Hunter Stat Stix

This is a developing thought that requires more thought and a few actions to take place.
    1) Remove melee weapons for hunters
    2) increase the stats on the hunter ranged weapons.
    3) replace hunter melee weapons with a relic like item that can be bought from vendors like dks, pallies, shammies and druids
    4) no melee weapons means let hunters shoot point blank, if a hunter wants to stand toe to toe with a melee class then let them, warriors and rogues would rather not play the kite game anyways on a bad hunter
    if you have constructive posts that could improve or help build on this idea please comment
    Last edited by Blacklisted; 2011-06-09 at 04:14 PM. Reason: more info

I think being able to kite a melee endlessly is the fun part. I understand some 3's can be frustrating with TSG or kitty cleave but removing the minimal range of your ranged attacks would totally dumb down hunters to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffari View Post
    I think being able to kite a melee endlessly is the fun part. I understand some 3's can be frustrating with TSG or kitty cleave but removing the minimal range of your ranged attacks would totally dumb down hunters to nothing.
    Pretty much this. Removing our melee zone completely would not only make us overpowered, but lower the skill ceiling substantially. I like the fact that hunters are a difficult class, i hate playing faceroll classes. And i lurv to kite
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    No just no.

I do not play the game anymore. But if you have every played the Vanilla quest line to get your epic bow you'll know why there's a melee zone for hunters. It is needed! One of our major CC abilites for kiting is a melee attack. Converting it to a ranged attack would just be way too much faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    Pretty much this. Removing our melee zone completely would not only make us overpowered, but lower the skill ceiling substantially. I like the fact that hunters are a difficult class, i hate playing faceroll classes. And i lurv to kite
    hunters haven't been difficult or challenging for a long time, and on top of that dumbing down hunters it has been the general direction blizzard has been going for some time, every patch they take out something "confusing", well confusing to mouth breathers and interesting to the rest of us.

Why take away kiting? That is absolutely our reason to exist in many situations.

u guys got it all wrong, im not saying taking away kiting, u have to kite to survive. the minimal range is just dumb, especially in pve. basically this.... if u want do good in pvp u have to kite a melee, no doubt, but if u are ballsy enuff to stand and shoot a warrior in his face then so be it, it would not make hunters op in the least bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Why take away kiting? That is absolutely our reason to exist in many situations.
    I don't see where he said he wanted to remove kiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
    u guys got it all wrong, im not saying taking away kiting, u have to kite to survive. the minimal range is just dumb, especially in pve. basically this.... if u want do good in pvp u have to kite a melee, no doubt, but if u are ballsy enuff to stand and shoot a warrior in his face then so be it, it would not make hunters op in the least bit.
    That's all well and good but I have to ask, when was the last time the minimum range was actually a problem for you in PVE? I'm not sure if you've noticed but pretty much any boss fight that requires you to hug the target WILL currently let you use both melee and ranged attacks on it at the same time when you're up in it's face. There's a dozen bosses like this right now.

Clearly, Blizzard is aware that the minimum range can be a concern for us sometimes in dungeons and raids, and have added special coding to such bosses just for us. The minimum range will NEVER go away for pvp, so quit asking. You're essentially asking for us to be a physical caster. Able to stand and fight at any range, I don't want this, and neither do any of the people who constantly whine about "homogenization". I enjoy the interplay between our ranged and melee abilities (all 2 of them) in pvp, and don't see any need for change.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    This is a developing thought that requires more thought and a few actions to take place.
    3) replace hunter melee weapons with a relic like item that can be bought from vendors like dks, pallies, shammies and druids
    4) no melee weapons means let hunters shoot point blank, if a hunter wants to stand toe to toe with a melee class then let them, warriors and rogues would rather not play the kite game anyways on a bad hunter
    if you have constructive posts that could improve or help build on this idea please comment

OP, Please learn to do a search, there was already a really good thread about this a while ago. The OP of that thread had better ideas than yourself. infact your ideas are idiotic and basically say.*The hunter class is nothing like i want it to be and this is how i want it to be* which in turn leads me to believe, you do not like your class and that you should probably bugger off to another game entirely.

Some of the ideas in another thread included:

Giving hunters stat sticks in the form of Pistols. These would replace melee weapons and aswell as giving stats, they would allow melee shooting but not quite as powerfull as the big bow strapped to your back.

If, hunters could stand toe to toe and shoot their bow then yes that would be great, expect huge nerfs to compensate though effectively rendering the class useless in comparison to its effectiveness today.

Hunters are awesome as they are, give us a pistol or just leave us alone all together please =P

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    hunters haven't been difficult or challenging for a long time, and on top of that dumbing down hunters it has been the general direction blizzard has been going for some time, every patch they take out something "confusing", well confusing to mouth breathers and interesting to the rest of us.
    I think we may be talking about two different things. I'm sorry i should have been more specific. My post was directed toward pvp . We have certainly been getting easier in pve, no doubt about that.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    While everyone is moaning about polearms or staffs and how is main priority, is there not one idea being missed
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2338-Druid-Fire-Cat-Form-Avengers-of-Hyjal-Valor-Points-Rewards-Setup-of-the-Month
    Relic classes get relics from valor
    Spell casters get wands for valor
    Warriors (tank/dps) get a ranged item for valor
    Rogues get ranged from valor
    In general these items are stat sticks:
    Should there not be a hunter based weapon from valor, either with negligible DPS since they really use it so ferals won't want it or staff/polearm which is class specific, similar to http://www.wowhead.com/item=36737 ?