Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Cant counter thresh with thresh

You can take Leona if you're confident enough. It's a skill match-up that favors leona slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider a combination of Karma, Zyra, Lulu and Nami. Oh, and Alistar.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Consider a combination of Karma, Zyra, Lulu and Nami. Oh, and Alistar.
    For who? Thresh? Zyra/Karma seem like interesting picks just not sure who they work well against

Deleted
    Cant counter thresh with thresh
    If you can't pick him then ban him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    More generally speaking, the current trinity is supposed to be Leona > Annie > Thresh > Leona, but personally I don't really agree with it. I fail to see how Annie counters Thresh pre-6, and I also fail to see how Leona gets countered by Thresh post 6.
    Thresh can Flay the E engage from Leona and you can lantern people out of her R (though you probably should add a Mikael's to be sure). Though I feel like Leona and Annie have way easier engages (and are easier to play) when compared to Thresh I just like his overall utility a lot more. Specially with this CDR build that people have been trying on him you can still do quite a lot in team fights. With 40% CDR you can just spam your Q for free stuns in point blank range and peel those pesky 300000 HP bruisers off your carry. Plus all the E spam. "On you go"

Deleted
    Yeah. Usually Morg seems strong vs Thresh. I mostly pick her to counter him.

As to Leona - Janna was good vs her but after the changes... she's not worth picking. Maybe try Nami?

Annie? Dunno... haven't seen her supporting for ages. EUNE here.

Also - I'm in love with SYNDRA SUPPORT. Yes, you're reading it right, SYNDRA SUPPORT xD Actually I'm rather suprised she's not picked more. Just remember to ban Yasuo xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    You can take Leona if you're confident enough. It's a skill match-up that favors leona slightly.
    Erm, Thresh is a massive pain in the ass for any leona really. His E makes your E kinda useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Morg is a pretty shit support after the laning phase is over though, unless black shield is more valuable than usual for some reason
    Why would you say that? Her value after lane isnt about her E its about her Q and R. Both of which can be very strong late games. Catching an opponent with that snare can be instant death for some champions and her R is great at protecting her carries or possibly even counter initiate once Zhonas is built.

Was hoping on a new sexy skin to hit soon , prayers got answered :

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8c4cZG9D1G...e_Splash_6.png

Dat Ashe

10+ Year Old Account
    For who? Thresh? Zyra/Karma seem like interesting picks just not sure who they work well against
    Zyra works well against Thresh.

Karma works well against Annie.

Alistar works well against Thresh / Blitzcrank (same reason as why Leona works pretty well - you don't care if you get pulled in)

Nami works well against Leona, because she is extremely telegraphed. A bubble on Leona + your AD carry = AD carry has move speed to GTFO and Leona can't continue her stun chain.

I can carry a team as top or adc but can't as mid, support or jungle.

I just don't have the ability to carry playing mid laners (I play Orianna and some other utility mages well but you need your team to not be idiots) and generally when I play support, I can get my ADC kills, but I end with horrendous stats (0/4/X kind of stats) and I'm worthless in fights unless I'm Annie (or possibly Thresh). I just can't jungle period.

I can easily carry a game as Jax, Nasus or Jinx though.

If you want to carry from mid, just learn to play assassins. Kassadin, LeBlanc, Talon and Zed are some good choices. Well... arguably, Kassadin isn't, due to his nearly 93% ban rate.
    I play the three first champs whenever I can, prioritizing them in the order listed above.

As for support, 0/4/X isn't bad, depending on the size of X, of course. You could learn Leona. The only thing you need to do with her in fights is to peel for your ADC or initiate and go nuts with your CC, depending on your team comp.
    I don't play Thresh, but I'd say you pretty much just have to do the same as with Leona.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Any disruptor support can work well against Leona/Annie/Thresh. Morgana, Nami, Zyra, Alistar (kinda questionable, but if you are good at playing him, you can turtle your carry)

Jesus christ i would love to see this game mode implemented to lol. Not like Nashor where you can just stand in everything bad and still kill it, but properly challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    If you want to carry from mid, just learn to play assassins. Kassadin, LeBlanc, Talon and Zed are some good choices. Well... arguably, Kassadin isn't, due to his nearly 93% ban rate.
    I play the three first champs whenever I can, prioritizing them in the order listed above.
    Interesting because honestly in my experience I would say the exact opposite. The easiest way to carry is to use ranged mids with great team fight potential. Ziggs, Gragas, Lux, Orianna, Brand etc (Ziggs and Brand are my personal favorite, a combined 22-7 record with them atm). Almsot all games I see Leblanc/Zed for example they lose because they dont have as large of a teamfight impact unless they just got fed early.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2014-02-06 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprisingly good game. I've got blitz support, he threw out only 5 hooks for whole lane phase. All of them followed up to kills. Fun fun fun.
    By the way, frozen mallet, omen, impaler, mercury boots and hydra is"full ad olaf report pls" now.
    Lol, skipped silver 3 division
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-02-06 at 03:23 PM.

Interesting because honestly in my experience I would say the exact opposite. The easiest way to carry is to use ranged mids with great team fight potential. Ziggs, Gragas, Lux, Orianna, Brand etc (Ziggs and Brand are my personal favorite, a combined 22-7 record with them atm). Almsot all games I see Leblanc/Zed for example they lose because they dont have as large of a teamfight impact unless they just got fed early.
    It's pretty dependent on your play style, honestly.

I like to play very aggressive and draw jungler attention to my lane. Being on a highly mobile champion with very high burst damage, I can often burst down their jungler or mid and get away. I also consider myself to be pretty highly skilled, mechanics-wise, making assassins pretty perfect for me.

But, I do think that assassins has an edge over 'standard mages', when it comes to carrying in solo queue. Assassins can more easily roam and help other lanes. Late game, they can make a fight a 5v4, by instantly bursting down the enemy ADC, mid laner or support.

Standard mages brings more utility and/or AoE damage to teamfights. However, if the other lanes have lost and you've been unable to help them, chances are that the enemy's fed ADC, support and top laner will have a much bigger impact than you in a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    So apparently Ocelote got a new sponsorship deal with Ozone ( http://ozonegaming.com/ ) and there's some sort of Reddit circlejerk forming calling him a sell-out and the such... But.. Why?

I mean, am I that old fashioned? I think it's smart of the dude to keep making money and keep his image going after he left the LCS. If anything I'd commend him. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had good experiences with both. I like assassins because you can just delete people off the map, making that current fight an instant 5v4. However, if you don't need to carry that hard because you have a decent team, more traditional mages can "carry" games through proper use of spells to control a fight and lock down important targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I've had good experiences with both. I like assassins because you can just delete people off the map, making that current fight an instant 5v4. However, if you don't need to carry that hard because you have a decent team, more traditional mages can "carry" games through proper use of spells to control a fight and lock down important targets.
    Just as an example. Lets say your Leblanc Im Ziggs. I realize I cant fight Leblanc so I stay in the back making it near impossible for you to really engage in lane. Now Leblanc to counter this would try and roam to apply pressure and get kills. Problem with this is, Im Ziggs. My wave clear is so much faster than yours, any attempt to roam will result in significant turret damage and loss of Leblanc cs, while I can still help the lane you are ganking if needed with ult while still being essentially by my mid lane.

Now its team fight time and lets say we are about even. Our front lines engage. Leblanc is a little behind hers and she has to make a choice here, does she use her dmg on the closest targets to contribute or attempt to make it past the enemy front line unscathed to reach Ziggs or the ADC. Going for the former is easier but far less effective as the tank/bruiser will most likely survive her combo. The latter would allow her to more than likely instakill but its far riskier as she puts herself in harms way not only from the bruisers who probably wont ignore her but the adc and ziggs. And from ziggs perspective he merely stands in the back chucking bombs every few seconds, doing splash damage to all nearby targets while out of harms way, and gets an ult that can chunk an entire team down at once. Anyone attempting to get close he can slow or knock away (them and/or himself). His contributions to overall damage will dwarf anything Leblanc is capable of.

I think its certainly easier to carry in terms of the scoreboard as an assassin but its much easier to carry a game as a true mage. Solo queue statistics seem to back up that claim as Leblanc/Zed have horrific win percentages while many of the true mages are some of the highest. The only "assassin" that is up there is Yasuo/Kassadin and thats cause theyre just broken if they get ahead in my opinion, Yasuo due to how bursty and tanky he is at the same time with the ability to wreck and entire team simutaneously with a good ultimate. And Kassasin because he is a close range aoe burst that is near unkillable without some form of hard CC to prevent him from constantly escaping retaliation. But good luck getting them in game their ban rates are both over 80%

I will end saying you can carry as anything pretty much if you are amazing or they are bad. So it really is playing what you feel you are the most effective with even if it isnt the most popular pick atm
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2014-02-06 at 05:32 PM.