10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    And that is why I love people who pick Riven because she is "op", then they suck balls with her. Same with every Vayne player. Then 1 out of 10 actually knows what they are doing, and carries the game solo.
    Facts be damned I will never admit to her taking that much skill whether it's true or not.

With that said Annie requires next to none and if the enemy laner doesn't out range you then depending on the enemy champ there is a lot of outplaying involved to beat an Annie and even then. Made a bunch of snapchat stories about that champ last night, flash R = skill.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    And that is why I love people who pick Riven because she is "op", then they suck balls with her. Same with every Vayne player. Then 1 out of 10 actually knows what they are doing, and carries the game solo.
    It's true, sometimes we see clueless people playing vayne, darius and riven.
    I just had a match with a Darius player using the pull ability (E) on minions to farm. He ended up feeding a Riven 8 kills.
    But those champions on the hands of a decent/ normal person are extremely broken.

About Riven requiring skill because of animation canceling. That is bullcrap.
    It´s not mandatory to be a good Riven player. Animation canceling saves you about 1 second or less on the 3 Q's.
    It's not game breaking at all. It´s just a fancy trick and an excuse people come up to say Riven is not a Beast of a champion.
    Last edited by mmocb564611563; 2015-09-25 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    Facts be damned I will never admit to her taking that much skill whether it's true or not.

With that said Annie requires next to none and if the enemy laner doesn't out range you then depending on the enemy champ there is a lot of outplaying involved to beat an Annie and even then. Made a bunch of snapchat stories about that champ last night, flash R = skill.
    Indeed, she is easy after you've got the hang of animation cancelling. But there is so many who have seen people who master her, diving the turret and taking like no damage from it, so they try and die trying. Also they have seen Rivens going 1v3 and win, with like 50% hp left, they try - and die again. Same thing with Vayne players, they all got the mindset of "but the pros can do it?!" and then blames everything on 'luck' in /all chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Indeed, she is easy after you've got the hang of animation cancelling.
    You are one of the many players who believe to play a Riven you need "animation canceling". That is so much bullcrap.
    Half the people who say that don't even know what animation canceling is.
    It saves you about 1 second or less on the 1, 2 , 3 Q's combo.
    That's nothing compared to her kit.
    It's simply a fancy trick and an excuse to say Riven is hard to play.
    Last edited by mmocb564611563; 2015-09-25 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Punk View Post
    You are one of the many players who believe to play a Riven you need "animation canceling". That is so much bullcrap.
    Half the people who say that don't even know what animation canceling is.
    It saves you about 1 second or less on the 1, 2 , 3 Q's combo.
    That's nothing compared to her kit.
    It's simply a fancy trick and an excuse to say Riven is hard to play.
    "I had to play dozens of games to learn how to deal 70% of your hp during a single trade if you are unfortunate enough to play a melee champion, I deserve to do this dmg"

Same deal with Fizz, people come up with bullshit excuses for why he is allowed to 100-0 you every time you walk into lane after 6. Fizz and Riven are complete cancer for the game and need rework more than Poppy

So there's a bug with Devourer, which means there won't be any Master Skills and so on in jungle. This is amazing news, as it'll bring out other junglers for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saichotick View Post
    tl;dr - apparently shop buttons = anti christ

A curious question;

What would you say is the best picks for each lane? Mainly for soloQ, never played on a team.

I'd say for top, Trynda is a good pick if you like to just splitpush to victory. Or Gnar, because he counters pretty much any melee champion.
    Mid I'd go with some mage with good wave clear and harass. Like Xerath perhaps? Not very much of a midlaner, so I dont know much of it.
    Jungle I'd go for early game pressure. Vi comes to mind. Or even WW for that 100% secured kill after lvl 6. And the possibility to just lock down one of their carries late.
    Bot I'd go for Leona as support. Her early game is so good, and her late game is super strong as well. Or Karma for that god awefull poke + disengage.
    And for ADCs I'd go for Tristana or Jinx for their pretty decent laning phase, and very good lane pushing.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Trynda is never a good pick unless you are the last pick and enemy has some shit like Dunius or Nasus or whatever gimmick shit you can come up with. If you pick trynda you are going to face Fior, Gnar, Vayne or Quinn and get rekt.

Gnar is going to be outpicked (or morel likely outplayed) too.

For me the most safe pick for top is still Rene, regardless of who enemy picked up - up to level 4 it's my time, i can easily bully anyone away while getting farm, and if i get lucky with jungler ganks - i get to keep that advantage over any enemy, thanks to his E and huge frontal damage.

Xerath is not very good vs any "me jump on u" assassins, Diana, Zed, Talon going to mince you. I would go with Vel'koz, you still don't have much of an escape, but your E is easily to land on an assassin than Xeraths' E.

Yep, Vi is very solid pick for jungle.

I go Taric regardless of what enemy pick regardless of who i am laning with or facing.
    I go Twitch regardless of what enemy pick regardless of who i am laning with or facing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Honestly solo queue usually comes down to a few things imo. Is the pick you are doing safe and/or a counter? And do you know how to play it well?

If you said yes to both of those then go ahead and play it and you should have a high chance of winning. Making picks based on your team is also great but not entirely necessary. Xerath for example loves to stall out fights and force sieges. If they have a hard engage comp (Malphite/Amumu/etc) then he loses value unless your team has enough disengage to drag out the fight. So Xeraths value greatly depends on what the other team has and what your team has, if they cant safely engage your comp he is arguably the best mid to have since he is so oppressing with his constant long range damage. Nothing like getting their carries almost dead before they are even in range to attack.

And for Charge his supp/ADC are generally considered very sub-optimal but if he can play them well its a good choice. Players tend to focus too much on whats Meta and whats OP when most of the time (most not all since there are patches that make champs bogus) its who knows how to play their champ effectively.

I suppose if you did want to master someone picking a hard carry like Tryndamere, like Diana, like Master Yi, is good. Since once you get ahead you can almost win the game yourself

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm having trouble with positioning... i always seem to get caught out somehow. When a big tealight breaks out i seem to lose my champ in the fustercluck and end up dying lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can use spacebar or Y (iirc) to lock your camera during team fights.

Heimerdinger top. No one knows how to play against him, and if you get ganked, with a modicum of skill you will get a double kill.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I'm having trouble with positioning... i always seem to get caught out somehow. When a big tealight breaks out i seem to lose my champ in the fustercluck and end up dying lol.
    What roles do you usually play? It is a thing to get used to, trying to focus on what is going on around your champion (incomming skill shots etc), while not tunnel visioning too much. In the end it comes natural.

Great tips to picks here! What I tried to do was to make a 'list' of champions that perhaps new people can focus on. I remember when I started with the game I never knew what to play outside of my comfy supp or top pick, and it scared me. Now I can pretty much play every champion to some degree, not as good with some as with others, but ok on the ones I own (minus a few I just bought and played one game with to figure out I didn't like them).

To me Trynda is free elo. If they counterpick me, I just farm safely, use my Q to heal and stock up on potions/wards. Mid game I tell my team that I will splitpush. So if it looks like a fight is about to break out, ping like crazy and place down a ward. I will TP if I see the chance for it and help you out. If not stall them, and I get a turret or two free.
    After a couple of items I will most likely take them 1v2 if they try to stop me.

Had one game where I had 80% crit chance as Trynda (full rage), won the lane though so was miles ahead. Think I two shot their ADC.

In my opinion, and rating (high silver/low gold), splitpushing is the best way to carry a team. There is so many that don't know how to handle it. And as long as I take a minute or two to explain my team what I am intending to do, they seem to handle it rather well. Best part is if I pick Trynda, and the supports then understand allready in champion select that stalling fights is the key, and picks something like Janna or Nami to disengage their engages. Leaving me to push all the way in no time, as turrets melts.

Jax is also a good pick if splitpushing is your thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Heimerdinger top. No one knows how to play against him, and if you get ganked, with a modicum of skill you will get a double kill.
    I've heard of this, never seen it in action. Tempting to test it, though I most likely suck with Heimer, as I think I have played a total of 5 games with him

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually play a mage, either midlane or support. I try my best to stay in the backline, but you gotta get close to the action to do anything. Trying to balance just being close enough for my skills to have affect and far enough to not get picked off. People seem to always get me when i move in to do something.

However i think my problem could be that i don't use smart casting as they say its better you don't delay your skills or something. I dunno, maybe that extra split second seems to be enough for me to get CC'd and dead.

What is a good champ to practice getting into smart casting?

Deleted
    What is a good champ to practice getting into smart casting?
    Ezreal, Zyra, Brand. Anything with skillshots really.

I autocast everything as Gnar and Yasuo, although that might not be what you're looking for. Definitely Ez. maybe Mundo? You want something to practice on that doesn't revolve around skill shots but has some (obviously). Personally at the start of every match I will modify my smart casting depending on what character I play, and I think that's a very healthy habit to have.
    RETH

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I autocast everything as Gnar and Yasuo, although that might not be what you're looking for. Definitely Ez. maybe Mundo? You want something to practice on that doesn't revolve around skill shots but has some (obviously). Personally at the start of every match I will modify my smart casting depending on what character I play, and I think that's a very healthy habit to have.
    What so smart casting isn't something that should be on for every champ?

I got smart casting on every champion. Takes some to get used to, but after that it feels so much better to just press the ability, and not have to press your mouse button aswell.

Try it on champions you are used to from before, learn it on those, then try it with other champions later. I also have 'normal cast' binded to Shift+Q,W,E,R. So if there is some ranges I am not 100% sure of, I can hold in shift and see how far that skill shot goes. Same with trinket and 1,2,3 on use items.

10+ Year Old Account
    What so smart casting isn't something that should be on for every champ?
    The only two exceptions that come to mind are Rumble Ult and Viktor's Deathlaser. Even those could be done with smart cast. Possibly Veigar's Event Horizon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I smart-cast Viktor, it's faster once you are comfortable with the motion.

The best thing to practice smart casting is whatever you want to play lots of that requires it - since many projectiles are different speeds / lengths / widths / etc - practicing on Mundo won't really prepare you for Morgana. Practicing Ezrael won't prepare you for Diana, etc.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter