Do you guys play support? They just made support 100x more fun. That flask is fantastic; get this… even with A PHILO <MIND BLOWN>

I play a ton of support, I know Toxigen on here does also- but right now it’s just sit there and poke when necessary, or go balls deep with someone like Alistair or Leona.

Yes, over time a Philo will out sustain the flask- but it’s not a one or the other type of deal here. There are SO, SO many times on Leona when I go ham into a fight we don’t get a kill, but get the ADC down to 30-40% health and I go .. well fuck I’m low now… time to stand here and regen 2 minutes… real fun.

I really see this as a big picture change- they really made support much more dynamic. Have you looked at the utility tree?! Pickpocket rewards you for constantly attacking- it’s got an internal CD of 5 seconds, but 3 gold per ranged hit on a champion and 5 gold per melee hit- that’s basically a 3 GP10 items right there if you keep it up. To offset the fact supports like Leona and Alistair don’t hit as much- they give you flask. Go in, go hard in the paint, oh I’m 30% health? Pop flask regen in the bush for a couple seconds- round two. As a support I find myself at least 75% of the time saying.. well I could get two pots or a ward… need the ward.

Not to mention they nerfed early game resistance (its more expensive now) – so kills will be much more frequent. As a support player I think its great I’m going to have a more active role in lane phase, dare I say I want to play support the most of any role now. But, its just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Deleted

All the item changes.

Some items....I don't even...

The turret not being allowed to shoot? Really? Cheer on diving more. -_-

It is nice they incorporated Promote into an item btw.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-11-16 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    I'll laugh if Vlad ult stacks with the new DFG, oops 50% more dmg, 20% max hp gone, 600 true dmg ignite, 900 E + Q oops ur dead kthx.
    But seriously though it looks like it will be as overpowered as it is now, with those huge stat/burst potential it gives.

Other thing that caught my eye was Sword of the Divine. It's going to be funny on tryn/talon if you get IE + Sword of the Divine. You ult/spinning slash in. 4 shot someone then walk away.

Final thing I'd like to point out is the new Mercurial Scimitar. It looks as if they want to throw GA off it's throne as prominent choice for carries. Giving QSS an upgrade with a B.F. Sword included in it is going to make it a popular pick

Deleted
    I was so incredibly bored, so here's some gold efficiency stats.

TLDR: They just fucked the stat weights up so hard that I don't even. Most of the ones with actives or uniques aren't really indicative of their real value and the ones that have a recipe but are only built from items of a single stat (e.g. Brutalizer) are wildly inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    Do you guys play support? They just made support 100x more fun. That flask is fantastic; get this… even with A PHILO <MIND BLOWN>
    I donno about you but if I'm playing Ali (my main support, what's up) and I'm at the stage where I have my philo, I'm basically always at full or dead.

Are you maxing E? Are you wombo combo'ing at all? I mean I don't understand how that is possible unless you just sit in the brush and do nothing. Even with Armor R/Y one Ez Q should take you down between 6-10% of your health.

Philo stone is 3 health per second... I guess we have wildly different playstyles. If I'm with Graves or MF or even Ez (early game burst).. I try to wombo combo almost on CD

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Wraith Collar - if the range is decent, omfg.

2. I like the banner. I can see that being a great mid game siege item.

3. Flask - will make for ultra-aggressive bottom lanes...will be interesting to see how that develops.

4. Spirit of the XXX - pretty crazy change for junglers. Will they make Wriggle's obsolete?

Overall, I'm a little confused as to what this will mean for supports. Without the Philo / HoG, how are we to generate money? I understand the Flask and ward thing might be cheaper...at the very least it will probably result in a lot of varying builds from supports. I mean, right now its simply double GP/10, boots, aegis, shurelyas, locket....FOR EVERY SINGLE GODAMN SUPPORT. We'll probably see a lot of diversity now.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    Are you maxing E? Are you wombo combo'ing at all? I mean I don't understand how that is possible unless you just sit in the brush and do nothing. Even with Armor R/Y one Ez Q should take you down between 6-10% of your health.

Philo stone is 3 health per second... I guess we have wildly different playstyles. If I'm with Graves or MF or even Ez (early game burst).. I try to wombo combo almost on CD
    If I'm against a sustain lane, I try at level 2-3 and then stop bothering unless I think we can get a kill. I'm still not gonna outdamage most non-sustain supports in a straightup fight so I usually just max E in that case, yes. Janna is a possible case if she's lacking in the skill department but I don't grab chances unless they're there.

Quite curious. I've been matched against people with 1k+ wins, but normally on teams with 200 wins. What the heck is going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Quite curious. I've been matched against people with 1k+ wins, but normally on teams with 200 wins. What the heck is going on.
    After winning a significant amount of matches at 30, your ratio is pretty much the only relevant thing. (that we can measure)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    You're put in queue with people who have the same w/l ratio as you, or close, Elo, more less.

Can't wait to play around with the new items so I can work out a killer assassin build for Lee Sin :3

Deleted
    God...why can't people listen or speak in champ select in ranked....

Everything is fine til last picks....no support, double AD bottom, yay for 30 minute break right at the end of my IP boost...seriously, what's wrong with people. /rant.

On a more serious note...does it get better the higher rating you get? I don't mean the players, that's a semi-gimme...but the stupid troll picks? Like no more Rengar supports, Teemo instalocks for midlane...etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    After winning a significant amount of matches at 30, your ratio is pretty much the only relevant thing. (that we can measure)

except in north america. several days ago(zed patch night) they enabled a feature in which it also tries to match you based on win count, along with hidden normal elo. if people duo queue, however, it will average. i queue with a friend with 1000 wins, and i only have 200, so we usually face a team with around 400 average post patch.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...91208#31329458 (source)

Deleted
    That sure seems awfully redundant.

Deleted
    I guess people were annoyed because they got stomped by more experienced players with a few(a few hundred) more games but as Good Guy Lycoris already stated, it is totally redundant.

In all honesty though, i feel that after 300 wins, a person generally grasps the general concept at should at that point, be good enough to dodge most nid spears at the very least. Mundo's cleavers are a great example aswell, yet for some reason they don't.

Also, i'm playing some games this evening. Anyone want to join me? Dumledk is my summoner name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else getting ridiculous ques for ranked duo's? Im at 7 minuits at the moment, the longest i've ever been..
    Last edited by Dayum; 2012-11-16 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Is it just me, or is there a 2 second delay when you select a champion or summoner spell in champ select?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Is it just me, or is there a 2 second delay when you select a champion or summoner spell in champ select?
    I have had always delays when choosing champions, masteries and summoner's spells. :b

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Hecarim.

Also Blackroo, sheen is not great on Shyvana.
    That's like saying Sheen isn't great on Lee Sin either. I never said it was the absolute best thing, but it's undoubtetly an awesome item for both those champions.