10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Warped Tour 2011

whos all going, and if not why not?

also this is my first concert so how are all the bands supposed to play? there is at least 50 on the site

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's anything like the local yearly concert here, there will be several stages and the event lasts at least the whole weekend. 50 bands isn't really that much when you consider multiple stages and each once having 30 minutes max.

I see some good bands there. illScarlett, Less than Jake, Sum 41, Unwritten Law, Paramore, Relient K. Definitely worth seeing for those.

I might go to the Minneapolis one this year, but warped usually has shitty bands. Only ones worth seeing to me are Expendables, Passafire and Pepper. Already been to a Pepper show but they put on a helluva show. I like how Grieves n Budo are gonna be there too but I just saw them at SOUNDSET. Soundset > Warped Tour

10+ Year Old Account
    All I remember of warped tour is that it was hot, but that's probably cuz I'm in San Diego and it was in a giant parking lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Warped this year has one of the best line ups I've seen in the last 5 years. ADTR and Set Your Goals are the two bands I will not miss.

OP: Warped tour is set up with about 5-6 stages that are spread out, they usually asign about 10 bands to a stage. Bands are usually ranked on popularity so main stage will be the bigger bands working down to the smalled bands that play on like Skullcandy, thats what it was last year. Not sure on the stage names this year. Hope you have a good time, don't get to crazy :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I must be getting old. I have heard of maybe 5 bands on the tour this year.

I have not been since 2001 when Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies and Pennywise headlined. That was an amazing show. Rancid, The Vandals, Bouncing Souls, H20, Flogging Molly, Less Than Jake, The Living End, Jurassic 5, and capped off by watching 311 get booed off the stage for going over their time and cutting into Rancids and then a 20+ min. version of Bro Hymn by Pennywise. God damn, that was alot of fun.

As far as the set up goes, it might vary by area, but at the San Francisco one I went to, they have two main stages that were side by side and 3-5 smaller stages set around the area. The main stages would alternate so there was always a band playing and another setting up. Oh, and get there early! The one I went to said it started at 12, but some bands started even ealier. I missed The Ataris cause of that...
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2011-06-09 at 02:30 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been to one in Atlanta and in Nashville, but it's been 10 years ago or so. Atlanta was miserably hot being in a parking lot there as well.

Not all bands make it to every city. The headliners generally do but some of the smaller ones do not. They have several stages set up with bands going at the same times. You can plan it out or just wander around and catch random bands.

Based on the list of bands, I would try to catch Big D And The Kids Table and Less than Jake (They put on a good live show or at least they did when I saw them), but I'm partial to ska. Other than that I'm not sure about the other bands.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Man, I must be getting old. I have heard of maybe 5 bands on the tour this year.

I have not been since 2001 when Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies and Pennywise headlined. That was an amazing show. Rancid, The Vandals, Bouncing Souls, H20, Flogging Molly, Less Than Jake, The Living End, Jurassic 5, and capped off by watching 311 get booed off the stage for going over their time and cutting into Rancids and then a 20+ min. version of Bro Hymn by Pennywise. God damn, that was alot of fun.
    That was the last year I went as well. I always enjoyed seeing the Mighty Mighty Bosstones there as well. They put on a great show. I don't think we got Rancid though I want to say Nofx was there instead. But that might have been a different year.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking into going on July first here in Pomona, California....not sure yet though as I will have a visitor from England and not sure how he would react to all of that craziness.
    I love you forever and ever and then some times two

WTB this in Australia...although we did get Soundwave

Warped Tour is meh now a days. The line up has really gone to shit over the past 8 or 9 years. It's always hot as hell and it seems like it always rains. Used to be like 20 bucks to get in, now its 45. And where the hell are the legends this year?

There are only 4 bands I have any interest in seeing. Big D, LTJ, Lucero, and Against Me.

Not trying to deter you from going, just my opinion. I'd take The Fest over Warped Tour any day though.

Warped Tour looks to be fricken amazing. ADTR, A Skylit Drive, Less Than Jake, Paramore, Pepper...

And then I realized it's not coming to Western Canada. At all. /sadface
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

As far as the set up goes, it might vary by area, but at the San Francisco one I went to, they have two main stages that were side by side and 3-5 smaller stages set around the area. The main stages would alternate so there was always a band playing and another setting up. Oh, and get there early! The one I went to said it started at 12, but some bands started even ealier. I missed The Ataris cause of that...
    Yea, you are getting old :P

I know at least a good 20 bands in there that I like and listen, I don't even know if I can go see all the ones I want. Sick lineup, to be honest.

To really like Warped Tour, you have to really be in the Post-Hardcore/Metalcore scene. I feel extremely sorry for those kids who bought a ticket just to go see 3OH3!. Oh well, right? On my list, it looks like;

A Day to Remember
    Asking Alexandria
    Attack Attack!
    August Burns Red
    D.R.U.G.S (I expect a hell of a lot out of them)
    Dance Gavin Dance
    Miss May I
    The Devil Wears Prada (legends )
    We Came as Romans

Montreal 2011, AWWWWWH YEAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Montreal 2011, AWWWWWH YEAAAA
    You're a jerk.

western canada plz
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't plan on going. I don't think a 3 hour drive to see 2 or 3 good bands is worth it.

I've got my little sister coming to visit and we're going to drive out to the Charlotte show. Should be a good time. I know she's got a few bands she's interested in seeing, I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever she chooses.