Do you think 4.2 raid content will be gated?

Do you think 4.2 raid content will be gated? It could be a way for them to artificially extend the raid's life, like what they did with ToC (releasing 1 boss at a time) and ICC (1 wing at a time). I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Deleted
    I doubt it they probably would have announced it before now.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddips View Post
    I doubt it they probably would have announced it before now.
    Well they haven't even officially announced the patch yet, they still have a lot of time to do announcements.

Deleted
    Correct me if im wrong but didn't they say you could choose which ever boss you want to kill first? Therefor i doubt they are going to release 1 boss at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    Well they haven't even officially announced the patch yet, they still have a lot of time to do announcements.
    So having the patch notes state release on them and the next season 2 weeks away is not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Xzard View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but didn't they say you could choose which ever boss you want to kill first? Therefor i doubt they are going to release 1 boss at the time.
    Aside from Majordomo and Rag, you can kill whichever you want in whatever order.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    So having the patch notes state release on them and the next season 2 weeks away is not enough?
    I'm not doubting the fact that it will be released on June 21st, I'm just saying that it's wrong to think they can't announce anything else at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Aside from Majordomo and Rag, you can kill whichever you want in whatever order.
    Thanks for statin the obvious :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xzard View Post
    Thanks for statin the obvious :P
    I'm not sure what your definition of "stating the obvious is" I answered the OP's question, and also clarified someones original post.

Didn't they say they had learned that gating = unhappy raiders and would refrain from doing it again?

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally hope they'll never gate again...it was horrible during Sunwell, it was horrible during ToC (nevermind the fact that ToC was horrible as well), and it was horrible during ICC.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I don't think there is gating in 4.2.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

no they won't do that because:
    A) you can choose which boss from the 4 (i think) starting ones to do first.
    B) In ICC, the whole point was progression through the hardest raid of that time (although i think ulduar in its tier was much much harder).
    C) In ToC, it was kidna stupid, because a coliseum is supposed to have all the fights at once, but whatever.
    D) In ICC, if they released all the bosses at once, then at first people wouldn't get past the 4th boss and they would have to do it week after week after week. This way, when the second wing came out with putricide, ppl already had the gear from the weeks before.

We know it won't be. Unless you think having to go through normal for heroics is gating.