Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    I stole a baron today with sapling landing damage from Maokai. Only had a ROA. Enemy jungler said they hope I die IRL afterwards
    *daaaawg* must feel so awsome to do it, i do feel the other junglers pain tho =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    But you kept going forward so I assumed you didn't know.

Lucky you though, since you weren't trying to hit baron....
    Yeah, but I was pretty far away when I fired the spear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Yeah, but I was pretty far away when I fired the spear.
    Yeah I know but you shouldn't be going forward when you fire it regardless of your distance, in that kind of situation, where the other team is not moving much.

Unless you're going to combo someone down with cougar.

Deleted
    Yeah I know but you shouldn't be going forward when you fire it regardless of your distance, in that kind of situation, where the other team is not moving much.

Unless you're going to combo someone down with cougar.
    But it was fired already wasn't it? Or does it work like: When the spear hits it wants to know where Nid is standing at THAT time the spear hits instead of the place it was fired from?

Deleted
    But it was fired already wasn't it? Or does it work like: When the spear hits it wants to know where Nid is standing at THAT time the spear hits instead of the place it was fired from?
    Oh, you don't know.

What you said now is correct. The damage only increases/decreases at the impact! It's NOT when you fire it. At first I also thought that but then I found out it's not like that.

The further away you are, the more damage it will do on impact. Before it hits, you need to get away from the target to do more damage. If you get closer it will deal less damage on impact.

Deleted
    Oh, you don't know.

What you said now is correct. The damage only increases/decreases at the impact! It's NOT when you fire it. At first I also thought that but then I found out it's not like that.

The further away you are, the more damage it will do on impact. Before it hits, you need to get away from the target to do more damage. If you get closer it will deal less damage on impact.
    Hm okay.

Pretty weird mechanic since the spear shouldn't be able to think: Oh, this Nid is walking with me, I can take it easy.

Just had to repost this taken from a reddit thread.

http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/201...0635748883.jpg

Honestly, i felt that Garen would have been a better choice cause he has a similar build to Arthas, uses a big 2h sword and is also sort of a paladin.

This is from the same guy who created girls generation ahri, and this is his original link if you guys want to see it.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 04:37 PM. Reason: image too big

Oh, you don't know.

Oh, good to know. I always thought it was when you throw it, since it's kinda weird for your positioning AFTER throwing a "fire-and-forget" skillshot(so not LeBlanc's chain) to affect it's damage. I assume it's because it's easier to code it to check distance between you and the person hit when it actually hits, instead of having it remember where you threw it from.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-07-05 at 03:51 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Hm okay.

Pretty weird mechanic since the spear shouldn't be able to think: Oh, this Nid is walking with me, I can take it easy.
    I like the way it works. If someone is running away from you, and you know you're going to hit the spear, loads of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I assume it's because it's easier to code it to check distance between you and the person hit when it actually hits, instead of having it remember where you threw it from.
    I actually have no idea why it is the way it is but I like the way it is.

I like the way it works. If someone is running away from you, and you know you're going to hit the spear, loads of damage.

I actually have no idea why it is the way it is but I like the way it is.
    Never really noticed it, honestly. When I play Nidalee, I always retreat after throwing my spear anyway, because what else can I really do? Other than go kitty and try to claw their face off, I guess, but that's usually suicide when you're doing a pokewar.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Never really noticed it, honestly. When I play Nidalee, I always retreat after throwing my spear anyway, because what else can I really do? Other than go kitty and try to claw their face off, I guess, but that's usually suicide when you're doing a pokewar.
    It's possible to go in after doing Q in human form. You just need to do W fast before going into cougar then just spam everything like Xin Zhao.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Throw spear and then go kitty and W while flashing for ultimate swag points if you land the spear. If you don't then you can join the Blitzcrank players that fail a flash grab in the hall of shame.
    Oh yeah. Using cougar -> W right away is a must for more damage since it's fast.

Flash though....
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I was against a premade team yesterday, Thresh threw his lantern back, so enemy Blitz pulled himself in with it, then flashed forward so he was EVEN closer to me and Caitlyn... then missed his grab.
    It's really shameful when you use everything and end up screwing up.

Really awful. xd

Deleted
    I never know whether to laugh at them or to pity them though
    I just say a "oh my god" in a disappointing and sad way, with pity. xd

Deleted

How about that number 2 Maokai chase then. :P

It's possible to go in after doing Q in human form. You just need to do W fast before going into cougar then just spam everything like Xin Zhao.
    Only play Nidalee in ARAMs(and use my full AP runepage, because I can just be a pussy and hide at the back), and in ARAMs just running at them as a squishy is suicide. Really dislike her kitty form in SR, because jumping over walls/jumping in general feels so clunky(always jumps forward) when there's more directions than "charge!" and "retreat!". I could practice it more(and I can see the positive sides to it, and use them extensively in ARAM), but there are many champions I'd rather get good at than Nidalee, she's just way too situational as mid.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Only play Nidalee in ARAMs(and use my full AP runepage, because I can just be a pussy and hide at the back), and in ARAMs just running at them as a squishy is suicide.
    Hehe. I just go flat mana regen yellows with her, along with a chalice, maybe tears, you can spam fairly well while controlling your mana, as long as you don't abuse heal.
    Really dislike her kitty form in SR, because jumping over walls/jumping in general feels so clunky(always jumps forward) when there's more directions than "charge!" and "retreat!". I could practice it more(and I can see the positive sides to it, and use them extensively in ARAM), but there are many champions I'd rather get good at than Nidalee, she's just way too situational as mid.
    I don't think she's that bad as ap mid but I don't know. Situational like you said I guess.

Deleted
    I'm not a mid/top player at all but I tend to see Nidalee be more effective in top than in mid. Mid Nid normally get's eaten alive by the enemy D:
    The problem with mid nid is that you either go AD and do fairly decent/well/etc or do mostly bad because she can't use her Q in there that well.

It basically becomes a farm lane for her as ap. If you focus too much on trying to hit your Q, you'll be losing a lot of CS and then she'll get shit mid game and so on.

It can work but you need to have good experience on mid with her to pull it off, and to be against the right champion too. Or just play safe, clear waves fast with cougar, wait for ganks.

I was against a premade team yesterday, Thresh threw his lantern back, so enemy Blitz pulled himself in with it, then flashed forward so he was EVEN closer to me and Caitlyn... then missed his grab.

Blitz, Varus and Thresh just slowly walked off, it was beautiful
    It is so hit and miss with Blitzcrank players. You either have an amazing one or one that isn't aware they are capable of grabbing an enemy.

I'm not a mid/top player at all but I tend to see Nidalee be more effective in top than in mid. Mid Nid normally get's eaten alive by the enemy D:
    Yeah. As Majad mentioned, spears are a pain to land in mid, because there isn't any curve to the lane/minions. The fact that spears are the only real damage she can do is quite painful mid as well, because if the other guy decides to all in you before 6, you just... spear, heal and run. No way of fighting back, and mid is very burst focused.

And in ARAM I start boots, Tear and a bunch of pots, and then proceed to stay alive at the back forever(usually manage to get my first death around the time I can afford to instabuy Sorc Boots, Dcap and upgrade to Archangel's/Seraph's)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    In the spirit of: 'You have to be able to fullfill every role' I learned every role, but Top I am the worst at.

Funny that I don't play ranked but I do play all roles. :P