Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I think it's really a matter of perspective.
    Well, generally speaking if a pro level game, or any game basically, goes over an hour there is something wrong. Especially if one team gets 5 barons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    Well, generally speaking if a pro level game, or any game basically, goes over an hour there is something wrong. Especially if one team gets 5 barons.
    I wouldn't say something goes wrong necessarily. Some teams (*cough* EG *cough*) were very good at drawing games out. The 5 barons tho

I think it's really a matter of perspective.
    Flashing into their support thresh with a crescendo with no one else near him is definitely a pro dodge.

Oh and the explosive casks either being sent entirely in the wrong direction or barely catching them, blasting them away is even more pro dodging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Define "wrong".

It's up to the team that gets the five Barons to push their advantage, and they clearly didn't or couldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Flashing into their support thresh with a crescendo with no one else near him is definitely a pro dodge.
    Just because Crescendo is an AoE doesn't mean it can't be used on just one person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Oh and the explosive casks either being sent entirely in the wrong direction or barely catching them, blasting them away is even more pro dodging.
    Regarding incorrect direction, you're allowed to misclick in LoL. And for knocking them away, it still forces enemy movement, which disrupts their formation.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Just because Crescendo is an AoE doesn't mean it can't be used on just one person.
    I suppose the point is that it could be used to shutdown way more important targets. I'm no pro but I'd guess Flash + Crescendo would be much more useful to force an engagement or stun carries/bruisers.

Deleted
    Define "wrong".

It's up to the team that gets the five Barons to push their advantage, and they clearly didn't or couldn't.
    Well, you basically answered that for me. If there is an 1 hour game, almost every teamfight must have somehow ended in both sides completely dying or the winning side simply doesn't know how to push. I mean yeah, sure you see some long games in low elo and such cause people don't understand that being ahead doesn't mean going to farm Wraiths after every time the opposing lane dies cause you need to show dem CS numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is an 1 hour game, almost every teamfight must have somehow ended in both sides completely dying or the winning side simply doesn't know how to push.
    The former is the most likely.

I still fail to see how that's "wrong".
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted

Deleted
    idk but I feel some of your games, specially having mobi boots, you'd be better off just running around with oracle's instead of all that pink spam. Unless there's a Rango or Eve or smthn running around I don't usually have that many pinks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    You're buying a lot of pinks. Lol.

I don't know if that many are good but you should use them when coordinating ganks with jungler at bot to clear bushes or tri bush, but you're probably buying too many pinks. I honestly have no idea since I can't see how long the games were.

Deleted
    I always ward a lot too, but I never need that many pink wards.

http://quickfind.kassad.in/profile/euw/SToneGolemmm/
    My match history is really sad right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you do.

Honestly, i don't like support of this kind, who spend all their money on pink wards, when there is no wards from enemy team, or they roam with oracle buff. Today i saw Lux on enemy team, who had two stacks of pinks in inventory and she wasted them, like, 6 or 10 by one fountain trip. Needless to say, she was really underfarmed, she had little to no supports, and was outleveled by everyone (9 players 18 level, she was 15 level). She had mobi boots and that's it. Ton of wards and mobi boots, and phylo stone at ~40 minute.

Good thing that we had out support running around with oracle and 3-4 wards, but he bought Locket and Frozen hearth, and participated in teamfights. When enemy team lost last fight (with Lux roaming at river and warding baron), enemy team asked s to report her, and she started defending herself with "no one buys wards", "omg, i buy wards why report me" and such. I don't know if she was serious, but i was very happy that i don't have her on my team
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I've asked cause I noticed i'm buying much more then other supports,
    I'm often the only one warding and at the moment I can't see any item to be better the vision on the map,
    people in silver seems to be awake enough to take advantage of this.
    I don't think that oracle and pink have the same use, maybe I'm wrong buy if not vs teemo or akali I'm not buying oracles before lvl 13.
    Well, at the moment is working, probably my best time since I started playing lol, I feel like I can make the difference as support in this way,
    also I'm in love with zyra, amazing peeling, good poke, good ulti, good push of the lane or clearing under turret to avoid dives, even if nerfed still has good dmg.
    Hope people don't start to ban her soon.

Deleted
    Thing is, you're wasting buttloads of money on pinks when you could just get an oracles, which does the same job, as in, clear wards, and use greens only for map vision.

If I had an oracles, I'd only get two pinks, one for drag and baron so anyone could clear it at anytime and that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, you do.

Honestly, i don't like support of this kind, who spend all their money on pink wards, when there is no wards from enemy team, or they roam with oracle buff. Today i saw Lux on enemy team, who had two stacks of pinks in inventory and she wasted them, like, 6 or 10 by one fountain trip. Needless to say, she was really underfarmed, she had little to no supports, and was outleveled by everyone (9 players 18 level, she was 15 level). She had mobi boots and that's it. Ton of wards and mobi boots, and phylo stone at ~40 minute.

Good thing that we had out support running around with oracle and 3-4 wards, but he bought Locket and Frozen hearth, and participated in teamfights. When enemy team lost last fight (with Lux roaming at river and warding baron), enemy team asked s to report her, and she started defending herself with "no one buys wards", "omg, i buy wards why report me" and such. I don't know if she was serious, but i was very happy that i don't have her on my team
    What division are you playing in?
    Btw I play with a full support masteries, and 2 gold items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Thing is, you're wasting buttloads of money on pinks when you could just get an oracles, which does the same job, as in, clear wards, and use greens only for map vision.

If I had an oracles, I'd only get two pinks, one for drag and baron so anyone could clear it at anytime and that's it.
    Don't know, 1 oracle is like 3 pinks, what u say is buy the oracle and 3 greens, instead of 3 pinks cause I don't want to loose map vision,
    is not only about protecting objectives, is about enemies that we can easily catch solo with 6 wards down all the time.
    1 oracle and 3 pinks is way more expensive.
    Of course if people helps me warding would be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    What division are you playing in?
    Btw I play with a full support masteries, and 2 gold items.
    Silver 1.
    When i support, i gp10 runes, masteries, phylo stone. I don't use pinks to ward, i use them to counter enemy wards (enemy warded river, or we have control over something, so, when enemy place ward, i can easily destroy it)
    If i see enemy buy oracle, i don't ward outside of bush and i don't use pinks anymore (enemy with oracle still can't see ward in bush if he is not in it as well, so you can bait enemy support into a trap with your wards).
    I just want to highlight that excessive warding is unnecessary and bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Don't know, 1 oracle is like 3 pinks, what u say is buy the oracle and 3 greens, instead of 3 pinks cause I don't want to loose map vision,
    is not only about protecting objectives, is about enemies that we can easily catch solo with 6 wards down all the time.
    Good luck clearing wards you don't know have been placed with pinks.
    After removing the death thing, Oracle's really is just ridiculously OP.

Deleted
    The problem here is that you aren't buying only three pinks, you're buying tons of them. It's unnecessary and with the gold you're wasting on pinks you could have bought an 8 minute oracles(two oracles basically), which in the end is probably more gold efficient than buying so many pinks.

Also, there's absolutely no point in getting pink wards too if you have oracles, unless it's one for drag/baron so others can clear wards there. Oracles combined with boots lets you clear a lot faster than pinking the whole map or where you think might be wards from the enemy.

Also, you don't need help with warding as of right now. Support alone can ward everything(as in, important places that you are going or your team is going/planning on going(this does not meat the whole map. Please don't be silly)), pretty much all the places without the help of others also needing to ward.

This is, during mid game to late game since you shouldn't be leaving your lane much during early game, so during that time, no, you can't ward everything and that is indeed up to your mates or jungler if he's getting couter jungled, though the latter you can help with.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-11-04 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Silver 1.
    When i support, i gp10 runes, masteries, phylo stone. I don't use pinks to ward, i use them to counter enemy wards (enemy warded river, or we have control over something, so, when enemy place ward, i can easily destroy it)
    If i see enemy buy oracle, i don't ward outside of bush and i don't use pinks anymore (enemy with oracle still can't see ward in bush if he is not in it as well, so you can bait enemy support into a trap with your wards).
    I just want to highlight that excessive warding is unnecessary and bad.
    Mmmm tanky supports or ranged?
    What other items do you build? aegis/frozen/etc?
    Usually when I play Thresh / Leona I need more defence so I buy less wards.

Deleted
    I know the temptation to ward a lot mate but you don't need to. If the enemy team is warding a lot just pick mobi+oracle's and deward dat shit.

And, at most, you can have enough vision with 3~4 wards. You don't need to ward every bush as long as you have vision to the entrances of the jungle. Ofc Baron vision helps too. Lots of people like to perma-pink dragon but don't do that, just get used to time dragon and you don't need to keep it perma-warded.

On a kind of related sidenote: I think I'll just try to get support every game until I can climb out of Silver. Idk but I feel it's so much easier to carry as support if the team just listens. We just had one of those games where we were losing really hard, like 5-17 at one point, and our mid was flaming sooooooooooooo much you wouldn't believe. I just kept trying to give directions and tell people what to do and they just listened, we just farmed hard and kept looking to get them out of position and we slowly did.

Their top was 5-1 and he ended 5-11 or so. We just kept vision to our jungle entrances and when we saw one of them come to try and steal a camp BAM. Eventually we got just got strong enough to team fight and when they decided to push our top inhib we did. Landed like my best Zyra's ult ever, I caught 4 of them and then managed to E+W their adc and mid. At that point I was just timing buffs, baron and dragon, etc and the team was listening and doing it perfectly. And best part? We did what Silvers never do! We had a bad engage, our mid and jungler died and when I pinged V the rest did disengage and back off completely. I feel proud :'), specially of our Riven top that got super flamed by mid and still ended up with 10 kills.