Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how to bring back 40 man

make the pvp bosses 40 man.. I mean they are puggable right? why not then? atleast this way you can get more of your faction geared at once... plus have higher chances at getting their loot to drop (on an overbalanced server where BH runs are limited due to lack of ownership of TB) since a 40 man boss should drop about 12 drops

would also give a reason to use up all that extra raid space on the raid page...

guess its could be fun

If 40 mans were brought, this would probably be the way to do it.

That said, 40 mans are an archaic system that never need to come back

Deleted
    All I heard was "12 drops" and as someone who leads raids and master loots stuff, I do not support this idea.

>.>
    <.<

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Well said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Co-signed.

I'd rather see outdoor bosses that require 40 or MORE players. Try to make it Guild Wars 2 style and that you don't need to join a raid but you can help the fight and everyone who participates get something.

Just fun for, an epic fight with 80-100 players. Once every month or something, everyone get loot based on how much they contributed to the fight. Someone joining late get some cheap gems, the one doing most damage get some cool epic item. Yeah.

Just to give WoW more life outside of Stormwind/Orgrimmar and the LFG tool.

Deleted
    I'm sure there would only be 8 loot drop if they did implement this, the formula atm for loot is divide the number in the raid by 5. Could be interesting but my pc couldnt handle it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    I'd rather see outdoor bosses that require 40 or MORE players. Try to make it Guild Wars 2 style and that you don't need to join a raid but you can help the fight and everyone who participates get something.

Just fun for, an epic fight with 80-100 players. Once every month or something, everyone get loot based on how much they contributed to the fight. Someone joining late get some cheap gems, the one doing most damage get some cool epic item. Yeah.

Just to give WoW more life outside of Stormwind/Orgrimmar and the LFG tool.
    40 Man was basically bad even in Vanilla. I don´t even want to think how much work it was to keep a Raidgroup together and good enouth(read: keep the Mouthbreathers to a minimum) to down bosses.

A fight of this scale would also be a total balance horror.
    @The "bolded" Part
    Thats dump, especially with the class balance overall. Even in Rift the system is greatly flawed.
    I could simply drup hots on friggin everyone even if they were totally fine and my Point were skyrocking.

signed.

/who 85
    on Ursin-US
    returns less than 10 ppl........

so pugging any raid of any size is pretty much out the window, let alone a boosted 40man

Deleted
    Everyone who raided 40 man wouldn't go back to that.

Just move on.

Noone even runs 25 man BH. Who would face the horrors of getting 39 terrible ppl for a boss?

Deleted
    40 mans were mostly enjoyable because you were with 40 friends.

bh is the pug pinyata.

this would not work.

also back in the day while raids were 40 man you quite often did them with 35~ as it was a lot easier to work with a missing member or 8, these days in 25mans there are not many if any heroic bosses anyone is anywhere near even dreaming of that you can do with less than everyone being alive.

normal modes is slightly different

over a month ago my guild had a dps dc as we 'droped down' to onyxia and then went on to 24man nef. he didn't even drop down and jsut died to that aura of cowardice nef does to people who arn't down there in the first 10 seconds of the fight.

For me, the only reason I could see them bringing back 40 man raids (and I very very much doubt this would ever happen) is if, after a new raid tier was released, they allowed everybody to participate in a 40 man clearing of the 25 man version of the previous tier's raids led by some NPCs so that the raids could be considered officially cleared lore-wise, and to allow anybody who still couldn't clear them to witness some boss deaths.

Deleted
    40 mans where hugely problematic, the time and effort it takes to find 40 people, then the loot issues, was fantastic to have 40 people at once but the issues where so huge it wasn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    Noone even runs 25 man BH. Who would face the horrors of getting 39 terrible ppl for a boss?
    most people dont know it exists...

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Already the majority raids 10 man...what would this accomplish?

Yes..we loved 40 mans, because we didn't know better. Looking back from what I know today..they were a pain. Does "Loot the f****** dog" mean anything to you?
    you mean "pls loot the corehound?" yes i remember it.. yes I still have my old macro.. hell i still have my I AM THE BOMB macro...

I also remember the epic feel of watching 15 fireballs, 9 frostbolts, 3 shadowbolts, 1 Mind Flay, 30 huge Arrows stuck in the bosses chest, the 5 separate groups of mobs being tanked apart and DPSed down together...

those were some epic fucking days man.. now its just i dunno.. doesnt have that shazam...

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 11:47 AM ----------

back then you felt you were a part of something.. now days you feel like a small band of super heroes...

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 11:48 AM ----------

and some of em are really "super"...

Deleted
    It's true 40 mans have that epic feelings, but by that logic you know what's even more epic? 100 man raids. At some point you gotta draw the line and end the epicness for the sake of convenience and actually having a playable game. They drew the line at 25. I personally raid 10m because even 24 good people are hard to find.

Deleted
    If 40 mans were brought, this would probably be the way to do it.

I agree. While it was fun at the time, looking back there is really no reason to miss 40mans. Horrible fps lag, people slacking, hard to get geared.. etc.

The new system seems to be working mostly okay. Still some issues about loot distribution methods but thats not a discussion for this thread.

Deleted
    Eh? How to?

Deleted
    please no, 40 man raids was a mistake