High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Enchanting and our rings

Right, as it is now, if you are a enchanter you can get a enchant on your rings and that's the only perk we get from our profession. We can get either: strenght, agility, stamina or intellect, but what would you guys say if we could also enchant our ring with mastery and spirit ?

From a tank's point of view, yes it's nice to get 120 extra stamina from our ring enchants, but it would be so sweet if I could enchant my rings with mastery as well. If you are a JC you can get the +67 mastery gem, so how come we as a enchanter can't get the same bonus from our skill as a JC ?
    It could be that 60 mastery x 2 on our rings would be somewhat "OP", but if they scale it down to +40 mastery per ring, then the total bonus would be close to what JC can get (+67 compared to normal gem of +40, x3 = 81)

Deleted
    Professions are different and they therefore give different goodies..

You get 2x 40 stat on a ring w/o thinking about if you have to replace another enchant etc.

As a JC'er you get three gems with 17+ to ONE stat = Will be either blue, red og yellow gem.. Then you have to think where to place them etc. Say you want primary stat, then you either need to find 3 slots of that colour to get the item +bonus for socket.. OR, use your prismatic slots.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I know that there are different professions and that they come with different benefits as "rewards" for choising those professions.

I would just like to see "more" options to our rings which is our reward for going with enchanting as prof.

If you take a deeper look, you'll notice that just about every profession gets a +80 stat bonus now.

Leatherworking's embossment is 80 stat points above other enchants.
    Demonseyes provide +81.
    Mixology with a real flask is 80 point up.
    Inscription's shoulder enchant is 80 above others.
    Blacksmithing allows for two more gems (extra 80 stats.)
    Engineering = 480 stats for 10 seconds, 60 second CD. Which averages out to 80 points.

Tailoring's really the only crafting profession with a leg up, and that's just for casters. They average to a ~143 int bonus.

Your problem is really simple. You want more mastery? Chant rings with stamina, use mastery gems. If its still not enough - use mastery trinkets. I cant imagine tank with ALL the gems

Main stats - str,agi,int,sta - are better than any other stat in game for all classes.

BUT. There is one stat that you cant get with regem, reforge and most professions. Its resilence.
    And there are just 2 professions that can provide you bonus with this stat: Jewelcrafting and Blacksmith.
    Anyway, its just 160 resilance, and you trade it for another important stat. So nothing to worry about.

If you wan't to go for absolute minmaxing, rerolling BS/JC is the only way.