Deleted
    http://imgur.com/a/yKjVM#107

HOW U GONNA ESCAPE, BITCH?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Thanks, gonna update the Item thread now.

well sometime today.
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2012-11-16 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post

Oh, seems like a good item for Lux. I wonder if Sheen works with that...

10+ Year Old Account

Now put it on Skarner. Super perma-slow!

And I ban Soraka sometimes. She is also a good ban if you plan on playing Janna.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Because it only takes about 200 seconds for philo to regen just as much without the need to go home, it builds into something else and it gives GP5.
    And you nicely ignored the rest of the post that made it relevant:

For ages, people have been building GP5's for the champs that won't be getting to tap to the main stream of gold, because it gave them something to work with.
    Philo was such a nice item since it was "cheap", taking "only" 30 mins to pay back for itself (no support really held on to it that long but lets ignore that). It provided you with sustain to the lane and built into the greatest possible support item of it's time: Shurelias.

But Riot has finally decided it's time to shake up the double Gp5->Shur/Aegis(/Zeke)->often nothing more in a standard lenght game.
    You have been offered alternatives, for example the Sona build. It's Riot telling us supports can now actually get items they want and diverse their build since you won't be locked into the regular route.

You have been offered the flask as a cheap alternative for Philo. Yes, Philo outsustains flask in 200 sec or whatever, so what? If your team doesn't need Shurelias and instead wants Kage's LB (e.g for Jayce Port->Malph ult->KLB combo), you won't be "forced" to get the philo if you don't plan to build Shur out of it early. Sure, you can take it for the money component but it takes a long time to pay back for itself. What made it so great was that not only was is "cheap" sustain and offered Gp/5, it also built into the best support item you could get your hands on.

Now? You got Flask for sustain for a cheap price and new support items are offered to us

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:32 PM ----------

Example Leona build (I don't think I'll ever start with boots on a support again)
    Faerie+3pot+2 Wards->Philo->Kage-> Sight->Shur->KLB->???
    Here I wouldn't get the Flask since I'll be getting Shur and the extra sustain most likely wouldn't be needed.

Example build WITH Flask:
    Flask+3 wards->Kage->Sight->Zeke/Aegis (it's still ok but it now has expensive upgrade availevable so top/jungle might want to get it instead [Double Aura Removal TB Confirmed])->KLB

The flask is there to get me through the early game when I need sustain to the lane but won't be getting Shur, thus enabling me to not "waste" money on an item that will be giving me unneeded stats after the laning phase and would only be there to tick money for me

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post

And I ban Soraka sometimes. She is also a good ban if you plan on playing Janna.
    I thought of that but I fear that math-wise Triforce is probably going to end up being the best sheen item choice for him since it has AS. And he has a spammy AoE slow, so it'd be redundant right? People without slows are probably going to go crazy for it but he's pretty set in that department.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Now? You got Flask for sustain for a cheap price and new support items are offered to us
    I didn't ignore it, I just thought it was irrelevant.
    Yes, philo does outsustain flask in 200 sec. I can't remember the last time I was in a game and ported back that often when I hadn't already basically lost.

Also, to clarify, the health regen is the same at 200 seconds. The mana regen is the same at 66 (which is basically the time it takes to use the item 3 times, port to base, run back and be a support for a couple of seconds)

The reason I think this item is superfluous is because, as I understand it, Riot has only turned around the item efficiency/gold on larger items. If they've legit done it on all items, I might be sort of maybe interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post

Was thinking more of Udyr. As if escaping from that guy wasn't hard enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    To me the flask seems like just another item build path. I suspect getting philo will still be quite common, but if you want to to forgoe it and go for something stronger a bit faster than the flask seems like a good idea.

And on the topic of regen, it's only useful if you need something to regen. If you are getting poked a ton, then philo would probably be better since it provides more sustain over a longer time. But if you are rarely taking damage, than the flask would be better. Same with mana.

Should be interesting though. I don't expect those numbers to stay how they are.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 10:46 AM ----------

Skarner. 'Nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I thought of that but I fear that math-wise Triforce is probably going to end up being the best sheen item choice for him since it has AS. And he has a spammy AoE slow, so it'd be redundant right? People without slows are probably going to go crazy for it but he's pretty set in that department.
    When I play Skarner I normally build wit's end, so I'm fairly good in the AS department. Also, while Triforce might be more damage, this gives CDR, Armor, and a nice chunk of mana so you can spam longer. A little better for a tankier sort of build.

Oh, an this is an aura on the enemy champ, so if they flash into teammates their whole team gets slowed and we can catch up again, while Skarner's slow is centered on him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Skarner. 'Nuff said
    Jax, that is all. That item will be very good on Jax, AP, armor and a slow, I mean, OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love changing the game, making it fresh always, even if it get unbalanced sometimes, but really did they think about most of new items ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I love changing the game, making it fresh always, even if it get unbalanced sometimes, but really did they think about most of new items ?
    They are still on the PBE, some are stupidly OP some aren't, I'm sure they'll make it more balanced, hopefully.

This season I decided to start doing rank games seriously. I did them last season, but I was not very good when I did them so I was just under 1300 after I got good and clawed myself up to there. Now I'm sitting at 1397 and steam rolling through enemies. I have an 80% win rate when I jungle.

OH yeah Udyr. He could really use a skarner-like slow like that. But Udyr doesn't use AP to the fullest.

It'd probably be best on...

-Someone who NEEDS an AoE slow. So not Skarner. That's redundant since he can do that already for very little mana.

-Someone who uses AP. So not Udyr. He'd rather just get some AD/on-hit damage/AS right?

-Someone who loves CDR.

Deleted
    OH yeah Udyr. He could really use a skarner-like slow like that. But Udyr doesn't use AP to the fullest.

-Someone who NEEDS an AoE slow. So not Skarner. That's redundant since he can do that already for very little mana.

-Someone who uses AP. So not Udyr. He'd rather just get some AD/on-hit damage/AS right?

-Someone who loves CDR.
    Who cares about the AP. Besides, Pheonix-Udyr still gets quite the damage out of some AP. But the AoE slow, armor, mana and cdr is too damn good to pass up on Udyr. The AP is nothing but a bonus, the 125% damage from your AD is what matters, from the Sheen anyway. That's why Sheen is great on Lee, Shyvana, etc etc even though it gives mana and AP.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Jax, that is all. That item will be very good on Jax, AP, armor and a slow, I mean, OP?
    Lol, I always forget Jax. Goddamnit Majad. WHY. This'll haunt me forever.

Deleted
    Lol, I always forget Jax. Goddamnit Majad. WHY. This'll haunt me forever.
    Because Jax.

Another champion this would be good on is probably Elise, pretty much a champion that can benefit of ap and armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    "If it is what we think it is..." And what happens if you're completely, utterly wrong?
    Leaden Crystal Flask
    Supportive Regeneration Item
    Passive: Starts with 3 charges, charges refill when you go back to fountain.
    Active: Consume a charge to regenerate 100 health and 40 mana over 10 seconds.
    Called it.

Deleted

-Someone who loves CDR.
    Hecarim.

Also Blackroo, sheen is not great on Shyvana.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-11-16 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    RIP in peace jungle Lulu ;_;