DK or Paladin(Tank/DPS)

I have 2 tanks im playing atm. a Paladin, and a DK, both are dps os, Ret and Frost. I cant decide between the 2 as my main raiding char. I have loved playing a paladin but im getting tired of all the nerfs, i also wanna choose which is better versatility raiding, survival, adds and stuff, buffs, ect..ect.. My raid generally consists of

2 Pallies(Me and a Holy)
    War tank
    Lock
    Mage
    Druid(resto)[raid just lost the resto druid]
    2 Priests(holy and shadow)
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2011-06-15 at 03:26 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

DK for sure.

They are a lot more fun to play and have great bonuses to complement a Warrior tank. You'll lose some of the much loved utility pallies have but DK's are still good tanks. You playing frost when dpsing would also allow your hunter to go MM since you'll be bringing the mellee haste buff.

Deleted
    I find paladins very dull, very repetative. On the other hand I love being a Blood DK. They require a bit more concentration on things other than the mechanics of the fight though.

Paladin if you can't multitask very well (not a bad thing, but some people can't), Dk if you want a lot to do.
    Honestly its personal choice, both are good tanks.

DK dps, far more fun than a ret to play, and frost brings a good amount of buffs, melee haste and blood frenzy.

Deleted
    A DK will compliment your raid comp slightly better imo.

That aside both are very doable and will serve you fine for every boss. Pick w/e you enjoy playing more.

dk imo not played my pally as tank at 85 like i have my dk but did play her as dps and absolutely hated it seemed really slow also seemed like i was just waiting for procs the majority of the fight. might give it another go down the line but compared to my dk as frost it sucked.

Im leaning towards DK. I love Pally T12, its amazing, love pally tanking, but im sick of the pally nerfs. I just did HUP on my pally, as ret, almost died, as Prot, killed to slow. But my DK can solo cata dungeons quickly and easy.

Go DK, you wont lose kings thanks to the druid and you still get might because of the other pally and his aura's so DK buffs will be great for the party

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroguard View Post
    Go DK, you wont lose kings thanks to the druid and you still get might because of the other pally and his aura's so DK buffs will be great for the party
    What buffs exactly? Horn is masked by a wars battle shout, aboms might is masked by might(which is stupid). I have tanked on my DK but I havent put as much research into him as my Pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomirizer View Post
    I have loved playing a paladin but im getting tired of all the nerfs
    Not going to be happy with dk's then either.
    Anyways dps spec wise it entirely depends on your preferences. Frost is more or less whack-a-mole with huge proc dependence, unholy is basically a melee beastmaster. Due to the 0.5 sec gcd reduction every dk dps spec feels kinda fast paced. Acquired taste at best - I definitely prefer an at least a bit more steady rotation and less proc dependence. It's still ridiculous how resource starved you can be due to rng and of course the opposite can happen as well.
    Blood dks aren't that bad - but personally I'd prefer the additional raid cooldown anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Not going to be happy with dk's then either.
    Anyways dps spec wise it entirely depends on your preferences. Frost is more or less whack-a-mole with huge proc dependence, unholy is basically a melee beastmaster. Due to the 0.5 sec gcd reduction every dk dps spec feels kinda fast paced. Acquired taste at best - I definitely prefer a at least a bit more steady rotation and less proc dependence.
    Blood dk aren't that bad - but personally I'd prefer the additional raid cooldown anyday.
    what nerfs has blood gotten that equals paladins no longer being able to keep themselves alive? the raid wall was better until it got nerfed to 3 mins.

Been playing my DK more getting him ready for 4.2. Still having issue choosing.