high-ranked and pro LoL players min-max their champions.
    It's not "slightly" weaker, it is significantly weaker.
    I can think of a lot of moments where I thought "Man, I wish I had Ignite right now, I could finish off this kill" or "Shit, why didn't I take Barrier? I could've survived this". But I have NEVER, I repeat, NEVER had a thought of "Man I wish I had Clarity right now so I could finish off this target". Why? Because Ignite is the same thing and guarantees the kill instead of giving you a chance of getting said kill. You wanted to escape? Might as well have taken Ghost instead of Clarity. You wanted to survive and had Ignite? Barrier/Heal would've done the job better than giving you mana. This isn't bias against Clarity, this is experience speaking. I have around 2600 games played and never wished for taking Clarity instead of an other summoner spell.