It'd sorta be RPS kinda. Veigar would 1 shot Nasus (the ult would do over 12k in that vid). Nasus has no health bonuses. Drop a stun, ult him. As long as you kept him out of range, you win.

BUT, Sion would have much more than that, so he could kill veigar because the rest of his spells don't scale enough to burst ludicrous health down. Nasus might though. If he has Kitae's x6(assuming it's ARAM map) that's 15% of target's max health per hit and +240% attack speed. Couple in siphoning strike and you should win.

Thresh... meh... the rest have way too much burst but if thresh hits a hook and a flay, he might get veigar or nasus down but not gonna get Sion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipster View Post
    Any tips on how i should build my riven in Normal 5v5 and dominion?

I tend to die a lot in the top lane, early in game. But what i have seen in recent games is that i do better if i go after defense items first.
    Anyways i'm still fairly new to LoL, what would an ideal buy order be based on an average encounter?
    -
    What i was doing the last couple games in dominion was start working toward a Randuins with a few Health potions, and then get a brutilizer.
    Riven is the kind of champion where you pretty much need to snowball, and you do that by murdering the shit out of your lane opponent and building almost only damage items(AD and CDR, so Bloodthirster, Brutalizer/Cleaver, Last Whisper, Ionian Boots), possibly with a Hexdrinker if you're having trouble with magic damage, but never full tank.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Riven is the kind of champion where you pretty much need to snowball, and you do that by murdering the shit out of your lane opponent and building almost only damage items(AD and CDR, so Bloodthirster, Brutalizer/Cleaver, Last Whisper, Ionian Boots), possibly with a Hexdrinker if you're having trouble with magic damage, but never full tank.
    Best Riven NA actually never buys boots, so might wanna skip that, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Best Riven NA actually never buys boots, so might wanna skip that, lol.
    So just BT/BT/BT/BT/LW/BC as a full build? But I guess the reason he doesn't buy boots is that he can play well enough without them, which isn't necessarily the case for an average player. Not saying you should rush boots, just get them eventually.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    So just BT/BT/BT/BT/LW/BC as a full build? But I guess the reason he doesn't buy boots is that he can play well enough without them, which isn't necessarily the case for an average player. Not saying you should rush boots, just get them eventually.
    Afaik his build is red pot + health pots into double dorans, bf sword > BT, brutalizer, another BT, Last Whisper, and if it gets to really late game he makes black cleaver + hydra + zephyr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    I have to ask, why is top lane more complex? Is top lane the equivalent of the suicide lane in Dota 2?
    Not really. You usually suicide lane because you have a hero that can farm safely from a distance and you'd otherwise just have to sack the lane anyway.
    Top in LoL is almost always 1v1, mostly because trilanes are terrible. Sometimes there are 2v1s but you'll pretty much never face a trilane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    A Red thinks Nunu should lose his ability to empire(ult in a bush). I hate Reds that are out to kill fun.
    Apparently, it's hard to understand that a Nunu is going to try to do that when he runs into a bush.

Most Reds seem pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Apparently, it's hard to understand that a Nunu is going to try to do that when he runs into a bush.

Ryze, their CEO, is only Silver ranked. Actually got matched against him once. I know a few other big red posters have mentioned being at least Silver. There are no Bronze Red posters to my knowledge though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post

Most game developers of online games aren't exactly pro. That really isn't the point either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Live design, for the most part, is Platinum plus. Iirc, they have at least one challenger. Morgageddon is in Diamond II(-ish). It's not like -all- Rioters are bad at this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Ryze, their CEO, is only Silver ranked. Actually got matched against him once. I know a few other big red posters have mentioned being at least Silver. There are no Bronze Red posters to my knowledge though.
    Xin It to Win It (Bazner) is or was Bronze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Companies should hire all pro players so they can help make the game more competitive.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Isn't Tryndamere the CEO?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Companies should hire all pro players so they can help make the game more competitive.
    Thanks.
    They do talk to pro players quite a bit, both at player conferences and when asking them about specific reworks etc.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Isn't Tryndamere the CEO?
    Riot Games was co-founded by Brandon "Ryze" Beck, and Marc "Tryndamere" Merrill. Ryze is the CEO though, Trynd is the CMO.

Deleted
    You need people from all the spectra designing the game if you want a successful E-Sports crowd anyway. Give the game enough depth and complexity to keep the hardcore gamers satisfied, but keep it accessible enough so that even the Average Joe can play (and watch) the game and feel like they might someday reach the dream of going pro too. Probably the basis for why Foosball and such is so ridiculously popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    You need people from all the spectra designing the game if you want a successful E-Sports crowd anyway. Give the game enough depth and complexity to keep the hardcore gamers satisfied, but keep it accessible enough so that even the Average Joe can play (and watch) the game and feel like they might someday reach the dream of going pro too. Probably the basis for why Foosball and such is so ridiculously popular.
    Someone give this guy a medal or something, i`m losing my shit here! quick!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    They should just use the in game tips to tell the newer players the little things about the game instead of dumb stuff. Like the tip about towers doing increasing damage per shot is something a new player wouldn't automatically know, but can learn from reading the tips.

So instead of bs about the tribunal and stuff they should just have tips about certain things like that so new players can actually learn something useful from them.
    But then they wouldn't know that Nautilus his dance makes him fly. Or was it joke?!

DAMN YOU NAUTILUS.

Deleted
    Maybe I'll finally get off my ass for the sake of the victorious ward skins

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Yeah, ok.

I've got something to fight to gold for now.

Deleted
    Why did I get put in a game against 2 gold + 3 high silver who were all playing since at least season 2 in a placement match?

Talk about getting smashed..... ~6 months Vs 2+ years. GG.

Deleted
    31st October? Plenty of time to reach Diamond then!