10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Place Ball on tank, press ultimate, kill half enemy team, hard to play???
    Then again, what champion would be hard to play? You have champs that you can press every fucking button and win like Xin, (not all the time though) and ones where you push buttons for a more clunky kit, yet people can get into them, such as Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    ya and they are doing a heimerdinger rework sometime soontm
    edit: SgS running urgot 2 games in a row now. So he is still used in certain comps.
    He still has life! Too bad that other champions (Heimer, Sejuani, the melee carries, the assassin champs) don't see any light in competitive comps at all.

I also recall a game where Karma was used, and TPA used Trundle at some point too.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-11-29 at 11:41 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I know a lot of people do ya. One of my friends that I commonly play LoL with (almost daily) really likes the champions he plays to have good sound effects, animations etc. I'm just saying that it doesn't really bother me. Though the lux laser has one of the most satisfying sounds in the game.
    Yes. In the end, the higher up you go on the hardcoreness graph, the less people care about visuals. Which is why pros in all kinds of games turn graphics to zip zero even on BEEFY computers, because playing at your best > appearance. But there's no reason to hate on the large crowd who like to look good. I see phrases like "Its just STUPID graphics/a skin/etc" way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Then again, what champion would be hard to play? You have champs that you can press every fucking button and win like Xin, (not all the time though) and ones where you push buttons for a more clunky kit, yet people can get into them, such as Karma.
    The thing is that Oriannas play style has no risk to it. Shes not for example Morgana who launches herself into the enemy team and stands the chance of being annihialted for it, Orianna stays at range, adds 50 mr and armour to an already tanky figure and causes a lot of disruption. Its why for example Karthus gets so much damage, because he is basically gaurenteed to die, champs that can play that safe shouldnt do as much damage as champions that need to risk it all (Xin being a good example, has to go real balls deep with no escape at all.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Yes. In the end, the higher up you go on the hardcoreness graph, the less people care about visuals. Which is why pros in all kinds of games turn graphics to zip zero even on BEEFY computers, because playing at your best > appearance. But there's no reason to hate on the large crowd who like to look good.
    I think it's fairly split on that. I know there are a lot of sc2 pros that play on low because they say it's easier to see invisible things. I don't know about LoL though. Streamers almost always are on max because watching low is pretty underwhelming. I don't know about pros when they play in tournaments though. I suspect a lot of them use max though. I really don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I have very little experience with Urgot (never played him, only had two or three games with an urgot player) and that was fairly recently so he'd already been nerfed by then. What problems did he used to have and why is balancing him such a difficult task? (Is this question too much? lol)
    He's meant to be a big lane bully early on, and must press that advantage since his late game is the worst among ranged ADs. Even AD Kennen and AD TF would scale better than Urgot late-game. The issue is that he needs to be strong enough to be that laning bully, but not so strong that he can outbully early and hard enough that the enemies can't match him.

The big nerfs where his range to his E and the Q lock-on I believe, as well as a change with his Q to scale with bonus AD instead of total AD. Only the Q AD scaling nerf was reverted so far.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-11-29 at 11:47 PM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Really, nerf Orianna? Another reason why theres no originality in high end LoL matches. Orianna is the hardest ap to play, they already nerfed her range by a third a long while back and I still cant get over it, you have to put yourself at great danger to harass nevermind actually killing someone.

Not to mention the ball speed is so slow that you have to predict every move. I dont go "wow" when a leblanc outplays someone because its so easy, I am surprised when an Orianna outplays because it usually involves an element of skill.
    You could just run up and AA people early game, on account you probably have the most AA damage in the game and it'll cost no mana. With the shield on yourself too you'll even take less damage. I really dont see a risk element or a need to put yourself in danger, especially as you can literally just drop the ball on Olaf/Amumu/Cho/Shen and let them do all the work for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats more of a L2P issue on behalf of the enemy team, ie dont run into a tank that has a bomb on it. The bomb being Oriannas damage output.
    And usually, the enemy team will keep that in mind that a tank into Orianna ult combo will happen. Especially if there's a Rengar on Ori's team because of Ren stealthing in with ball into Ori ult.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

thats what tpa do to m5 lol

Will be missed ~

I think it's fairly split on that. I know there are a lot of sc2 pros that play on low because they say it's easier to see invisible things. I don't know about LoL though. Streamers almost always are on max because watching low is pretty underwhelming. I don't know about pros when they play in tournaments though. I suspect a lot of them use max though. I really don't know.
    I hardly see anyone on max graphics. They're usually in the medium range, spell effects usually up (because its important), I see mostly in shooters. Might have been TF2 where I discovered people do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with nerfing heros is that they become useless really fast, theres not a lot of heros in LoL with interesting mechanics, I enjoy heros like Orianna and Karma, but naturally Karma is useless in competitive and Orianna is good but requires a lot of skill and timing which im fine with learning.
    Karma's kit isn't useless, she just doesn't fit the meta at the moment, and that she's not as effective as 0 CS support than the typical supports. A useless champion in competitive settings would be something like nerfed Evelynn or current state Heimerdinger. Even Karma has seen competitive play at times, and same with Master Yi as an AP mid.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    True.

I mean, how can you not love that hunk of a man?!
    His voice sets y teeth on edge, he is the one support I refuse to touch :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    That's one of the reasons why Urgot and Trundle were considered to be design failures by Riot.
    I still have some pages to catch up on but I fail to see why Trundle in particular is a design fail. He might not be the most popular but I love him the way he is now. I don't think I would have cared much for him if it was just another generic, muscular man with a strong jawline or something. He's a troll, and that is what makes him awesome in my opinion. LoL could use more champs like him imo.

Deleted
    Ohhhh no... CLG.NA vs CLG.EU

Time for the casters to just say "clg are doing really well right now.. OH AND CLG WITH THE ENGAGE !!! PENTAKIRRRUUUUUUU"

please... for everyone's sanity, call them "europe" or "eu" and "america" or "na",

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    I still have some pages to catch up on but I fail to see why Trundle in particular is a design fail. He might not be the most popular but I love him the way he is now. I don't think I would have cared much for him if it was just another generic, muscular man with a strong jawline or something. He's a troll, and that is what makes him awesome in my opinion. LoL could use more champs like him imo.
    People had disdain for champions with more grotesque models such as him, Urgot also suffered that same fate. Their skillsets aren't that flashy either, moreso for Trundle's kit.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-11-30 at 01:04 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    CLG.EU vs CLG.NA on IPL right now.
    Hey everyone

That was a bit of a stomp, some amazing plays in there though and Froggens Lux was funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    CLG.EU vs CLG.NA on IPL right now.
    Nice to see a Twitch adc for once. He's my favourite adc and I like playing him every now and again. So it's nice to see a pro pick him up in a tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Nice to see a Twitch adc for once. He's my favourite adc and I like playing him every now and again. So it's nice to see a pro pick him up in a tournament.
    Watch FeaR. Aphromoo loves Twitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Watch FeaR. Aphromoo loves Twitch.
    I tried that but he never seems to stream when I'm in a position to watch. I might check out his videos though if I have some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya aphromoo loves twitch. If you get a chance to watch FeaR games in IPL, then you will probably see him playing twitch. Though he loves draven and varus too. He's fun to watch. They should be playing crs.na again today.