Deleted
    My god. I just have to vent this out somewhere.

I love playing Soraka. I really do. It's a nice spit in the enemy's face when you can negate their ability damage and zone like a monster early and mid game. But solo queueing as a support makes me want to quit the game. Carries with their thumbs up their asses (Yi mid?!) and mediocre tank = not good. Thank god I found 4 people to premade with. Haven't lost a game since. >

For Yi, what order of items should I buy? I really like his style, but I am conflicted on what to fit him with...

Ive only been playing less than a week now, and I am looking for another strong melee class. Ty for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    For Yi, what order of items should I buy? I really like his style, but I am conflicted on what to fit him with...

Ive only been playing less than a week now, and I am looking for another strong melee class. Ty for your help
    jungling or not? Its not MUCH different just your starting item. If your J you rush your razor and then get zerk treads and then finish off razor into wriggles. If your laning start with zerk treads then I find a zeal to be quite nice. after that its really your call i usually finish zeal into Phantom dancer then start building IE and BT just please for the love of league dont build PURE squishy.... get a GA or something or you wont last very long in a fight

Deleted
    Why would you build Zeal without any attack damage? The first item you usually rush as lane Yi is Yoomuus. Hell, nearly every Yi build use's Yoomuu's because it synergizes so well with your ultimate (as well as ghost)

anyone have experience with 3s? would wukong be a good buy over gragas?

Deleted
    DeBeNoPrMa, I usually play with Amumu, Jarvan, Lux, Anivia, Soraka and Nunu mainly

Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    Why would you build Zeal without any attack damage? The first item you usually rush as lane Yi is Yoomuus. Hell, nearly every Yi build use's Yoomuu's because it synergizes so well with your ultimate (as well as ghost)
    Thats a bit of what I was thinking, with his ultimate I should be stacking dmg/crit with some life steal thrown in? Am I totally incorrect in this thought?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Thats a bit of what I was thinking, with his ultimate I should be stacking dmg/crit with some life steal thrown in? Am I totally incorrect in this thought?
    I'd say you're doing it right. General rule of thumb: Attack speed items that give no damage, or if you have no damage items are a waste. I'd say you should go Yoomuus, Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer, Last Whisper, Banshee's, Zerker/Merc treads. (swap out items for how the games going, if they haven't got a lot of tanky stuff, but you're taking a lot of damage, consider an Atmas/Randuins.

I can only think of two characters that would benefit from pure attack speed early, but even then, it's weaker than damage. Those two being;
    Vayne (Her silver bolts)
    Kog'Maw (His W ability being like a mini bloodrazer)
    Last edited by mmoc9fada5a631; 2011-07-26 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the lane in my opinion. If you're playing as Ranged AD + Support bottom, it's generally risk free [...] it gives them the survivability to be able to compete mid-game, while building for late
    There must be something very wrong with LoL's metagame if carriers are able to farm freely.
    But I agree, with you go back to base with 4k gold is better to buy a Infinity Edge than Zeals.

Thats your opinion, if you arent a complete retard you will gain stacks. ^w^
    And if my opponents arent complete retardeds, they will remove my stacks. It's not a very good logic.

Stack items have a terrible stat per gold ratio when you buy them. If I can get kills with those items, it means that my opponents suck... so why not to buy a good item and defeat them?
    If my opponents are worse than me, I don't need those items to defeat them; if they are better than me, I won't get stacks. It's a lose/lose situation IMO.

Why would you build Zeal without any attack damage? The first item you usually rush as lane Yi is Yoomuus. Hell, nearly every Yi build use's Yoomuu's because it synergizes so well with your ultimate (as well as ghost) [...] General rule of thumb: Attack speed items that give no damage, or if you have no damage items are a waste
    Attack Speed and Critical Chance have better damage per gold ratio than Attack Damage, even in a "naked" champion. But I agree, Youmuu's is awesome on Yi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    There must be something very wrong with LoL's metagame if carriers are able to farm freely.
    But I agree, with you go back to base with 4k gold is better to buy a Infinity Edge than Zeals.

And if my opponents arent complete retardeds, they will remove my stacks. It's not a very good logic.

Stack items have a terrible stat per gold ratio when you buy them. If I can get kills with those items, it means that my opponents suck... so why not to buy a good item and defeat them?
    If my opponents are worse than me, I don't need those items to defeat them; if they are better than me, I won't get stacks. It's a lose/lose situation IMO.

Attack Speed and Critical Chance have better damage per gold ratio than Attack Damage, even in a "naked" champion. But I agree, Youmuu's is awesome on Yi.
    Isn't the assuming you crit substantionally enough?

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    You're talking about 1 carry getting babysat out of 3. It's just an efficient way of playing. You still have (the strongest meta game currently involves 2 AP carries and 1 AD) middle and top to gank

Veigar is nice, but really I play Veigar like I play pyromancer in HoN. Pk in rape some people and get out
    Sadly he is so squishy. Should wait with initiation but man the nuking power... it brings so much nuking power!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    It's so true.

And just to add to that:

The Riot Phreak champion spotlight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIVbLgmElvA

Deleted
    For all the beginners that ask for guides:

www.mobafire.com

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    I unlocked Jarvan and Lee Sin lately but found out that with Lee's ulti is almost impossible to kick hero into other heroes Still fun champion to play with a lot of mobility. Where do you play after split and are you going to stay?
    Try to use Resonating Strike (Q, Q) on someone behind the hero you want to use your ulti on, either a minion or another champion. And then roundkick the hell out of your target to your team.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-07-26 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    For all the beginners that ask for guides:

www.mobafire.com

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 09:58 PM ----------

Try to use Resonating Strike (Q, Q) on someone behind the hero you want to use your ulti on, either a minion or another champion. And then roundkick the hell out of your target to your team.
    Thar or
    http://www.solomid.net/guides.php featured guides.

10+ Year Old Account
    I officially love Sona, she is amazing with her healing spell.
    Hey everyone

Had a blast with Wukong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    This is gonna be a pretty easy week, already started off on Singed going 11/0/19. Wukong is kind of annoying with that vanish spell but he's pretty underpowered from what I saw any kills he got were in a team fight never solo.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Wukong is very weak...according to Elementz

http://clgaming.net/board/board39-re...ing/#post21760
    His ultimate I think is weak, but in my last two games with him, I went 12 kills in one game and 11 kills in the other.