Thread: Auto Use Addon?

Auto Use Addon?

Any ideas on (if even possible) to set up a macro, or even better an addon, to auto use trinkets/abilities on cooldown? Trinkets such as Core of Ripeness (spt on use) and abilities such as Lifeblood (haste on use - herbalism).

As always, thank you in advance.

Deleted
    Without meaning to derail your thread, it's probably better if you don't use that anyway, so you can line it up with Hero/BL, a Potion or a particular boss phase, such as Magmaw when his head is exposed. You can use PowerAuras to tell you when your abilties come off cooldown and I'm pretty sure you can use it to tell you when your potion and trinkets come off cooldown too, that way you can then choose to use it then, or save it for a better time.

Personally I am terrible at using on use trinkets. As a healer, I just attach it to my judgment because I cast that so often my trinkets/items will be used every time possible. If I dont do this. they dont get used.

/cast Judgement
    /use Core of Ripeness

10+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdo has this option but I turned it off. I prefer to activate Core of Ripeness manually. I am sure there are other addons that will do this but I don't know any names.

Trinkets and such are always off the GCD so you can macro it into your rotation.

I have it in a few places but have the combat modifier JUST so I don't waste CDs out of combat, example:

Code:
    #showtooltip Wild Growth
    /use [combat]Lifeblood
    /use [combat]Core of Ripeness
    /cast Wild Growth
    Your mileage may vary so mix and match them however you like.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Ok, great, tyvm for the input.
    ntly
    One of reasons I didnt macro to cast was that I am currently using healium, which only allows for the spells (although I may have missed a setting)...although the MAIN reason is im a complete heals noob and wanted to minimize cd management for a few weeks until my heal casts are more second nature to me (5 toons and im just getting around to healing...so lazy lol).

I suggest to you something else - installing some addon which *really* informs you "Hey, it's me, your trinket. Use me!" A Buff/Debuff/Cooldown addon like Raven or WymBuffs could be used. Or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text. Or PowerAuras. And choose a really annoying Sample ;-) (Did this myselves with the cast "Flame Orb")

Deleted
    Anyway, as this hasn't been said before (or maybe I missed it), it's not possible for addons to cast spells/use items without player interaction.

Deleted
    You could bind trinkets to your cooldowns such as Paladin wings, or tree form if you're a drood. The macro would look like:

Code:
    #showtooltip Avenging Wrath
    /use NAME OF TRINKET 1
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Avenging Wrath

Deleted
    problem with that is that most current trinkets have a weird 1:30 cooldown. it means that macroing it together with a 2 or even 3 minute CD will lower the uptime, and therefore the power.

personally, i prefer trinkets with chance on hit/damage/spellcast. those will always have close to maximum uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Trinkets and such are always off the GCD so you can macro it into your rotation.
    Without going into the game right now to test this, I am 90% sure that my trinkets are and have always been subject to GCD. Maybe some trinkets are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Anyway, as this hasn't been said before (or maybe I missed it), it's not possible for addons to cast spells/use items without player interaction.
    As I said before, Vuhdo has an option to auto activate trinkets on CD. In order to get around the rule that you are mentioning I believe they are tied to your next spell cast when they are off CD. As a healer this irritated me when I would try to cast a quick emergency heal and it would first use a GCD to pop a trinket so I turned it off.

100% sure they aren't.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    They just macro it into every spell I assume.

Awkward cooldown trinkets could just be macroed onto a commonly used ability, such as a common heal or basic nuke if you want to take the need to manually use it away.

Deleted
    Honestly, if you're going to macro a usable throughput healing trinket onto your general spells then you might as well not bother using it at all.

When you're DPSing, if you use a throughput trinket at a bad time then you may be missing out on some other cooldowns or high damage phase interactions and thus not get the most benefit out of it, but you still get quite a lot of benefit. This is a case where macro'ing them onto standard nukes is not optimal, but it's not terrible. DPS proc trinkets are essentially doing this automatically and they make up for the randomness by generally being somewhat more powerful than an equivalent manual trinket.

The same is not really true of healing: if you use a throughput trinket when there's no need for additional throughput then it's completely wasted. This is why proc'ing throughput trinkets are of dubious value for healers.

The power of usable throughput healing trinkets comes from the fact that you can use them when you need them. This is part of healing, and to reiterate my first statement: if you're using them when you don't need them then there's no point using them at all.

P.s. The caveat to the above is that if your healing trinket "use" (or proc) is a mana regeneration mechanic then it's usually fine to use them as frequently as possible, after all: if you're on full mana and nobody needs healing then that's the time for healer DPS!