10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Pretty sure it's clear it's referring to anything that does AP dmg.
    I think it will work the same way as spellvamp works. It will increase damage on spells, regardless of type of damage it does. Why the fuck i want to land 3 auto-attacks as Veigar if i want to deal 3% more damage with my skills?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I think it will work the same way as spellvamp works. It will increase damage on spells, regardless of type of damage it does. Why the fuck i want to land 3 auto-attacks as Veigar if i want to deal 3% more damage with my skills?
    Indeed.

And yes, it's not really ideal for some champs because 3% isn't going to change much of their damage but eh, this is a good thing for early game at least since you'll be auto attacking minions and I guess any increase is better than nothing when you don't have much items.

Actually, nevermind. It's by attacking champions it seems so yeah, this is pretty futile on a champion like Veigar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed.

And yes, it's not really ideal for some champs because 3% isn't going to change much of their damage but eh, this is a good thing for early game at least since you'll be auto attacking minions and I guess any increase is better than nothing when you don't have much items.

Actually, nevermind. It's by attacking champions it seems so yeah, this is pretty futile on a champion like Veigar.
    This thing works only when you attack champions
    Spell Weaving (1 Rank) - Damaging an enemy champion with an auto attack increases your spell damage by 1% stacking up to 3 times. (Max 3% damage increase)

Well, 3% damage increase is not that big after all. If i'll get this on, for example, Rene, i will be able to dish out almost 15 more damage at level 3.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-11-06 at 07:03 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Indeed.

Isn't veigar exactly a champion where 3% is... quite a lot, given the potentially infinite amount of AP he has. Sure he has a small attack range but who knows... Cooldowns are ticking down and you may be in the thick of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Isn't veigar exactly a champion where 3% is... quite a lot, given the potentially infinite amount of AP he has. Sure he has a small attack range but who knows... Cooldowns are ticking down and you may be in the thick of it.
    Yeah, but Veigar that comes close enough to AA someone, will get AAed by someone else and will die horrible death. He needs to drop stun, meteor, ult and Q and disengage until his ass blasted away. Many AP champions can be compromised when they try to AA someone. Especially 3 times. But on the other side, Akali will love both these talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's essentially the new spellblade but covers more bases. Some casters, like Lux, can weave AAs in between spell casts for more damage. Indirect buff to that particular playstyle. It also ends up benefiting the AD casters as well.

Deleted
    Guessing it works on items like Static Shiv too, though the increase would be quite minimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    It's essentially the new spellblade but covers more bases. Some casters, like Lux, can weave AAs in between spell casts for more damage. Indirect buff to that particular playstyle. It also ends up benefiting the AD casters as well.
    Yes, but 3 AAs for 3% damage? I think this is too much. If it would be 3% damage for 2 AAs, it would be fine for me

Deleted
    Yes, but 3 AAs for 3% damage? I think this is too much. If it would be 3% damage for 2 AAs, it would be fine for me
    Well it's not meant to be good on every single champ. For Elise for example it's extremely deadly. Orianna AA's a lot. Lux AA's a lot. Akali AA's a lot etc, Diana, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is a mastery. They aren't supposed to be game-breakingly powerful. Just a small boost in the direction of your chosen playstyle.

And no, it doe not effect static shiv. It increases spell damage, not magic damage. Since shiv isn't a spell, it doesn't get the increase.

I'm pretty sure those are meant for people who auto-attack, so that they get some bonus to their abilities, rather than being for casters. That spellblade-mastery is still there, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I'm pretty sure those are meant for people who auto-attack, so that they get some bonus to their abilities, rather than being for casters. That spellblade-mastery is still there, no?
    So it is, but it's called Arcane Blade now. I missed that. Still would be good for a small boost in damage for the AP Casters who AA a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Well it's not meant to be good on every single champ. For Elise for example it's extremely deadly. Orianna AA's a lot. Lux AA's a lot. Akali AA's a lot etc, Diana, etc.
    On Lux this mastery will be uber shit. Lux is long ranged character, and she barely moves in to AA (excluding duels), and only way she will AA someone, is when she lands root+singularity(AA after root, pop up singularity) and ult. That's it, 1 single AA to get 1% more damage from ult.
    Off course you will be able to get 3% easily, but it will lead to high risk and almost no reward.

And remember, that many AA AP casters land their skills first, and then AA. Honestly, if riots wanted to make this mastery to benefit to casters, they should make it to have less AA required or make it to stack from AA on minions. Because like this it looks like bruiser mastery
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-11-06 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I feel like that mastery would make Lich Bane a reasonable buy on Orianna and Lux.

Actually, I think a reason casters would want those masteries isn't because of the spell damage from auto-attacking, but rather the extra auto-attack damage from casting spells. Especially those who benefit from auto-attacking between spells, like Lux, Orianna, Ziggs, and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I think a reason casters would want those masteries isn't because of the spell damage from auto-attacking, but rather the extra auto-attack damage from casting spells. Especially those who benefit from auto-attacking between spells, like Lux, Orianna, Ziggs, and so on.
    if you'll have 100 Basic AD on Ziggs, it will give you 3 more damage. Think about it.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-11-06 at 09:54 AM.

And if you're an auto-attacker who uses an ability that does 300 damage, you'll do 9 more damage.

Any way you look at it, they're not particularly useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I get a mastery that gives me +6 AD... I do 6 more damage before armour with my AAs.

It's hardly worth complaining about that Spellweaving mastery.

Additionally, it's clearly aimed at some of the heavy AA mages or hybrids. It'll be useful for Twisted Fate, Orianna, Diana, Akali, Teemo and the likes. Same with Kayle.

I think even a Gragas, Kassadin and Fizz can put it to good use.

Quick and rough overview, if they could use Lichbane, they can probably use this mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you're an auto-attacker who uses an ability that does 300 damage, you'll do 9 more damage.

Any way you look at it, they're not particularly useful.
    that's why i think this mastery is bad. It will put many players into mentality of "i need to stack it first, then use my skills" and because of it, they will put themselves in a situation, where they move in to AA and fucking die horrible death because they wanted to get +10 damage from next spell. At least, they could make it a mini-reverse-lich bane, that would increase damage of next skill after landing an AA by (1-2)%.
    Well, at least it's 1 point mastery, and it can be skipped. And i don't know its duration. If it's whooping 3 seconds long, it will be total shit
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-11-06 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'll be pretty pointless during teamfights. During laning phase, it'll come in handy.