10+ Year Old Account
    Curious, what are your guy's top champions to carry a game with, for each role, ( Top/jung/mid/support)
    Having some trouble lately and i think i just need to find a new niche, or whatever you wanna call it, thing is, since i play with friends, i'm barely ever able to stick with one role, so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Curious, what are your guy's top champions to carry a game with, for each role, ( Top/jung/mid/support)
    Having some trouble lately and i think i just need to find a new niche, or whatever you wanna call it, thing is, since i play with friends, i'm barely ever able to stick with one role, so.
    Ranged AD. Because I am vastly better at it than anything else. Though champions like katarina and akali can get ahead easily and carry games as long as you play smartly.

I bet someone will tell me again that what I'm saying is obvious but even at 1800-1900 it's not always given that people follow "obvious" things.

Picking a strong champ usually makes it easier but good map awareness usually has a much bigger impact on the game than the champ. Basic things like tracking the enemy jungler, reacting to counterjungles and being there when a fight breaks out (for example top being there for dragon) or if you slept and missed the fight either clean up/rescue the fleeing survivors (usually possible when you react just before the fight begins/shortly after) or push a tower (usually the best option when the fight is already going on and you wont make it in time).

my own top champs for the roles. Will differ from player to player

Top: Irelia, Vlad, Jax, sometimes Yorick (some people still don't know how to handle him and he's quite a safe pick but he works best with a competent ad or a high DPS AP mid [usually cass])

Jungle: Mao, Ali, Skarner

Mid: Diana, Eve, Karthus

AD: Corki, Ez, Graves

Supp: Sona, Taric, Blitz

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid: Ahri. Safe lane, snowballs hard and can easily gank other lanes.

Top: Akali or Renekton. Akali for the fact she snowballs so hard if given the chance, Renekton for his lane dominance that corresonds into a strong midgame. I never try to play for lategame.

Jungle: Nocturne. Good ganks, can build tanky and still output very respectable damage. Strong jungler overall.

AD: Ez or Graves. Ez just...well, Ez. Good poke, strong damage, reliable escape/repositioning. Graves for lane dominance.

Support: I don't like it. But Sona, for facerolling and winning.

Deleted
    Mid: LeBlanc, Veigar or Fizz (if I feel really cruel, AP Tristana)

AD Carry: Varus, always Varus, I just find him amazing and great to play!

Jungle: Depends really, I don't think you can carry the game with Nautilus jungle all that much but I would either go him or Shyvana at times

Top: Either Jayce, Wukong or Rengar.

Deleted
    AD Carry: Vayne, she is crappy early game but if you know how to farm safe, play her well and have a good sustain/agressive support that allows you to farm she's a good pick, she's a monster once she gets BT/I.E.->PD.

Mid: Kennen, he's a safe pick, for me, I can farm a lot with him allowing me to surpass my enemy in gold and itens, when the ganks come, it's my team that gets the gold.

Top: (I don't play top much)Irelia, I Don't know, she feels like a safe pick due to her tankyness through out all the game and she can farm well even under her tower, specially if you have a philos.

Jungle: I have been playing Shyv jungle a lot and I am doing fairly well with her.

Support: Right now, I think Sonna can beat all other supports, she has a good poke, her ult is really good too, other than her I would go for Soraka because of her immense healing power, her OP silence and her W's heal and armor increase, everything about Soraka is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    oh, no it isn't global. It has a really big range, but it's not global.
    So my memories of sniping people with Lux are all false? =( I'm getting to old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So my memories of sniping people with Lux are all false? =( I'm getting to old.
    You can snipe them from a far, but not from one corner of the map to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You can snipe them from a far, but not from one corner of the map to the other.
    Her ult has 3000 range "only". still enough for amazing snipes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Her ult has 3000 range "only". still enough for amazing snipes
    Yeah I know, I just said you couldn't snipe people from really afar.

10+ Year Old Account
    same ulti range as Ziggs I believe
    For fun I found Ziggs one of most fun champs, all spells are aoe and has a very good poke for pre-fight skirmishes
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    For fun I found Ziggs one of most fun champs, all spells are aoe and has a very good poke for pre-fight skirmishes
    Ziggs has more range on his ult than Lux has. D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Counselwolf View Post
    My number one reason for queue dodging (as a third party, I always try to pick for the team in champ select), if the arguments and fights start in champ select, chances are pretty high your team is going to play terribly together, you're going to lose, and it's not going to be a fun game while you lose.
    I love when in the team select 3 out of 5 flame the one who choose lux support and then lux support is the best one in the game and they have nothing to say.
    So I dodge the queue only if we are missing a role and noone is gonna dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Ziggs has more range on his ult than Lux has. D:
    Yeah, but it the impact gets a longer delay the further the distance iirc. Whereas Lux's ult has the same arrival time no matter how far you extend the poke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    I love when in the team select 3 out of 5 flame the one who choose lux support and then lux support is the best one in the game and they have nothing to say.
    So I dodge the queue only if we are missing a role and noone is gonna dodge.
    Yeah, I love that.

I sometimes go Veigar support and end up carrying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Try him in Dominion, he's amazing there, especially since his ulti can hit everythin if you're in the middle of the map.

By the way, I have two questions for people, both top related:

1. Wukong. Is he considered viable these days, or is he one of those "meh, there's better picks"-champs like Garen and Volibear?

2. Teleport. What do people feel about Teleport on a top champion? I've been considering using it more often as Malphite top, then I think of how far the top lane is from everything, and how much ganking power some tops have. Do you guys think running Teleport on tops is a good thing with randoms, or is it better to run Ignite/Exhaust and saving Teleport for playing with friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) He's viable. Slightly less so since the dominance of other champs and some item nerfs. Still a nice one. Though I'm partial to him as jungler, for some reason.
    2) It's an option, but I don't feel it's really worthwhile on most champs in solo queue. You want better coordination to get the best use out of teleport.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Try him in Dominion, he's amazing there, especially since his ulti can hit everythin if you're in the middle of the map.

By the way, I have two questions for people, both top related:

1. Wukong. Is he considered viable these days, or is he one of those "meh, there's better picks"-champs like Garen and Volibear?

2. Teleport. What do people feel about Teleport on a top champion? I've been considering using it more often as Malphite top, then I think of how far the top lane is from everything, and how much ganking power some tops have. Do you guys think running Teleport on tops is a good thing with randoms, or is it better to run Ignite/Exhaust and saving Teleport for playing with friends?
    1) He's viable, I think he isn't exactly week early, but if you do something stupid you won't be able to come back, no until late game comes, around 35 minutes.

2)It depends, for example, if you have a jungler like Shen, Evelyn, a fast jungle pretty much, TP is good for dragons/barons and to stop a gank at bot and get, possibly, a kill.

For example, if I was going against someone I would know I wouldn't be able to kill alone, even with my jungler's help, I would probably just take TP instead, but this rarely happens and I think I'd rather take exhaust over TP if I knew my lane wasn't going to be okay.

Thanks. I've been interesting in playing him recently, but I still want to pick things that's good for the team.

I rarely do solo queue these days as they give me nightmares. Especially considering how the last few ones I did ended poorly, even with champs I consider myself good at... they also scared me away from AD carry for life. There's simply no excuse sometimes when you're being terrible.

Although, the question about Teleport; I was mainly thinking of using it in normal 5v5, since a Teleport into either Malphite ulti or Wukong E->spin move would probably surprise most people. The issue with Teleport is probably using it right; it could get you a kill/assist or two, or it could end up wasting your time while giving the other team a free tower.

Deleted
    Teleport would be about 50 times more useful if people would realize how to not engage or get engaged while you split push.