Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde - Which Race for warlock?

Hi Guys, currently my warlock is a gnome.

But I am thinking of moving to a different server and faction changing (US Times suck for australians...most of us )

anyway, i'm torn between which race to go; Goblin for the 1% decreased cast time and rockets, orc for command and blood fury or troll for beserking.

I've scoured EJ, WWD and here for a potential answer before I posted but was unable to find anything.

Also; out of them, which would have the better casting animations, the males or females?

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll is best as a Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    pick whichever looks coolest to you haha, at the end of the day there isn't a point in playing something you can't stand to look at (x

10+ Year Old Account
    HAH you look at casting anims between genders like meeee. <33

I would say female goblins. They have annoyingish casting animations but can be pretty cute and peppy, I like mine a lot.
    The rocket jump is FANTASTIC. Jump + Rocket + Slight negative incline = WIN and a half.

Its probably the most entertaining ability in the game. You can also run and rocket off your mount and go flying over gaps and lakes and what not (battle for gilneas and AB are good examples).

Srsly, gobbies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    pick whichever looks coolest to you haha, at the end of the day there isn't a point in playing something you can't stand to look at (x
    Well, I guess he wants to pick whatever has the best stats, so I'm assuming he can tolerate them all :|

Deleted
    Best looks: Undead
    Best for PvP: Goblin
    Best for PvE: Goblin/troll

10+ Year Old Account
    PS:

This.

UD, the best lock class imo.

Deleted
    UD = most int from start^^
    Goblin = Rocket Jump

Choose what you like best ^^

How has no one said Orc yet!?
    Goblins if you want good racials.
    Orcs if you want to look badass all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Troll is best as a Warlock.
    No, it's not.

For PvE, Orcs provide the highest DPS gain (it's not a personal opinion, it's a fact). For PvP, I like Goblins and Blood Elves. But you shouldn't bother with things like this, just play the race you think it's the coolest, which is obviously Undead (now that is a personal opinion)
    Last edited by Adalwolf; 2011-06-12 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really partial to my goblins. Once you get rocketjump, it's hard to go back.

Honestly though, I would assume it's a tie between orc and goblin, with troll in third. Orcs because their pets do more damage and you have a nice racial trinket and goblins for survivability and a nice haste bonus.

Female>Male Goblin though. Males' casting animation is baaad.
    Last edited by Irisel; 2011-06-12 at 10:13 AM.

best looking - orc
    best pvp - goblin
    best pve - orc or troll

granted this is imo.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the 5% increased damage with Orcs is pretty ace, I do love the way some of the gear looks on the UD locks though. Definitely gonna race change to orc when I hit 85 though.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    HAH you look at casting anims between genders like meeee. <33

I would say female goblins. They have annoyingish casting animations but can be pretty cute and peppy, I like mine a lot.
    The rocket jump is FANTASTIC. Jump + Rocket + Slight negative incline = WIN and a half.

Its probably the most entertaining ability in the game. You can also run and rocket off your mount and go flying over gaps and lakes and what not (battle for gilneas and AB are good examples).

Srsly, gobbies.
    I think you might have just convinced me with that video. Awesome! Also was looking at the female goblins cast, it is kinda annoying, but kind of cute at the same time

Thanks for the input so far guys making it hard to choose which one to go with;

is there anyway for me to see how my gear looks on a different race?

Still Orc is very tempting, though I am slightly leaning towards Goblin. Since I want to pvp a bit more than I do currently (even though am a gnome and have one of the better racials for it atm!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    is there anyway for me to see how my gear looks on a different race?
    Best way is to find a armor set you like, and preview it on Wowhead. You can look at whole sets of armor, on each race/gender.

edit: For example < http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-298#. > Click [View in 3D]
    Last edited by Irisel; 2011-06-12 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    No, it's not.

For PvE, Orcs provide the highest DPS gain (it's not a personal opinion, it's a fact). For PvP, I like Goblins and Blood Elves. But you shouldn't bother with things like this, just play the race you think it's the coolest, which is obviously Undead (now that is a personal opinion)
    In PvE, you'll get your casts off. In PvP, having haste is crucial. Why do you think that's what locks reforge to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks/casting animations - 100% subjective. I prefer BE, followed by Forsaken males (not female.)
    PVP/PVE performance, Adalwolf covered this; racials, for the most part, have minimal impact.
    Lore - BE and Forsaken, and to a lesser degree, Orcs (the former two races embrace any and all dark powers they can leverage, and the former enjoys a lot of racial-based powers in using fel; Orcs, by contrast, only used fel when guided by the Eredar, whom they never really impressed, and have since shunned it.)
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Best way is to find a armor set you like, and preview it on Wowhead. You can look at whole sets of armor, on each race/gender.

edit: For example < http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-298#. > Click [View in 3D]
    excellent, thanks!

Very true about it being subjective, I just thought I'd get some advice on the subject

still leanin towards Goblin, though I forgot how much I liked the casting animation for belf females. though belf male is kinda cool too

Damn it this decision is suuuuuuuucky. from a purely pve standpoint though i'm sitting at Orc vs Goblin. Orc male vs Goblin female to be more specific.

Hms

Deleted
    Goblins are ALMOST as bad as gnomes.... what strikes you as evil? an undead or a little green/pink thing,
    either go undead/orc or go home