Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gear doesnt matter imo in instances, if you do the dps or healing or tanking up to and above what is required of you, i dont see the point in kicking. Having full t2 pvp gear does help though as a rogue and usually with that 15% buff i pull 17-20k dps, so I cant really see how that would be a problem regardless of the gear Im in.
    "Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams." - W.B. Yeats

Deleted
    I am same situation, but it is PLAYER vs PLAYER gear for a reason, just start off slow and get pve set, even if stats arnt as good.

Till then, it's sad tha people in PvP gear can't be kicked more often.
    If you can complete 5 man heroics comfortably in your PvP gear (performing appropriately, of course), what's the problem?

If the person is doing well, I don't care if they have PvP gear, especially PvP weapons on a DPSer, as pre-Troll 5s those were usually really good for some classes that hadn't gotten a raid drop yet.

I would probably be annoyed that you didn't notice you could heal while being carried by a bird though, but I'd likely assume it's your first time, tell you politely, and then get the boot shined up if you failed at it again

Deleted
    We are talking about dungeons ppl. 5mans. How hard is it to heal/dps while in pvp-gear? Im doing way more dps in my pvp-gear then in my pve-gear for example. If you can heal through an instance without having problems with mana, go for it. If you have problems WITH mana (which you rarely have) then maybe check your gear out. And as a tank, my vote go for a no, dont use pvp-gear, but thats only tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people (myself included) figure that if the person doesn't realize pve gear is better for pve, they're probably not going to do well anyway.

Summary: Good players don't shoot themselves in the foot before they're out of the gate.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hookups View Post
    Gear doesnt matter imo in instances, if you do the dps or healing or tanking up to and above what is required of you, i dont see the point in kicking. Having full t2 pvp gear does help though as a rogue and usually with that 15% buff i pull 17-20k dps, so I cant really see how that would be a problem regardless of the gear Im in.
    If you're still able to do epic DPS, I don't mind. If you don't run oom asap as a healer, I don't mind as well. If you're still able ... no really, you can't tank like at all with PvP gear. And I know that out of experience with my healer. Those PvP tanks took so much damn damage due to wrong talent points picked out, shit avoidance, etc.
    Really, it's either the tank out or I'm out. No doubt

Its stupid. I cant votekick players from BGs for not wearing pvp gear so why can they vote kick people from dungeons for pvp gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

Quote Originally Posted by Sprots View Post
    If you can complete 5 man heroics comfortably in your PvP gear (performing appropriately, of course), what's the problem?
    Because 95% of the player in said pvp gear CAN'T do well, and are a pain in the ass ?
    There is probably the same amount of baddies in PvP gear than in PvE gear, except in the first case they miss a shitload of stats (and caps) due to the PvP gear, not talking about spec, meaning they perform even LESS than in lower PvE gear.

And i'm not talking about all the "PvP heroes" that are bragging about their arena and rated bg rating and can't heal or dps properly in instance, because they have no clue how it's done, and go by the whole "it's pve it's loleasy lol" line (and failling at it isn't a problem with them, it's ALWAYS the 4 other's fault offcourse ).

You HATE when people come with the wrong gear in your PvP sandbox, so don't do the same ? I hate people cheating the ailvl requirement to enter instances so i don't do it. I hate people wearing PvP gear in my instances so i don't do BG without PvP gear (i've collected a set just for that, and i might have done like 2 BG since Cata release).

Stop doing EXACTLY what you are complainning others are doing to you.....

When it comes to pve, I have both pvp and pve sets of gear,but i always use pvp gear in pve set if it brings me benefits. If my pvp boots are better then pve boots i will simply use them cause they give me increased dps. If u are in full pvp gear then that is problem, i got kicked few times while being in full pvp gear. On the other hand as i stated few pvp paarts wont kill u if they bring u benefits.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

If he is at 1900 rating, he should be full vicious.
    So, its mainly 365 > 346 (And he should also have a lot of vicious)
    However, if his 2 trinkets are PvP, it may be really hard.
    Personally, I heal 12/12 normal in full vicious except trinkets (Tyrande Doll and Tsunami deck) not a single PvE item (Mainly cuz I did it once and not a single hpala item dropped during that guild run xD)
    I never had mana problems, never low HPS etc etc.
    So I say it depends on your trinket and if you are protection style (full resi gems) or healing style (max healing output gems)
    I have healed and tanked ZA/ZG a zillion times now, tanking in 357 gear (easy) and healing in 363 pvp gear (even more easy)
    Therefore, I give healers a chance in pvp gear (except if the 3 DPSes are super geared and timed is definetly something we shuold make, then I am not giving them a first chance)

Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    Ive tried to do 6 instances this past week as a healer for the satchel of exotic mysteries. The first two heroics I healed perfect, no wipes, no mana problems, nothing. The next 4 kicked. I was vote kicked after a wipe on the first boss ( first time i did that fight, boss was at 3% life when i got carried by a bird in ZA and tank died). The other 3, before the instance started. I have to deal with crappy DPS coming into BG's with no resil and lose, yet I cant PvE when I have the stats to? Blizz should change the vote kick system, to much abuse.

My gear is full PvP blues gem's and enchants and epic weps, I have 2 1900 teams ( not that it matters, but shows that I understand my class and its limitations. )

Do you votekick people with PvP gear?
    This is very unfortune however I must inform you that this is a PVE game with PVP aspects, yes you can play how you want to but if you want to run dungeons without issues (it seems) you will have to acquire a PvE set, just as you would suspect people would do for PvP, however in the PvP case of things you have to do PvP to get PvP gear, where as PvE you have gear regardless.

PvP gear is not optimal for PvE but you can still use it, unless you are doing absolutely awful you should not have any issues and people should not kick you because of it, nor would I ever kick someone using PvP gear unless it was affecting the group overall or they were just a poor person in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohgrag View Post
    So get PvE gear. Problem solved
    Also this.

Because 95% of the player in said pvp gear CAN'T do well, and are a pain in the ass ?
    You are kind of missing the point in that wearing PvP gear and underperforming are not necessarily linked. If you're going to vote kick, do it based on tangible results as opposed to your preconceived notions.

If the person in question, after a few pulls, clearly has no idea what they are doing and dragging the run down around them, go ahead. BUT, if they're pulling their weight, why deny them the opportunity to participate?
    Last edited by Sprots; 2011-06-06 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    Ive tried to do 6 instances this past week as a healer for the satchel of exotic mysteries. The first two heroics I healed perfect, no wipes, no mana problems, nothing. The next 4 kicked. I was vote kicked after a wipe on the first boss ( first time i did that fight, boss was at 3% life when i got carried by a bird in ZA and tank died). The other 3, before the instance started. I have to deal with crappy DPS coming into BG's with no resil and lose, yet I cant PvE when I have the stats to? Blizz should change the vote kick system, to much abuse.

My gear is full PvP blues gem's and enchants and epic weps, I have 2 1900 teams ( not that it matters, but shows that I understand my class and its limitations. )

Do you votekick people with PvP gear?
    Four other people decided that they didn't want you in the group. Working as intended.

Also, no where in your post did you say the group told you they were kicking you for being in PvP gear. You probably are assuming that is the reason, and not because you might not be a good player.

As long as the person isn't doing low amounts of dps, can't keep people or a tank, I really couldn't care if they were wearing dps gear.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Summary: Good players don't shoot themselves in the foot before they're out of the gate.
    Well said. Prepare for things like they should be prepared. Just because people come into your battlegrounds in PvE gear doesn't mean you are somehow justified in bringing PvP gear to a heroic. The fact is itemization is lost with your useless resilience gear.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the work it takes to get fancy Conq and PvP gear, and if you've got rather high level stuff I usually feel safe in assuming you know how to play the game. I don't kick someone with PvP gear unless I can really tell it's holding the group back.

Be reasonable, people.

PS: Blizzard made these cool Rated Battlegrounds for those of you complaining about PvE gear in battlegrounds. I know it's not a perfect solution, but again, be reasonable.

You people saying "Just get PvE gear huuuuurr!!" aren't really contributing to this thread. Perhaps, just perhaps, that's what he's trying to accomplish by playing PvE in the first place. Are you guys saying that using his green quest items are better than 352 PvP gear? Because that's not true in the slightest.

Also, he's not hindering the group in any way. Neither are a lot of the people who use PvP gear.

Furthermore, I don't think it's fair that people wearing PvP gear in a heroic can get instantly kicked, but people in BGs sporting PvE gear can do whatever they want.

That said, no I do not vote kick people in heroics wearing PvP gear until I notice it actually becomes a problem.

You are kind of missing the point in that wearing PvP gear and underperforming are mutually exclusive. If you're going to vote kick, do it based on tangible results as opposed to your preconceived notions.

If the person in question, after a few pulls, clearly has no idea what they are doing and dragging the run down around them, go ahead. BUT, if they're pulling their weight, why deny them the opportunity to participate?
    Erm what? How are they mutually exclusive?
    You can be in PvP gear and suck just as easily as you could in PvE gear.

OP, sounds like people are simply trying to save themselves some headaches by kicking you before you have the chance to wipe them. It doesn't matter that you feel that you have no problems healing, turning up in gear that is sub-optimal for the instance does not fill the rest of the group with confidence, it makes you look like you're tricking the system to try and get carried through the instance, you can't honestly be surprised at their reaction.

You are kind of missing the point in that wearing PvP gear and underperforming are mutually exclusive. If you're going to vote kick, do it based on tangible results as opposed to your preconceived notions.

Yeah i could do that... or stop having to go through a 30 mins ordeal everytime there is PvP heroes in a group and VK them at the start... meaning in the worst case i replace a supragood PvPer running PvE content (and hence should have PvE gear equivalent or superior to his PvP gear by now) by a baddie in PvE gear. And yet 90% of the time i will just replace a PvP bad by a PvE geared Bad, not much better, but at least his gear won't take him down even further....

People in PvP gear have nothing to do in PvE content, PERIOD. It's not designed for it, it's not adapted, and they would do better in the same lvl of PvE gear (which shouldn't be hard to get for them).

And from the OP, it's clearly obvious that in at least one occasion he was booted because the 4 others were considering he wasn't able to heal (which is probably true since it happened 3 more times after).

I tend to save my VK for the most retarded person in the group if things start failing.

I'd rather have an okay healer in pvp gear than a death knight in blues, greens, inexcusably using a sub 333 weapon (go do fuckin crucible, or some quests) who manages to pull sub 4k dps. given the scarcity of vk privileges.

On that note, I used JP to buy 90% of my starter honor gear. I don't see why you couldn't use some of that honor to buy a few peices of pve starter gear. I'd wager that you're much less likely to be kicked if people see you in 50-75% badge gear, filling in holes with pvp gear.

see. the thing with VK is. if the majority wants you gone. you don't get a say in the matter (and because it was a majority vote, you can't complain.) It isn't abusing the system (which is already heavily restrictive) if everyone in the group doesn't want you there. just be thankful that it doesn't give you a deserter debuff or something.