Quote Originally Posted by Qhara View Post
    A lot high ELO players are going to max W first to win trades.

It's becoming a trend when picking EZ
    Well this is Chaox take on leveling Ez skills

R -> Q -> E -> W

Get an early level in W only if you're laning against Vayne, since it's too big of a mana drain early on otherwise.
    But his guide hasnt been updated in a while. Personally Ive been playing Ezreal a lot in this freeweek and Ive never had issues landing my Q as a poke, its specifically good vs supports who hide in the bush, if you arent against Soraka you can literally force a support out of a bush and to just hang back with your Q. Once a support is low you can go for a kill, exhaust the AD and then you've got a 2v1 on the AD which you can either fight or back off from, AD carries on their own are ridiculously weak early game remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why you'd grab Ezreal if you can't guarantee some stream of mana at least. A lot of other champions do well without the mana support, but Ezreal (much like Graves) really benefits from some additional mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I don't see why you'd grab Ezreal if you can't guarantee some stream of mana at least. A lot of other champions do well without the mana support, but Ezreal (much like Graves) really benefits from some additional mana.
    Soraka is the only champion I can think of who guarantees a "stream of mana".

10+ Year Old Account
    There ya go

Though at times my support likes to grab Mana Manipulator to really bully the other lane.

Deleted
    So you're saying you would only ever choose Ezreal with Soraka?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily. But it helps to consider your lane composition rather than just picking whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    No, not "on anyone", it's not going to make much of a difference unless they're a rightclick bruiser or their AD carry. So great, if you get in a decent position you can bring down the enemy AD's attack speed but you're not going to do nearly as much damage, which is sort of your point.

1) When it costs way more mana than the alternative.
    2) When it has a way shorter range than the alternative.
    3) When it has worse DPS than the alternative.

Easier, yes. Superior, no. Maybe if you go manamune or you're running with a Soraka otherwise we can take skill out of the equation and just watch you oom yourself and even then I'll just be off poking you from further away than you can.

Yeah, why wouldn't you want the most efficient spell.
    2) I'm a bit used to DotA2 lately where AA are more important, but k, 2/3 champions out of 5 that rely on AD for their damage. That's pretty fucking good. Especially early/mid where they are likely to have not many core items. So great, you're in a position to severely cripple their damage and make their contribution to a teamfight much lower. When did I say that you max W solely for the superior damage it brings? I believe I had multiple points aside from damage as to why you max it.

3) 1) I've heard that managing mana is a thing. Just because it cost's more doesn't mean you shouldn't max it first.
    2) 200 range less. Oh no. So much shorter. It's not like there's a trade off where it's unblockable or anything. Oh wait.
    3) All that potential damage Q might do on your target? Tough luck, it got blocked by a minion or another champion.

4) Managing mana. It's a thing. You're also playing Ezreal. You should be used to hitting skillshots and not sucking ass. It really isn't difficult to hit a 900 range fast projectile skillshot that moves through minions. 900 range. That's pretty fucking long.

5) I know right? Why wouldn't you want to max out an ability that's easy to hit and pretty much shuts down the enemy AD in lane? Auto Attacks also exist for a reason.

His W has much better base damage and it increases by roughly 50 damage per rank (before AP is added), whereas his Q only increases by 20 per rank (Before AP and AD are added).

Also, considering his Q has a flat 1.0 AD ratio (and a 0.2 AP ratio thrown in so it's not completely useless in an AP build) you'll be getting less returns from the skill itself than you will from items. This means that you can actually maximize your damage dealing by maxing W first, even in an AD build. The 2 second difference in cooldown between rank 1 and rank 5 is almost negligible, as you're not very likely to land more than 1 Q on a single target at a time. You're going to hit lvl 9 with a 280 damage AOE ability that buffs allies and debuffs enemies. That's fucking huge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    2) I'm a bit used to DotA2 lately where AA are more important, but k, 2/3 champions out of 5 that rely on AD for their damage. That's pretty fucking good. Especially early/mid where they are likely to have not many core items. So great, you're in a position to severely cripple their damage and make their contribution to a teamfight much lower. When did I say that you max W solely for the superior damage it brings? I believe I had multiple points aside from damage as to why you max it.
    Not 2/3. 1/2 and this is assuming their bruiser is going to let you in range of their AD. Most team compositions don't consist of both an autoattack- reliant top and jungle at the same time.
    3) 1) I've heard that managing mana is a thing. Just because it cost's more doesn't mean you shouldn't max it first.
    2) 200 range less. Oh no. So much shorter. It's not like there's a trade off where it's unblockable or anything. Oh wait.
    3) All that potential damage Q might do on your target? Tough luck, it got blocked by a minion or another champion.
    1) So you're saying mana is irrelevant?
    2)Yes, it's unblockable but it's not like there's a trade off where it's 200 range shorter or anything. Oh wait.
    3)l2p issue etc etc.
    4) Managing mana. It's a thing. You're also playing Ezreal. You should be used to hitting skillshots and not sucking ass. It really isn't difficult to hit a 900 range fast projectile skillshot that moves through minions. 900 range. That's pretty fucking long.
    How is mana management going to make you regen faster? The most mana management you have to do is make sure you have enough to escape with E and that's it. You should also be used to not sucking ass and being completely owned by a guy just because he's sitting behind his minions.
    5) I know right? Why wouldn't you want to max out an ability that's easy to hit and pretty much shuts down the enemy AD in lane? Auto Attacks also exist for a reason.
    Yeah why wouldn't you want to max out an ability that is more effective DPS poking that shuts down the enemy AD and doesn't run you oom in half a second.
    His W has much better base damage and it increases by roughly 50 damage per rank (before AP is added), whereas his Q only increases by 20 per rank (Before AP and AD are added).

Also, considering his Q has a flat 1.0 AD ratio (and a 0.2 AP ratio thrown in so it's not completely useless in an AP build) you'll be getting less returns from the skill itself than you will from items. This means that you can actually maximize your damage dealing by maxing W first, even in an AD build. The 2 second difference in cooldown between rank 1 and rank 5 is almost negligible, as you're not very likely to land more than 1 Q on a single target at a time. You're going to hit lvl 9 with a 280 damage AOE ability that buffs allies and debuffs enemies. That's fucking huge.
    Q has a cooldown reduction built in on it. The AD ratio stays constant but DPS-wise it gets 33% more efficient by the time you hit max level. This is not negligible, it is a large buff to his damage.

Kurdiern is also forgetting that by maxing Q you can stack Ez's steriod faster, shorter CD on all things -> faster stacked passive.

Also are you seriously going to trade with Sivir and Corki because youve "slowed there AA by SOOOO much"? Corki would rip you a new one. If you cant trade with Q in lane you dont know how to play Ezreal, I suggest you play Caitlyn.

Deleted
    I max Q.

The reduced AS from W isn't worth it in the begin, you will miss so much more poke potentional by maxing W first because Q lowers CD and hits harder because it scales with AD.

You can show me maths and theories all you like, still going to max Q first.

Besides, Q is useful if you have to tower hug or shoot from range and still get some farm.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-07-22 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    I heard that riot made their own version of ARAM, can´t find it anywhere though, how do i play it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    I heard that riot made their own version of ARAM, can´t find it anywhere though, how do i play it?
    I think in custom, Proving Grounds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Less made, more ripped the tutorial map. It's for custom games only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Less made, more ripped the tutorial map. It's for custom games only.
    Seems to always have lag issues also. Makes for many not fun

Deleted
    Oh so its actually just normal ARAM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Kurdiern is also forgetting that by maxing Q you can stack Ez's steriod faster, shorter CD on all things -> faster stacked passive.

Also are you seriously going to trade with Sivir and Corki because youve "slowed there AA by SOOOO much"? Corki would rip you a new one. If you cant trade with Q in lane you don't know how to play Ezreal, I suggest you play Caitlyn.
    The difference in CD of Q's between levels is pretty irrelevant. A W can give you 3 stacks at once, so it can be just as fast to stack. Yes, I would trade with a Sivir after she has her AA slowed. She does kind of rely on them. Corki is different. I've been playing Ezreal for around a year now, and have had plenty of experience maxing both W and Q first. I think I know what I'm doing, thanks.

I'm done though. Obviously it's a different playstyle and some people don't like it, but maxing W has been much more effective than Q for me the past hundred games or so.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like you just suck with ezreal and are going for the more reliable but less effective method for playing him and getting pissy about it to other people to be completely honest.

W has been bad since the heal was removed and should be avoided whenever possible as a result.

Its good for getting quick preemptive stacks of your passive before a fight starts but thats about it.

And if you're playing him as ap, well then, lol.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-07-22 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    I see no reason at all to max Q over W on ezreal. A maxed Q only deals 80 more dmg than a rank 1 Q, while a maxed W deals 200 more dmg than rank 1. W also gives 20% more AS slow, wich is pretty huge, especially early game when they won't have much AS to begin with

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I want to try AD Ahri.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Meh. I want to try AD Ahri.
    Try ad kassadin first, used to be legit back in the day with his old W.

Attacking him gives him a decent damage boost and hes innately tanky because of his passive+ impossible to run from.