15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I'm unsure what you want a video of but I'm making a really special one for you right now.

About 15 minutes in, enjoy.
    inb4 "but he smote blue"
    Any decent team can do about 445 damage to blue before getting out of there, if you're on purple, shit, they'll probably do even more than that.
    inb4 "but you used heal"
    Yeah, I did use heal. I believe we were talking about possible, not optimal junglers, right?
    Yeah, you were totally above 90% health when doing red in both games You can jungle anything, I know it. It's actually a statement I'm trying to defend if you haven't noticed. But let's just stick to Vlad for now when referencing to "any champion" in this discussion, shall we? So you went Vlad jungle with summoners picked specifically for your sustain and nothing else, with cloth+5 for the same reason, you were about to die to red (well that was mostly because this was your first Vlad jungling, obviously, second game was better). And how is this less marginal than AD Annie with Surge as her steroid? Gimmicks are gimmicks. How does that affect anything related to non-troll games?

Except the way the jungle is designed means that by making some champions able to jungle, you're nerfing several of the people who already can, this is not true in lane.
    How does your Vlad performance affect any real jungler? This is the thing I don't get and no one helps me.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Shouldn't a problem if it works, right? He may not be gank crazy but at least he's going to be getting gold from farm + heal baiting is pretty fun
    The problem is, if you go, say, Skarner cloth+5, same path, you can have NO LEASH, 1 unspent summoners, 3-5 seconds faster clear, AND 1 unspent pot with 550 Hp left (about 90 more than Vlad after heal). Now why should anyone even care about the fact that Vlad is able to... survive? Yeah, survive in the jungle. As Axethor said there is an illusion of choice regarding jungle pool. So what, there is an illusion of choice regarding ADC pool, but no one is unhappy with possibility of AD Ahri. At least I know no one who cares about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of LeBlanc: weird support right there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    Yeah, you were totally above 90% health when doing red in both games You can jungle anything, I know it. It's actually a statement I'm trying to defend if you haven't noticed. But let's just stick to Vlad for now when referencing to "any champion" in this discussion, shall we? So you went Vlad jungle with summoners picked specifically for your sustain and nothing else, with cloth+5 for the same reason, you were about to die to red (well that was mostly because this was your first Vlad jungling, obviously, second game was better). And how is this less marginal than AD Annie with Surge as her steroid? Gimmicks are gimmicks. How does that affect anything related to non-troll games?
    I have no idea what your point is supposed to be here.
    How does your Vlad performance affect any real jungler? This is the thing I don't get and no one helps me.
    Because weak monsters = people who are designed around killing strong monsters are weakened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I understand your point but all that means is that Skarner would be more viable. It doesn't mean Vlad isn't viable
    Isn't viable for what? For AI game? Yeah, probably. For a serious ranked game? Having to use 2 summoners in jungle is viable? I don't think so. More like "vastly inferior".

Okay so it's been brought to my attention I'm not aggresive enough when playing top lane pre 6. I've been told this is why I seem to struggle so badly whilst playing against Jax, but I just don't like being aggresive early on, I feel it runs the risk of giving away too many early kills resulting in him being even more unstoppable than usual.

Anyone any tips? I'm sure I've asked before but it's just not getting any easier.

Champs I can play top are: Irelia, Kayle, Garen, Malphite, Poppy, Mundo and Akali.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

10+ Year Old Account
    Jax is a late game monster with a relatively weak early game. You not being aggressive pre 6 is precisely why he becomes unstoppable. Jax needs to be shut down fast and hard. Just keep up the pressure and zone him away from the gold for those expensive items he needs. Many of your champs can do that well except for Poppy and Akali.

Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Okay so it's been brought to my attention I'm not aggresive enough when playing top lane pre 6. I've been told this is why I seem to struggle so badly whilst playing against Jax, but I just don't like being aggresive early on, I feel it runs the risk of giving away too many early kills resulting in him being even more unstoppable than usual.

Anyone any tips? I'm sure I've asked before but it's just not getting any easier.

Champs I can play top are: Irelia, Kayle, Garen, Malphite, Poppy, Mundo and Akali.
    Warning: Wall of text and my own opinion/experience!

General advice:
    Most important thing: learn how to trade, how much damage you do, how much damage you can take/your enemy does and what the CD on your own/the enemies abilities are. The first one is based on practice (for example auto the enemy once when he goes for a last hit = you are one autoattack "ahead" of the enemy if he tries to retaliate and if he doesn't, you managed to do some free harass. Learn how to handle minion damage in offense and defense. Minions will decide early fights!). The last three come with experience.

Champ specific
    Jax has 2 important abilities which give him an edge in 1on1 fights. His dodge/stun [18-10s] and his ultimate (active) [80s]. If you can make him use them before you commit, retreat and engage afterwards as long as they are down.
    Don't underestimate his amazing scaling with items and levels and expect the power boost which he gets at 6. Late game he wins almost every 1on1 with similar gold level = he has to be shut down as early as possible.

Irelia: Jax outscales her but Irelia has the advantage of sustain and an instant stun. You can win this lane early but mid game you have to be careful even when slightly ahead.

Kayle: You should be able to zone him early on (easy to punish for lasthits, higher damage and you're able to kite him) but be careful, your attacks push the lane which makes you easy to gank. Mid game is where he slowly gets the advantage.

Garen: Your Q resets autoattacks = always auto into Q when attacking. As long as he's silenced, he can't retaliate but be careful as soon as it ends because you won't be able to dodge the stun if he decides to go in. Try to use your passive to your advantage. Even if you lose some trades if you regenerate the missing hp, you will be in a much better position afterwards.

Malphite: Watch the timer on your passive and only engage him when it's up. The E makes it hard for him to trade due to the strong AS slow. Don't spam Q to harass him, it will only oom you. As against most champions, I'd suggest R > E > Q > W. (pick w at level 4 or 8 depending on how the lane went and if you have to push)

Poppy: Not enough experience with this matchup

Mundo: He's better in the jungle than top due to his weak early game. Making him a poor pick vs Jax.

Akali: You win all trades and should be able to make him miss lasthits. Use your Q for free harass and use the shroud to negate damage when he tries to retaliate.

I hope that wasn't too obvious but it might help

That was excellent help Meteo, thank you very much! I haven't played Akali top very often, it's usually mid lane I play her, but I'll give her a try if I ever get top in draft and I'm up against a Jax, she sounds like the easiest one for me to pressure him with due to her Q not being 100% neccessary for her farm.

It's weird though, I never seem to have any problems vs anyone else top lane, and I can even deal with enemy ganks (a few times I've managed double kills 2v1, especially as Irelia), it's just Jax that gives me such a headache. I've handled Jayce with relatively few issues, which is who I've been told is probably one of the harder match ups I could have.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

10+ Year Old Account
    New rumble skin. not really, would probably get him if so though
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1&d=1343350373

10+ Year Old Account
    The TF update patch notes are out, with TF's visual rework and a bunch of bug fixes. The fear bug fix is nice for Shaco and Volibear junglers.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I actually have this art as one of my wallpapers in my league slide show, I demand this skin, and well...everyone kind of demands this skin. Even a rioter has it pinned in their cubicle. Now although that one does not work with skins..it is hope...right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You had me excited there T.T

that's a pretty cool concept/art

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Rumble!!!! woop!? I would be forced to buy rumble and that skin. It would be too epic..too epic...geif skin, take my money, noaw!!

gif link
    another picture

That said, it's most likely not recommended to use that art, since it's copyrighted. It resembles the original too much.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-10-17 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    I disagree with Jax having a "weak" early game. Nasus has a weak early game, Veigar has a weak early game, Jax does fine. If you can AA+W the enemy you will chunk his hp down HARD, and if he wants to retaliate you can E and do more damage and leap away. Only champions like Malphite or Lee Sin really shut him down due to sustain and AS slow (level E first).

The thing about toplane is knowing when you can beat them head on, and making sure they know that you know. This is why I love playing Riven. I know that on level 3 I can pretty much 1v1 most toplaners, and I'll be in their face all the time. Same on level 6. Or when facing teemo, play somewhat passive till 6 and farm, then go all in and kill him with no opposition. Same against vlad. You need to know when you have the upper hand and abuse it. If you don't, make him think you do and punish him for CS'ing. If you really don't and he can kill you, which can happen, play carefull.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    I disagree with Jax having a "weak" early game. Nasus has a weak early game, Veigar has a weak early game, Jax does fine. If you can AA+W the enemy you will chunk his hp down HARD, and if he wants to retaliate you can E and do more damage and leap away. Only champions like Malphite or Lee Sin really shut him down due to sustain and AS slow (level E first).

The thing about toplane is knowing when you can beat them head on, and making sure they know that you know. This is why I love playing Riven. I know that on level 3 I can pretty much 1v1 most toplaners, and I'll be in their face all the time. Same on level 6. Or when facing teemo, play somewhat passive till 6 and farm, then go all in and kill him with no opposition. Same against vlad. You need to know when you have the upper hand and abuse it. If you don't, make him think you do and punish him for CS'ing. If you really don't and he can kill you, which can happen, play carefull.
    It also heavily depends on your lane partner. If your lane partner creates the opening to jump in and cause panic, while he stays alive, you'll likely be able to finish the job as early as level 2. If your lane partner gets pressured or simply fails and dies, Jax might face a 2v1 and in that case his early game won't shine. Is my experience, at least.

Deleted
    Having to use 2 summoners in jungle is viable? I don't think so. More like "vastly inferior".
    Well, he wouldn't have to if the jungle wasn't fundementally flawed but hey. Anyway, maybe it's just me but it's not like the enemies in ranked are significantly different, someone could probably make it work up to at least 1800 if they're an otherwise excellent player, at which point we start entering the upper tiers. Vlad really has no need for any other summoner and it's not like heal doesn't do anything once you exit the jungle. (After the first clear, he stays pretty high just with regrowth)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It also heavily depends on your lane partner. If your lane partner creates the opening to jump in and cause panic, while he stays alive, you'll likely be able to finish the job as early as level 2. If your lane partner gets pressured or simply fails and dies, Jax might face a 2v1 and in that case his early game won't shine. Is my experience, at least.
    Wait. Lane partner at top? Generally speaking, there isn't one. Taking one into consideration is just complete non-sense in 90% of all cases, which makes it pointless to even bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Wait. Lane partner at top? Generally speaking, there isn't one. Taking one into consideration is just complete non-sense in 90% of all cases, which makes it pointless to even bring up.
    Right, and that's where my lvl 15 experience fails compared to ranked I guess. My bad then So your jungler is not considered a lane partner at all? I guess that would even out the odds if that's how the meta game works in ranked.

I thought it went like this;

top: bruiser + Jungler
    mid: AP Carry
    bot: AD Carry + Support

That's how some friends of mine, that play a little bit longer than I do, explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jungler is in the jungle - not the top lane. (Even though some camp it so much, they might as well call it a second home... )