The price of living embers?

Does anyone know how much VP or whatever they will cost? I gotta start planning out how I'm gonna get the staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the guilds who farm Firelands deem reasonable?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe they are from Firelands trash (and maybe bosses?) only...these are the only hard-to-get item to make the craftables other than the pattern themselves, and they were not up on the PTR vendor that I saw either. So, if I'm speculating correctly, you will either have to fork over a lot of dough or obtain them whenever it's your turn to get them from your guild.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Whatever the guilds who farm Firelands deem reasonable?
    Read the OP's post before you reply.

I'm logging on the PTR right now to check it for you. Will get back with a SS.

Edit: The living embers are NOT on the valor vendor, so you probably will have to get them from your guild if you want the staff. It's going to be VERY expensive elsewise.
    Last edited by Fujiama; 2011-06-11 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama View Post
    Read the OP's post before you reply.

I'm logging on the PTR right now to check it for you. Will get back with a SS.

Edit: The living embers are NOT on the valor vendor, so you probably will have to get them from your guild if you want the staff. It's going to be VERY expensive elsewise.
    Maybe you should watch what you say before yelling at other people. He gave a legitimate response.

With the Living Embers not being sold by VP vendors, this will have some results.

*Raiding guilds will have to make a choice between crafted gear for some people or a legendary for 1 person (at the start).
    *Living embers on the AH will be non-existent seeing most if not all guilds will keep the embers from their raids for crafts/the staff whereas if they were VP purchases people can do with their VPs what they want and use alts to farm VPs and sell the embers.

*You'll need to farm the same bosses twice for items to complete the legendary (1st living embers that only drop from the raid bosses and then the 25 seething embers which also only drop of raid bosses) which seems a bit redundant.
    Last edited by takolin; 2011-06-11 at 07:58 AM.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by atree496 View Post
    Maybe you should watch what you say before yelling at other people. He gave a legitimate response.
    No he didnt lol, I asked for the VP price, that is valor point price. But it's all good though, thanks for the responses. I know they had primordial saronite available off vendors, so I'm kinda wondering if they will do the same when the patch drops (otherwise people will just be farming trash, and I dont think blizz wants that)... I could be wrong though. Ah, I just read the post below, it does seem a little weird that both items will only be boss drops, I can understand with the seething embers, but living embers also seems a bit weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expensive as hell, would be my guestimation.
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!