Deleted
    Yesterday I posted this on the vent topic but noone replied (that is just to vent so ok) and as sometimes I really do noob things in this game, like going tanky riven, I ask here...

So I've been told that in a team with:
    Graves
    Ahri
    Kennen
    Twitch

I can't engage with leona as there is no such a role as support tank.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Yesterday I posted this on the vent topic but noone replied (that is just to vent so ok) and as sometimes I really do noob things in this game, like going tanky riven, I ask here...
    >No support tanks
    Who ever told you there aren't any support tanks is an idiot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    >No support tanks
    Who ever told you there aren't any support tanks is an idiot.
    This, pretty much 5x over.

Leona
    Blitzcrank
    Alistar
    Nautilus
    Taric
    Volibear (kinda weak, but w/e)

All say hello.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Ye, that's what I thought even if as far as I know blitz is the more squishy but ok doesn't matter, thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye, that's what I thought even if as far as I know blitz is the more squishy but ok doesn't matter, thanks.
    How is Blitz squishy? Did you forget about his passive?

Also, I forgot to add Nunu (when he's near minions)...rawr consume.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Yep nunu too, and someone use malphite as support as u added nautilus too wich is not really a support I guess, or it is as Mal I guess.
    I've read here on the forum that overall Blitz is squishy if not when in the passive zone, yes I know the shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what this thread is about but my favourite champ is Taric. I also have a green skin for that dude :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    I don't know what this thread is about but my favourite champ is Taric. I also have a green skin for that dude :|
    you need the pink one too!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep nunu too, and someone use malphite as support as u added nautilus too wich is not really a support I guess, or it is as Mal I guess.
    I've read here on the forum that overall Blitz is squishy if not when in the passive zone, yes I know the shield.
    With the S3 jungle changes, Nautilus will probably have such a piss-poor clear time that he may be nullified to support-only.

He's as much of a support as Leona. Mass CC and innate tankiness due to his W.

Deleted
    He's basically a 2nd Leona, though his grab is way harder since it doesn't fly through minions. Has massive amounts of CC, natural tanky-ness, some pretty good damage early really and a booming voice. He's loads of fun as a support really, though I wouldn't pick him over Leona if I was really serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    He's basically a 2nd Leona, though his grab is way harder since it doesn't fly through minions. Has massive amounts of CC, natural tanky-ness, some pretty good damage early really and a booming voice. He's loads of fun as a support really, though I wouldn't pick him over Leona if I was really serious.
    Yep I love nautilus but as I'm not expert I always trusted people who told me that leona is better, 1 cc less then nautilus but also her passive is really good, leona's pull also goes trough walls so I guess is way better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    With the S3 jungle changes, Nautilus will probably have such a piss-poor clear time that he may be nullified to support-only.

He's as much of a support as Leona. Mass CC and innate tankiness due to his W.
    Naut actually got better in the new jungle because of machete, and then they buffed his shield up a little bit. I think he might become quite common again as a jungler.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So once again there's a thread going on about how Garen's ult CD at rank 1 is unfair compared to Darius's CD. I don't understand how the reds can justify it by saying "Well if Garen has his ult then you're dead! So we didn't want you to just die again when you get back to lane". How is Garen's ult an instant kill button while Darius's ult is somehow not?

Not to mention that at rank 1 it's a little hard to actually kill somebody with your ult in a normal fight because you cant wait till they get too low, so you combine it with ignite. However Darius can do the same thing and he also has his passive dot damage to compliment that. They also say it's because Garen is manaless, but that implies Darius has mana problems in lane. He certainly doesn't have enough problems to justify the difference of a 160 second CD to a 100 second CD that can refresh itself if you kill with it.

The whole discussion is about rank 1 ults, because it's about them being in lane. Now I don't know about you, but I don't expect to just drop dead the second an enemy Garen hits level 6. However I do expect to drop dead if Darius grabs me when he is 6. I can live with Garen's ult CD, but I want them to give an answer that actually makes sense instead of ignoring everything Darius is when in lane. They cant make it sound like Garen will kill anybody if his ult is up, but you can live with Darius. I don't know anybody who would rather lane against Darius than a Garen.
    Darius's ult is a set damage value than increases based on how many stacks of his passive he has on you. Garen's does more damage based on the amount of health your missing. At rank one, Garen's has the potential to deal more damage, which is what I think the reds are getting at.

EDIT: Garen's base damage is also higher than Darius's at rank one. Not by much, but it does have a little extra strength before the missing health damage kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    What's wrong with his E? It removes pretty much half of someone's armor just like that.
    Can't tell if srs or......

20 armor @ rank 1 is half of your armor... at what point in the game? Level 1 maybe, but if take that first you did it by accident

40 armor at max rank? If you have it to max before 18, again- you are doing it wrong. And if 40 armor is half their armor at max rank, well they probably lost anyway because you are level 18 Nasus which means it got to late game and you dominate anyway. Also shame on them for not building more then 80 armor with a farmed Nasus (Q is AD)

Apart from the bit where one is affected by armour.

About the Darius vs Garen Ults.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    Can't tell if srs or......

20 armor @ rank 1 is half of your armor... at what point in the game? Level 1 maybe, but if take that first you did it by accident
    It's half of a standard carry's armor until about level 8
    40 armor at max rank? If you have it to max before 18, again- you are doing it wrong.
    "NO, MY SKILLBUILD IS THE ONLY VIABLE WAY TO GO RAWR."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Apart from the bit where one is affected by armour.

About the Darius vs Garen Ults.
    Actually it's MR, but really no one has a ton of MR at level 6, especially against a Garen, so it isn't that big of a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    At rank one Darius will do 320 true damage with his ult at max stacks before considering bonus AD. Garen's ult at Rank 1 has a base damage of 175 magic damage. His ult will do 1 more damage for every 3.5 health missing. Unless I screwed up somewhere that means the target needs to be missing 507 health with 0 magic resist to do as much as Darius. With 30% magic resist that means the target needs to be missing around 850 health to deal as much as Darius's ult. Garen himself has around 1k base health at level 6.

To top it off Darius will leave you will 5 stacks of his dot on you after his ult. So the idea that Garen can kill a target easier than Darius at level 6 with his ult isn't realistic unless you find the one guy that buys nothing but health and went to base before level 6. Which just doesn't happen vs Garen because armor works better vs him.

This math was done while I was tired so some parts could be off, but I don't think they are completely off.
    How many times will Darius get you with 5 stacks of his passive up, especially in lane? There is the other balancing point, his passive. I know I rarely get up to 5 stacks unless the person I pulled has really good sustain and constantly stayed at high health, so I needed to auto and Q them down a bit after the pull. Normally it's only 3 stacks.

Garen isn't meant to just walk up and murder people, Darius is. Garen is much tankier than Darius, so as a trade off Darius has the potential to deal much more damage. The problem before was Garen would kill you, use his passive sustain to heal to full while you were gone, then kill you again because the ult cooldown was already up. Darius doesn't have sustain, so he would probably have to b after killing you, even if he gets his reset.

Deleted
    I realize they can't buff Nasus' early game because he would be retarded OP, but if they changed his E slightly, I think he would be viable. Sometimes I dont even take E until I'm forced to.
    Any ideas? I love the dog man
    Don't play this c**p, even reds posted that he will not be ever something competitive because players demand flavor over it (infinite scaling), which they would have to forfeit in rework bringing him up.

Honestly I don't really understand any reason you would play that kind of champions, but well...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Don't play this c**p, even reds posted that he will not be ever something competitive because players demand flavor over it (infinite scaling), which they would have to forfeit in rework bringing him up.

Honestly I don't really understand any reason you would play that kind of champions, but well...
    Narrow minded much?
    I play Nasus...because I find him FUN!

Something you apparently abandoned long ago in favour of 'only playing champs that are viable at the highest competitive level' (which I might be wrong about, but I'm guessing you're not there)

And I'm dying to see a source to that 'red's post'. Not saying it doesn't exist, but it would be nice to back that up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    And I'm dying to see a source to that 'red's post'. Not saying it doesn't exist, but it would be nice to back that up.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen it, cba to look for it but they did say they couldn't buff him without putting a cap on his Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Don't play this c**p,
    As MMOC does not have any sort of automatic censoring system, I'm very unsure as to what the point of you adding asterisks is.