Thread: 4.2 Shadow PvP

Deleted

4.2 Shadow PvP

At the moment I don't PvP on my Priest, so I'm not sure how reliant we are on DoTs, but as far as I know, we're supposed to DoT and run against most/all melee classes. With the 12% dot nerf and 12% MF/MB buff how will we do in PvP. I'm planning on swapping to my Shadow Priest for PvP in 4.2 so I was wondering how good we'll be.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2011-06-11 at 02:15 PM.

Dots will be weaker but healers will no longer instantly dispel them with the VE change.
    lifeisgood.jpg

Deleted
    Ah that's true, I forgot about that. Balances out then I guess and with the MF/MB buffs I suppose we'll end up stronger than before anyways. Good to know

Sure the VT dispel thing got buffed. But the overall nerf to our dots are going to make them crappy.

I doubt a healer will even bother to dispel VT since it'll be so weak.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Sure the VT dispel thing got buffed. But the overall nerf to our dots are going to make them crappy.

12% really isn't that much of a nerf compared to the crap Blizz was doing at the start of the expansion. It's sucky, but not ignorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post

I've come across so many who simply see debuffs and then think "dispell." Kinda sad. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Well it's gotten to the point where if Shadow Priests don't get some sort of extra CC, we're going to be left in the dust.

Scream is on too long of a cooldown, Horror is useless these days since every class waits to trinket the disarm, and mind control... well....

I guess if you don't want to cast anything, Mind Control is great.

Hard times are ahead, and the nerf to our dots only make it worse.

Fuck Blizzard. It's the same old bullshit as always.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    You forgot about Eye of the Storm and Arathi Basin! Mind Control can be useful there! :P