Quote Originally Posted by Haldurion View Post
    Is there any champion that is a soft transition from ranged dps to melee dps? I absolutely sucked as Akali.
    Galio (even though he is a tank), maokai (same as galio), maybe mordekaiser. Galio and maokai both have ranged attacks and are tanky, so more forgiving on taking damage, and mordekaiser has a good poke and is very safe. I say this only for getting used to melee, I would not recommend them as bruisers, as they are tanks (depends on how you play morde I guess)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldurion View Post
    Is there any champion that is a soft transition from ranged dps to melee dps? I absolutely sucked as Akali.

Gangplank. His Q burst is a ranged attack even though he's a melee fighter. And he's *pretty* easy and strong atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdothot View Post
    Gangplank. His Q burst is a ranged attack even though he's a melee fighter. And he's *pretty* easy and strong atm.
    You mean get IE
    Get PD
    Press Parrrley
    ????
    Quadkill easy

Yes I went there.

Anyone notice that Janna's tornado is stronger? At rank 4 with only 60ish AP, I am able to take down a full wave of minions with one tornado.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    You mean get IE
    Get PD
    Press Parrrley
    ????
    Quadkill easy

Yes I went there.
    You mean like any physical carry would if let farm?

Do Lanewick count as AD Melee, or do he walk into the AP Melee field?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Do Lanewick count as AD Melee, or do he walk into the AP Melee field?
    I think AP Melee, though later on he's just kinda "tanky nuisance and CC"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    You mean like any physical carry would if let farm?
    Today when I played with Riathy, people complained that all I had to do was right click to win...as Twtich...with over 20 kills xD
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

After that I played twitch and Musra had Janna. (First game I had Alistar)

And we lost horrible :< I died so much! think I had something like 12-8-2...

Our start was awesome though (on both games!)

On the subject of GP: There is a very easy way to tell the difference between a good GP and a bad one. The bad ones will use parrrley at the start of a fight, then back off and wait for it to come of CD. A good GP will wade his pirate ass into the team fight and start whacking those squishies. Those oranges and that steroid make GP an AMAZING team fighter, and his ult doesn't hurt either. Parrrley may be GPs trick, he is still a powerful melee carry. To bad hes getting ANOTHER nerf next patch Q.Q (but so is Poppy so It's k [Riot ezreal in some post on the forums mentioned it]).
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    On the subject of GP: There is a very easy way to tell the difference between a good GP and a bad one. The bad ones will use parrrley at the start of a fight, then back off and wait for it to come of CD. A good GP will wade his pirate ass into the team fight and start whacking those squishies. Those oranges and that steroid make GP an AMAZING team fighter, and his ult doesn't hurt either. Parrrley may be GPs trick, he is still a powerful melee carry. To bad hes getting ANOTHER nerf next patch Q.Q (but so is Poppy so It's k [Riot ezreal in some post on the forums mentioned it]).
    They haven't really done anything to his damage since the Raise Morale nerf and nobody starts crying that his "damage" is OP until he gets a slow like Parrley adding his passive increased his damage tenfold.

Sure, he can hit for 1k Parrleys every 2-4 seconds but ranged physical carries can hit for 600 crits constantly through armor, lifestealing through thornmail and usually with some form of escape ability too. GP SO OP, OMG.

They haven't really done anything to his damage since the Raise Morale nerf and nobody starts crying that his "damage" is OP until he gets a slow like Parrley adding his passive increased his damage tenfold.

Sure, he can hit for 1k Parrleys every 2-4 seconds but ranged physical carries can hit for 600 crits constantly through armor, lifestealing through thornmail and usually with some form of escape ability too. GP SO OP, OMG.
    I quite agree. It's also some of the attention he got from being moved up to number 3(I think) in T1 on elementz. The slow IS powerful, but really only in early/early-mid game. Once the real genocide teamfights start, no one is running, and the speed drop loses how noticeable it is. GP runs into a strange category of melee carries: melee nukes. He hits hard with his q, but his scaling for AS and AD is lower than other melee carries, so he does less damage in straight up fights. He also has no form of passive self healing, like most (but not all) melee have. I really hope the nerfs come in at his oranges healing (but if they remove the cc clear so help me I will slaughter a kitten or something else cute and fluffy) or MAYBE a decrease in his ult size (which with indirectly buff its damage because more cannons would hit people).
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.

udyr or warwick? i do mainly 3s but i will eventually move onto 5s

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    udyr or warwick? i do mainly 3s but i will eventually move onto 5s
    Udyr. Warwick is good as well but I just feel like Udyr is a blast to play. Plus you don't have to rely as much on your ultimate because Udyr doesn't have one. Idk I just feel like he's more engaging.

AP Janna is fun as hell. I was yelled at for not getting more "support" items, but I built her like I would build a Veigar. Boy did she own some faces with that tornado. Her shield was just massive as well, blocking over 700 damage.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2011-08-14 at 11:46 PM.

Uhh nothing beats Pwndalee. Im just in love with her. Awesome playstyle, javelin-tossing, couguar, large heals... It's awesome in late game to watch this Ashe run away in terror straight to the base because she got hit by my javelin behind her turret for over half hp. It's awesome to see this ad carry getting low and healing him, and then watching him owning the arses like there's no tomorrow. And the couguar... the most unique thing in LoL. Like two champions in a one. LOVE. HER. (and her Pharaoh skin rocks!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Uhh nothing beats Pwndalee. Im just in love with her. Awesome playstyle, javelin-tossing, couguar, large heals... It's awesome in late game to watch this Ashe run away in terror straight to the base because she got hit by my javelin behind her turret for over half hp. It's awesome to see this ad carry getting low and healing him, and then watching him owning the arses like there's no tomorrow. And the couguar... the most unique thing in LoL. Like two champions in a one. LOVE. HER. (and her Pharaoh skin rocks!)
    Yeah I picked up Nidalee at around lvl 20 and loved her Too bad she can't *really* fill up the roles she's supposed to play now since if you jump in with cougar you can get cc'ed to easily... but she's a fun champ nonetheless.

...(but so is Poppy so It's k [Riot ezreal in some post on the forums mentioned it]).
    Poppy gets nerfs? Why? I don't see her played in 5's... is it because of Twisted Treeline? She is strong there, yes...but not "omg nerf her strong"

Deleted
    I quite agree. It's also some of the attention he got from being moved up to number 3(I think) in T1 on elementz. The slow IS powerful, but really only in early/early-mid game. Once the real genocide teamfights start, no one is running, and the speed drop loses how noticeable it is. GP runs into a strange category of melee carries: melee nukes. He hits hard with his q, but his scaling for AS and AD is lower than other melee carries, so he does less damage in straight up fights. He also has no form of passive self healing, like most (but not all) melee have. I really hope the nerfs come in at his oranges healing (but if they remove the cc clear so help me I will slaughter a kitten or something else cute and fluffy) or MAYBE a decrease in his ult size (which with indirectly buff its damage because more cannons would hit people).
    Removing his orange without giving him a gap closer would really kill him, maybe it's one of those nerfs like they just gave Jarvan, you know, a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdothot View Post
    Poppy gets nerfs? Why? I don't see her played in 5's... is it because of Twisted Treeline? She is strong there, yes...but not "omg nerf her strong"
    To be honest, I think it's because she's a bit too strong if let farm. She can 2-hit carries that have defensive items without your team being able to do anything and after that, she can at least damage the rest a bit before being damaged so it's effectively a 4v5 if it gets to lategame and you haven't shut her down hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    To be honest, I think it's because she's a bit too strong if let farm. She can 2-hit carries that have defensive items without your team being able to do anything and after that, she can at least damage the rest a bit before being damaged so it's effectively a 4v5 if it gets to lategame and you haven't shut her down hard.
    You could be right... though I don't feel that she's THAT powerful... she can be countered by banshees and if you have positional awareness she can't get her second nuke (and the third, possibly) on you anyway. Also, farming with her is as hard as one-heal heroic bosses with a resto-sham (no offense here, just trying to make a point) in a normal game.

*heads off to play her again*

You could be right... though I don't feel that she's THAT powerful... she can be countered by banshees and if you have positional awareness she can't get her second nuke (and the third, possibly) on you anyway. Also, farming with her is as hard as one-heal heroic bosses with a resto-sham (no offense here, just trying to make a point) in a normal game.

*heads off to play her again*
    The problem is, even with a banshees, she can still target your support with her ult and demolish one of you team. She has a speed and defense steroid on a short CD, that can also be stacked up passively, her passive makes her take as much damage as a tank, she deals a solid % of your life with her DB, and she can initiate with her push. All of this combines to make her a proverbial train running through a proverbial children cancer hospital. The kids ain't got a chance in hell. They are planning on buffing her early game and lowering her burst, but increasing her sustained by a lot. This also comes with a late game nerf. Similar to whats happening with LeBlanc.