Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    False premises don't help either.

Lichbane was nerfed. All champions relying on Lichbane were compensated for it. Twisted Fate, Diana, Fizz. Someone like AP Sona or Lulu did not.

Stop pretending that change had any impact.
    Kayle wasnt oddly. And shes not some trolly support gone mid either

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't consider it core.

Kayle needs a Nashor's Tooth. Lichbane is somewhat optional. (Especially seeing how around that time NT / Hurricane / Void staff build was the most prominent one).

Additionally, at the time of the LB nerf, she was too powerful and didn't need the compensation. Fizz or Diana barely saw play. (To be fair, Diana still doesn't, though the new jungle seems to be very promising.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Found my new favorite champ (only have around 40)

Vlad.

I love this guy. Took a while to get used to, but love the synergy of his abilities.
    Last edited by Sativex; 2014-10-16 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    Found my new favorite champ (only have around 40)

Vlad.

I love this guy. Took a while to get used to, but love the synergy of his abilities.
    A lot of fun to play in mid People want to play him top, but I think he's much better at mid nowadays with the amount of ranged and high mobility top champs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    A lot of fun to play in mid People want to play him top, but I think he's much better at mid nowadays with the amount of ranged and high mobility top champs.
    I've been pretty much playing top so far, I'll try mid next match.
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    I've been pretty much playing top so far, I'll try mid next match.
    Mid with no mana, huge sustain, good damage, good escape. Goes well against things like Zed and Yasuo

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a huge fan of Vlad myself...i played him a lot in S3.

I just suck as anything that isn't bot lane anymore. Every time I try to dust him off I get raped and swear I'll never do it again.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Vlad is such an awesome champ. You just have to make sure you don't get shut down hard early. End game he has no problems (he's a freaking monster). But, imo, pre-level ~9 is just a little weak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Vlad is such an awesome champ. You just have to make sure you don't get shut down hard early. End game he has no problems (he's a freaking monster). But, imo, pre-level ~9 is just a little weak.
    Yeah, even if you have a really, really bad start, if the game makes it past mid you can redeem yourself over half the time. My biggest problem was going to vlad from riven, I was used to being very aggressive, which does not work that well till lvl 9 on vlad. (unless your opponent is bad at their champ)

It's so much fun dropping an ult on 4 of them under their tower and walking away with 50% hp and a quad kill.

Not sure what most people build first, but the last week I've been having a really good time building Zhonya first(after revolver), even against ap users, it just fits her abilities very well.

I start boots, 4 pots, been using cdr boots and visage, finish off with raba and void staff and then upgrade revolver to wota.

AP Sona was fine after the Lich Bane nerfs. AP Sona is absolutely dead after the rework. She can't last hit in lane anymore because of her pitiful base AD and can't spam Q a ton. Her poke is pretty mediocre early now. She scales as well (one shot auto-attack) still, but her early lane got even weaker, if that were even possible.

I am convinced that the Sona rework wasn't to "update" her gameplay or make her more interesting. I am certain that a core part of her rework was to make sure that solo lane Sona would never become a thing like solo lane Lulu or Soraka.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    you do realise that most champ can "instagib" with full combo??

you just gotta respect fizz' power spike from levels as well as items (hes most threatening at lvl3)

LB is main item for fizz and tf they all got buffed to compensate for the nerf
    Fizz is one of those champions that has very little time to exploit him. He has the ability to practically instagib you at 3 then he falls off a bit until 6. Then he power spikes on items. So, in the game, you have about 6 levels in which you can actually deal with him without putting yourself at massive risk. He cannot kill you at 1 or 2. He isn't as strong as others at 4 and 5. He isn't excessively stronger than others after ult but before first item (Lich Bane or DFG), so between 6 and, like 10, you can win.

Buuuuut, you factor in that he has the ability to escape any targeted spell and jump practically the distance of the lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Fizz is one of those champions that has very little time to exploit him. He has the ability to practically instagib you at 3 then he falls off a bit until 6. Then he power spikes on items. So, in the game, you have about 6 levels in which you can actually deal with him without putting yourself at massive risk. He cannot kill you at 1 or 2. He isn't as strong as others at 4 and 5. He isn't excessively stronger than others after ult but before first item (Lich Bane or DFG), so between 6 and, like 10, you can win.

Buuuuut, you factor in that he has the ability to escape any targeted spell and jump practically the distance of the lane.
    His ability to instagib you relies on 4 spells:
    Ignite, quite self explanatory.
    Urchin Strike, his gap closer with 550 range (~basic attack) that deals ~80 damage at level 3 before mitigation
    Playful/Trickster, there is two ways he can use it (it will deal same damage anyways, it's around ~100 magic before mitigation), to dodge as much damage as he can while standing on top of you under tower/minions (giving you time to escape if he didn't use his flash/urchin strike, if he did you have a chance to evade almost all damage he can deal to you), as well as to evade all your damage when you try to all-in him. Or to use it as gap closer while dodging your shit
    Seastone trident, this one is tricky, at level 3 it gives him +10(+~10) magic damage on top of his 60 AD (after Qing you he will deal ~80 before mitigation) plus he applies a dot effect that scales with your missing health and it ticks right away, correct me if i'm wrong, haven't tested it closely (making it ~80 on hit, +~45 and +4 damage per 100 health missing), and this where all fun starts.
    If you engage good Fizz in basic attack range (~550) while sitting at 3/4 of health (implying you have ~600 health at level 3) at level 3, you will get:
    -A 100 damage hit in your face that applies trident passive and reduces your healing, applies the dot effect for ~20 damage right away and 40 more in next 2 seconds or until his next attack.
    -An ignite (110 over 5 seconds, 22 right away)
    At this point you are down to 300 health, he haven't even right clicked you, there is ~128 damage from dot effects coming in
    -he attacks you for ~60 AD and 20 magic + refreshes the dot (that will deal even more damage since your "missing health" pool is increased)
    -he jumps on his pole and lands on you right away for ~100 damage
    You are down to insignificant amount of health (less than 50) and he is up on your ass for an attack, that will probably kill you, if it won't, seastone trident passive will deal with you.

Sounds OPed, right, throw here some resistance and armour and you will have much better picture (he won't be able to all-in you when you are at 3/4 - 4/4 health) but he definitely kill you at half health. So, how can you deal with him? Don't give him free damage on you (creeps, tower, jungler), don't approach him at low health if for some reason you have taken damage from melee hero without retaliation (he won't be able to kill you when you are at full health, so if he tries to "harass" you with Q>E away, he is all yours for landing all your skillshots and damage abilities and you will outdamage him) and for gods sake, remember that his only way to get you is 550(and 1275 skillshot at level6) (and flash) range ability and use it for your advantage, don't try to hit him with slow skillshots (lol Morgana) at max range because you will be open for him to smack you, don't think that you will outdamage him EVER, remember that HIS Q PROCS EVERYTHING. It means that since he will buy lich bane, he will proc it from casting Q AND DEAL DAMAGE RIGHT WHEN HE COLLIDES WITH YOU (like Parrrley basically)

Sincerely your mid Veigar player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Messing around on a low account, started in Bronze 3 a couple days ago and now Silver 5 should be promos soon. AD definitely seems the easiest role to carry with at low ELO still. I've got a 100% win ratio on Ezreal with a KDA of 7 or something, he is a good choice because he isn't so reliant on team protecting him and he allows for more aggressive plays. Plus his ulti does work at this ELO where people just pile in on something. Hoping that this account will be Gold within a week, hopefully I can skip Silver 4 and 2 in my rise, my ELO should be going up fast with this win ratio.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Messing around on a low account, started in Bronze 3 a couple days ago and now Silver 5 should be promos soon. AD definitely seems the easiest role to carry with at low ELO still. I've got a 100% win ratio on Ezreal with a KDA of 7 or something, he is a good choice because he isn't so reliant on team protecting him and he allows for more aggressive plays. Plus his ulti does work at this ELO where people just pile in on something. Hoping that this account will be Gold within a week, hopefully I can skip Silver 4 and 2 in my rise, my ELO should be going up fast with this win ratio.
    I used Ez a lot in S3 when I was climbing through Silver-Low Plat. Haven't played him a lot recently since I just picked Corki in his place, but damn I'm surprised people forget how annoying Ez is in lane if you don't shove him early, tempted to dust him off and pick him up over Corki instead, miss using PFE, not exactly sure how to build him though. Do you go BotRK Triforce after the BT nerfs? Guessing it's better with the increased % health damage on hit and the self peel it gives with the active.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I'm noticing is that there are so many sleeper OP champions that nobody is playing because the pro's are like four patches behind in worlds playing that meta. To name a few: Viktor, Soraka (do I need to mention heals and that AOE silence), Azir (have to know what you're doing), Fiddlesticks (though he was played by Insec once), Gankplank (ult buff was really nice though he's nearly OP since it really depends on the player), Garen (the health regen changes really did wonders for him, played against a couple and I have to say he's quite a solid top pick), Lulu at support (she's back in the strong section again and more people should pick her up), MF (with health runes she can beat those awful ADC's like Lucian and Corki if played right).

With that huge ramble said, Soraka shines the most by a long shot. Her ability to just spam heal on the ADC over and over again while having a silence down so people can't use spells is terribly annoying. Avoid jungle teamfights against her, it's the same concept as avoiding Rumble in the jungle.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    She's on my perma ban list atm. Even if she wasn't exceptionally strong, it's just not fun to play against a Soraka.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    One thing I'm noticing is that there are so many sleeper OP champions that nobody is playing because the pro's are like four patches behind in worlds playing that meta. To name a few: Viktor, Soraka (do I need to mention heals and that AOE silence), Azir (have to know what you're doing), Fiddlesticks (though he was played by Insec once), Gankplank (ult buff was really nice though he's nearly OP since it really depends on the player), Garen (the health regen changes really did wonders for him, played against a couple and I have to say he's quite a solid top pick), Lulu at support (she's back in the strong section again and more people should pick her up), MF (with health runes she can beat those awful ADC's like Lucian and Corki if played right).

With that huge ramble said, Soraka shines the most by a long shot. Her ability to just spam heal on the ADC over and over again while having a silence down so people can't use spells is terribly annoying. Avoid jungle teamfights against her, it's the same concept as avoiding Rumble in the jungle.
    I've played a lot of Soraka lately, and I absolutely love it. She is in no way OP, since she can't selfheal other than with her Q, and spamming heals slowly kills her anyways. I got focussed multiple times in teamfights, died in no time (even with tanky build) and had my team stomped after. Other times I was ignored and we roflstomped enemies. It's all about focussing the right person. Especially in ranked (S1-G5) I've had a lot more deaths compared to normal games, simply because I got focussed a lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

She's on my perma ban list atm. Even if she wasn't exceptionally strong, it's just not fun to play against a Soraka.
    If you're on EUW you should play with me ;p First pick Soraka and trade and laugh as botlane becomes unbeatable (unless outnumbered 4-2 or something). I think out of my many Soraka games I've lost 2 or 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't like playing against a, say, Corki + Soraka lane. Dodge all the things!

The fun part is that it did open up a Bruiser + Soraka lane (you could have a Vayne / Quinn top, or a Trist mid). Those are brutal to deal with if you're not expecting it.

---

Question time: Which, in your opinion, are the strongest Red-to-Red junglers? I know Lee is pretty much king, but other than him?

Deleted
    I just don't like playing against a, say, Corki + Soraka lane. Dodge all the things!

The fun part is that it did open up a Bruiser + Soraka lane (you could have a Vayne / Quinn top, or a Trist mid). Those are brutal to deal with if you're not expecting it.

---

Question time: Which, in your opinion, are the strongest Red-to-Red junglers? I know Lee is pretty much king, but other than him?
    Lee Sin/Soraka bot would be crazy, holy shit.

What do you mean by Red-to-Red? Get red, gank red? I think Rengar, Lee
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2014-10-18 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Thinking of finally starting my placements.

Most silver junglers wouldn't have a clue how to deal with Red buff jungler invading them at their own Red buff.

Deleted
    Yup. Thinking of finally starting my placements.

Most silver junglers wouldn't have a clue how to deal with Red buff jungler invading them at their own Red buff.
    INVADING? Dude, that's some serious Platinum talk right there.