10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    So I saw that Janna skin in a video or whatever, and I swear to whatever omnipotent being may or may not believe in, looks exactly the same as a custom skin I used months ago. Dang.
    It probably was the custom skin. War Hero Janna isn't even in the game files yet.

Deleted
    Fuck I just had a game where most of the team played really well, but we just lost because of terrible attitude. Our mid just kept whining all game about how the game was lost when the score was 11/12. Team was just demoralized all game and we couldn´t ever do shit. Just wish people wouldn´t have such piss poor attitude when playing the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Fuck I just had a game where most of the team played really well, but we just lost because of terrible attitude. Our mid just kept whining all game about how the game was lost when the score was 11/12. Team was just demoralized all game and we couldn´t ever do shit. Just wish people wouldn´t have such piss poor attitude when playing the game.
    This. 1 million times over.

I've had so many matches go down the shitter, many from having the advantage, because people bitch and harass eachother.

I need an organized 5s team again.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    yah, I hate those. But the opposite of them are great. When your team is down like 3-11 in a ranked game, but everyone is still positive about the game, and then you catch them out in the jungle and tear their team to bits, it's great fun. Doesn't happen as often as your example though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming both teams are decent.

There is really no coming back from 3/11 if your bot lane fed super hard or something unless the enemy does something really stupid and gets aced at baron while you get the buff.

It just snow balls way too hard at that point and even if you do manage to make up the kill difference, you will still be behind in dragon kills/cs/map control

Just keep a positive attitude. I have had plenty games turned around simply because I had a team with a positive outlook (even down from 0-12). Chances are even if the enemy team is winning, they are talking shit to each other and chances are they will start the blame game if you win even the smallest fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Just keep a positive attitude. I have had plenty games turned around simply because I had a team with a positive outlook (even down from 0-12). Chances are even if the enemy team is winning, they are talking shit to each other and chances are they will start the blame game if you win even the smallest fights.
    "Assuming both teams are decent"

No amount of positive attitude will bring you back from a disadvantage like that.

Its more negative attitude brings you down.

And positive attitude keeps you from falling (without raising you)

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    "Assuming both teams are decent"

No amount of positive attitude will bring you back from a disadvantage like that.

Its more negative attitude brings you down.

And positive attitude keeps you from falling (without raising you)
    you couldn't be more wrong. has happened to me, and many others i'm sure. seen it happen in competitive play as well.

doesn't happen often as we would like, but it DOES happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    you couldn't be more wrong. has happened to me, and many others i'm sure. seen it happen in competitive play as well.

doesn't happen often as we would like, but it DOES happen
    Saying "NICE TEAM" and meaning it when you just took dragon but had 4 people die doesn't win you the game.

Its very possible for people to die when they stop playing to type in a long insult. Just try to keep everyone feeling good/content so they aren't distracted with their emotions. A LOT of players feel the need to redeem themselves when you insult them. This leads to them doing stupid or risky things like flashing into a group of low health enemies in an attempt to solo them and regain their honor. But usually they just get stunned/exhausted and die. Risky play is always a bad idea so stay away from trying to push people into the mental state.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Saying "NICE TEAM" and meaning it when you just took dragon but had 4 people die doesn't win you the game.
    i'm not getting what you're trying to prove here. are you saying comebacks don't happen? are you saying positive attitudes in a TEAM game won't help you win as opposed to shit talking and blaming someone the minute something goes wrong?

all i'm saying is being positive, even if you're quite behind, CAN win you the game by a simple mistake on the enemies gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.

'Honor'.
    It's like Commending in DoTA2.
    Oh it's going to get abused to hard like in DoTA2, I hope it doesn't give anything actually good.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Sigh.

'Honor'.
    It's like Commending in DoTA2.
    Oh it's going to get abused to hard like in DoTA2, I hope it doesn't give anything actually good.
    Wait what? I don't haven't heard anything about honor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Taken from surrenderat20.net

Lyte made a delightful announcement in General Discussion about an upcoming system called Honor, a long awaited system that allows players to commend Summoners who have good attitudes and promote healthy game play. Check out his post about this "anti-report" feature coming:
    "We here at Riot have been hard at work trying to improve player behavior in League of Legends. Historically, we’ve reacted to toxic players through systems like LeaverBuster and the Tribunal that are great at identifying and punishing the worst of worst. However, players will often challenge Team Player Behavior and say, “Dr. Lyte, how are you a doctor?? Don’t know you know that positive reinforcement can also improve player behavior?” We agree with you! We know that we have a great community, but we haven’t done a great job providing tools to empower this community to proactively be even more awesome.

Today, we’d like to introduce Honor, our positive feedback initiative. We’re well versed in research done on concepts in psychology such as positive reinforcement and how it can improve behaviors, and we’ve also found that some of the most meaningful, memorable moments in League come from the positive interactions players have with each other. Everyone’s had one of these days: You are struggling in a game and find yourself in a situation where a teammate could have easily trolled or flamed you, but instead goes out of his way to be a helpful, compassionate team-player. He says, “Hey, don’t worry about the first blood.” You may not friend this player or ever play with him again, but this small, kind gesture made a difference and is something you remembered.

Through Honor you’ll be able to give something lasting back to those players who went out of their way to make your game experience better. Keep an eye out for Honor with the next PBE update, and expect to hear more about it in an upcoming patch!"
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, that's interesting. I hope they do it well, and that it doesn't really offer any sort of extra rewards or anything. It kind of becomes another currency at that point.

I think it's a good idea, but i'm going to have to wait and see. Very interesting though. They really seem to be trying to improve the ways that the general attitude of the playerbase is effected. Obviously they can't just sprinkle unicorn powder on people and make then happy nice people who wish everyone and their family long life and prosperity, but I do like that they are trying to make the game at least seem more friendly. We'll have to wait and see how it goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Hmm, that's interesting. I hope they do it well, and that it doesn't really offer any sort of extra rewards or anything. It kind of becomes another currency at that point.
    Unless I remember incorrectly you actually used to receive a small amount of IP for a legit report.

I look forward to see how the Honor Initiative impacts the game. Sounds like they're doing it properly.

For those interested, here's the thread with all of Lyte's answers about the Honor Initiative: http://clgaming.net/redtracker/43335-introducing-honor
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

15+ Year Old Account
    I scanned the posts but couldn't find anything on what receiving Honor reports will do for you...what exactly is the incentive?

Its a fantastic idea, regardless of any potential reward. I think it will work wonders and encourage folks to be positive players.

I think small IP boosts or other little rewards would be a solid idea.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    inb4 chat channels named "Honor trades" spring up and the entire thing becomes useless. Assuming there are rewards in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I scanned the posts but couldn't find anything on what receiving Honor reports will do for you...what exactly is the incentive?

Its a fantastic idea, regardless of any potential reward. I think it will work wonders and encourage folks to be positive players.

I think small IP boosts or other little rewards would be a solid idea.
    One of the potential problems (one you see in DotA2) is that people just trade positive reports with each other all the time, making not the most nice people have a better report, but the people that dare ask for positive reports.