Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    22,5 hours of raiding each week in your guild?? That's almost as much time you'd spend if you were to go to a college ! That's more time than the average part-time job !!! Needless to say I'm sure you log in to do random other stuff in WoW in addition to those spent raiding... That's a LOT of time spent in-game. You dedicate almost 1 full day each week to raid. I used to raid 7-9 hours a week and thought that was much but geez...
    Yeah, God forbid they spend time on things that they enjoy, right? How dare people spend more time than you on a hobby.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danaerius View Post
    Honestly! - Who cares about your guild and your qq - I'm --pyched that it's supposed to be the 21st. Am so ready - get it pushed back to fall - screw you dude/dudette
    What? I thought it got pushed back to the 28th...

Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    Very similar situation, but I am still happy Firelands is coming when it is. Fact is, due to massive guild problems we have gone weeks without proper raiding, looking back on track now, but yea.. this tier is finished.

No regrets, onto Firelands!
    This is basically it for me. While I'd like to accomplish more this tier, I'm excited for Firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    They spend 22.5 hours a week - which isn't even a lot - on a hobby they enjoy; they clear content faster than you because they're more skilled players.

You should also work on your maths skills, since it's around the region of 250 hours spent on progress. 1,300 hours spent on progress is far more akin to the 'average subscriber' who is either incapable or not dedicated enough to kill things in an acceptable amount of time. But sure, let's delay content intended for these people so that they can clear the content that isn't.
    OK, I fail at math. I will admit. However, 22.5 hours a week is a part time-job or the equivalent of a full-time college student. I work full-time, and I'm sorry, but there aren't enough hours in my schedule to allow a 22.5 hours a week hobby along with my other responsibilities. My job schedule is also nothing out of the ordinary. These players are not your average players. Anything more than 2 or 3 raid nights a week separates a guild from the rest of the community. That's hardcore territory. If a person can dedicate 22.5 hours a week to Warcraft, great. I am not criticizing him for that necessarily. HOWEVER, when such a player acts like a condescending douche because the rest of the fail guilds in the Warcraft community are delaying the release of more content, I think some perspective should be given to him. He is #32 in the world, and that is the EXTREME minority. There are tens of thousands of guilds actively raiding!

Oh, and by the way, I found your guilds' raiding schedule on wowprogress:

Our official raiding times are:
    19:00 to 23:00 CET on the working days;
    16:00 to 23:00 CET on the weekends;

We raid seven days per week on progress mode and as little as possible when on farm status.

Serious question. How do you manage real-life responsibilities with that kind of schedule?
    I can only imagine that you are young and have very little responsibility in your life to
    adhere to the above schedule. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't realistically look
    down upon your average player and say, "Oh, you're just less skilled. Yeah, that's the reason. It's not because
    I have the luxury to interrupt my real life and set aside hours and hours every day of the week for two or three months
    during progression periods whenever Blizzard decides to release a content patch. Oh, no, it can't be for THAT reason...
    It's because I'm a CHAMPION and you are bad at the game."
    Last edited by armone; 2011-06-20 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by armone View Post
    Serious question. How do you manage real-life responsibilities with that kind of schedule?
    You clear the content faster than others and can therefore after hitting the finish line take a long nice break.
    Besides, he can quit whenever he want without any real life consequences but he won't because, he does something he like.

The best, is that we had a bunch of people take a WOW break extremely early on when we were still progressing to clear 12/12 (currently 6/13) and they've come back this past week and are now asking to get raid spots over our main raiders who are in half heroic gear, vs these guys who still have blues on :P

currently 10/13 hc so yea would say were ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    You clear the content faster than others and can therefore after hitting the finish line take a long nice break.
    Besides, he can quit whenever he want without any real life consequences but he won't because, he does something he like.
    I understand that about top guilds. They clear stuff extremely fast and then spend 1-2 nights on progression from there. But what
    I don't understand is that progression periods are usually 2-3 months, correct? What do they tell their relatives, spouses, etc., that
    they are spending every day of the week for the next 2-3 months (and possibly more depending on the difficulty of the tier) playing a video game
    for 6 to 8 hours a day? I look at my responsibilities and my guildies' around me, and I think, we honestly don't have the luxury just to interrupt
    our lives like that whenever Blizzard decides to drop patches, unless we take out vacation time, which I would never do for a video game, lol.
    The only way I can see it being possible is if I were a student living as a dependent or had a shitty job with no significant real-life responsibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by armone View Post
    I understand that about top guilds. They clear stuff extremely fast and then spend 1-2 nights on progression from there. But what
    I don't understand is that progression periods are usually 2-3 months, correct? What do they tell their relatives, spouses, etc., that
    they are spending every day of the week for the next 2-3 months (and possibly more depending on the difficulty of the tier) playing a video game
    for 6 to 8 hours a day? I look at my responsibilities and my guildies' around me, and I think, we honestly don't have the luxury just to interrupt
    our lives like that whenever Blizzard decides to drop patches, unless we take out vacation time, which I would never do for a video game, lol.
    The only way I can see it being possible is if I were a student living as a dependent or had a shitty job with no significant real-life responsibilities.
    Or their spouse, relatives, etc either play the game with them or at least understand what and why they are spending so much time playing the game. They also get paid to play the game...
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

22,5 hours of raiding each week in your guild?? That's almost as much time you'd spend if you were to go to a college ! That's more time than the average part-time job !!! Needless to say I'm sure you log in to do random other stuff in WoW in addition to those spent raiding... That's a LOT of time spent in-game. You dedicate almost 1 full day each week to raid. I used to raid 7-9 hours a week and thought that was much but geez...
    4 x 4 hours of raiding per week is the standard for "semi-hardcore" guilds. Add one more day, and it suddenly becomes nolife? Lol, I have weeks where I play 40++ hours, and still manage to "have a life" as ppl call it, and do good enough at school. Playing a game for 20 hours every week isn't much, and it's definitively not a 2nd job.

Anything more than 2 or 3 raid nights a week separates a guild from the rest of the community. That's hardcore territory.
    Lol? It's more like, everything that is less than 3 days a week, is very casual playing.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2011-06-21 at 02:57 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    They also get paid to play the game...
    Nobody is earning a living from this game. There are some sponsorships for the very very top guilds, but that is a tiny tiny fraction of even the best raiders and no one is making enough to live off of.

i dont really seem to have a guild and the recruitment for my hardcore 10-man project is going terrible,so i guess im not ready for firelands.at all
    Awesome avatar by Resentful

9/13 HC - wiping on Sinestra - but I really want new content.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    At least you don't need to clear all heroics to go to Firelands. My guild isn't likely to finish either which is a bit of a shame, but I can't wait to see the new raid.
    People cry that the game is too easy but it's clear that actually not all that many people have 13/13 heroic, maybe they should check their facts.
    I agree it seems that the people moaning about content usually havent even finished normals - its like they jump on the bandwagon - if someone is 5/12 in normals they adopt the "the game sucks and is to easy attitude" so that people will think they are hardcore or what not

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WE ARE NOT PREPARED!
    no wait... wrong expansion.