Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    1)HS is a waste of time academically, straight A students by doing nothing.

Deleted
    1. Its better to convince everyone that you are retarded that's trying to achieve something rather then let them see you are lazy and could achieve way more by trying to do so
    2. There is no 100% effective cure to hangover
    3. Marijuana is less harmful then coffee and alcohol
    4. Ignorance is bliss
    Can't think of 6 other things THAT important right not

Deleted
    The MOST important lesson from highschool:

LEARN SOCIAL SKILLS

I've read through this thread, and 90% of the problems and whining people are listing from their highschool time, is due to social issues. If you have great social skills, everything will become a breeze.

- You get to avoid bullying
    - You get to avoid fights and most drama
    - You get to choose your friends from any crowd on campus
    - You will get laid
    - You will get invited to (the good) parties. (or any parties for that matter)
    - You get the priviledge of people covering your ass if you forgot to make your homework
    - You get to look after your classmates papers on tests if you didn't study for that particular one
    - You get people to send/share/discuss homework and papers with you outside school if you are in desperate need
    - You won't get in trouble with the principal, and you will be let off easier than the rest if you get caught as a group doing something stupid
    - You will succeed a lot better when you are assigned group-work (which everyone knows is usually going to drag you down)
    - You get to choose your own date for prom, or even having girls ask/beg you to go with them
    - If classes are boring you can always find shit to do with your classmates, like passing around notes, playing games, making up jokes, or talking about last nights party etc
    -You won't have to sit at lunch alone
    - You end up not hating the world around you
    - You'll be popular, in any crowd
    - teachers will like you (and thus give you great grades automatically with hardly any effort on your part)

The list is endless. In highschool there's usually always a hierachy. Being at the top of this hierarchy doesn't require you to be the best looking, or have the richest parents. It merely requires you to be socially adept. If you aren't, start pursuing ways of becoming so (the internet has endless resources on how to improve your social skills and likability).

Being social is not a personality trait, it's a LEARNABLE SKILL. See it as a muscle - the more you train it, the larger it becomes. If you spend more time around people, you eventually become better at it. Don't isolate yourself and start hanging around people. It's one of the most important skills you will ever learn in life, and the impacts of becoming a social creatue in Highschool will carry waaaay beyond graduation.

Social skills = life skills. Best advice you will get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EKAA25 View Post
    1. Useless
    2. Useless
    3. Useless
    4. Useless
    5. Waste of Time
    6. Waste of Time
    7. Waste of Time
    8. Waste of Time
    9. Waste of Time
    10. Completely useless/waste of time
    i loll'd hahaha xD

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 - Teachers don't know everything.
    2 - Girls are just as shallow as the guys they complain about.
    3 - Swinging on two tables is not a good idea.
    4 - wtf is with this differentiation/integration shit? will I ever really use this? (10 years later, I have of course, not come across a single time in life when I had to use that or 99% of the stuff I learned in high school).
    5 - Good friends can really make a difference in your life. By good friends I mean both in the sense of being close to them, and them being generally good company, nice people, etc.
    6 - Physics is interesting even though I suck at it.
    7 - Two pillars placed close enough to each other can provide a quicker mode of transportation than stairs. (*favourite lesson)
    8 - Climbing is cool. really, really cool. Will be doing this forevermore. (Never looked back from this one).
    9 - Letting yourself down is one thing, but it's much worse when you drag others down with your own incompetency.
    10 - It's never too late to start. It's never too late to keep trying. It might be really late, but it's only too late when you're dead.

1: people suck
    2: really, all of them
    3: That nice-seeming guy over there? He'll stab you in the back given half a chance
    4: Once exams are over you won't have any use for 95% of the crap you learned
    5: Teachers want an easy life as much as you do, so they won't help if you have problems
    6: Boredom can't kill you, but sometimes you'll wish it could
    7: Appearance matters more than what you're really like
    8: No good deed goes unpunished
    9: Never be the only person doing anything, that never ends well
    10: double-check roster changes, especially when "fellow"-students inform you of them.

Yeah, that was the biggest lesson i learnt in school: cynicism...