addon needed: time for raid boss/adds to die

hi there,
    I am in need of an addon (if it even exists) that is a bit more complicated version of TimeToDie boss timer (maybe TTD does what I need, I'm at work can't test it right now). I am looking for those functionalities
    • tracking multiple bosses during the fight (conclave, council, nef+ony)
    • tracking adds' time to die (adds on Al'Akir for instance)
    • tracking reaching fixed % of the boss health (for instance time for next crackle on nef or time to reach 25% on council)

does such functionality exists? is even possible to track?

many thanks,
    /salute

If you are fine with just the current target being tracked, you can use the Addon TimeToDie

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    If you are fine with just the current target being tracked, you can use the Addon TimeToDie
    not really actually, I'd like to see timers for instance on both active council bosses at the same time. also can TimeToDie count down not to 0% but for instance to 90%, 80% and so on for nef cracles?

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    not really actually, I'd like to see timers for instance on both active council bosses at the same time. also can TimeToDie count down not to 0% but for instance to 90%, 80% and so on for nef cracles?
    It can only do one target at a time (either target or focus). But with some lua knowledge it should be possible to modify it to have two timers,
    one for target, one for focus. In worst case, just make two addons out of it, one hardcoded for target, one hardcoded for focus.

It always counts to 0%, again you would need to change the lua code with special check if Target is Nefarian or such.

Sadly this is the only such addon I found anywhere.

It can only do one target at a time (either target or focus). But with some lua knowledge it should be possible to modify it to have two timers,
    one for target, one for focus. In worst case, just make two addons out of it, one hardcoded for target, one hardcoded for focus.

It always counts to 0%, again you would need to change the lua code with special check if Target is Nefarian or such.

Sadly this is the only such addon I found anywhere.
    thanks for that. I'm much of a LUA coder but at the very least it's a start. follow up question though: is there a particular reason why this works only for target/focus? is it possible for it to work like boss frame and just display info for every mob that counts as a boss (like council/conclave)?

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    thanks for that. I'm much of a LUA coder but at the very least it's a start. follow up question though: is there a particular reason why this works only for target/focus? is it possible for it to work like boss frame and just display info for every mob that counts as a boss (like council/conclave)?

To avoid misunderstandings: This is not my addon. I am not the author.
    It is just the only such addon my research revealed. As to why it is only for target/focus, I guess it is easier to get to the Unit using a call
    of UnitName("target") or whatever. If this is not enough for you I suggest "fusing" this addon with one of those addons which show all possible targets in a fight and make one addon out of those. I just fear it seems to be the only addon into this direction existing.

after spending some time on the subject it seems there is no working addon for that.
    only viable solution would be to play with LUA scripting and extend functionality that TimeToDie has. but unfortunately that's something above my level of lua knowledge

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they're specifically a Boss-type enemy (ie, they have a Boss Frame), then they can be referenced just as easily as Target/Focus can (UnitName("bossx") where x is 1-5).

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    If they're specifically a Boss-type enemy (ie, they have a Boss Frame), then they can be referenced just as easily as Target/Focus can (UnitName("bossx") where x is 1-5).
    Hmmm, then the "only" thing which would be needed would be someone to extend that addon
    to have several frames displayed instead of just one. Or making 5 addons of it, with each having
    a choice to what to set it to ^^

Hmmm, then the "only" thing which would be needed would be someone to extend that addon
    to have several frames displayed instead of just one. Or making 5 addons of it, with each having
    a choice to what to set it to ^^
    that's definitely the way. another thing would be the possibility to set to what percentage addon counts down (for instance to 25% for ascendant council or to every 10% on nef)

I'd love to do it but my lack of LUA knowledge hurts so bad. so I guess WTB LUA coder with a bit of free time that is willing to do good for community

wow some really good stuff here,
    still I would love for some LUA coder to pick this up. I think it has potential to evolve into a rather nice addon and sadly I dont have l33t skills to do so myself... anyone?